JG stat

You do know that was the first game back in a delayed season in which the offseason was riddled with multiple players missing practices, right? No one is gonna be dead on crisp & accurate without reps. Y’all just can’t resist to beat this dead horse of a subject & kick the can down the street. Grow up
I'm refering to accuracy over completions......we agree then its 2 different things..because instead of debating you insult....you can move on please

If you think this pass is accurately thrown because it caught then you dont understand accuracy.....View attachment 312874

Just like strikeouts dont equate to an pitchers control (accuracy)
You've posted this repeatedly and I don't quite get it. The throw is at 11:30 of this video. It's maybe slightly behind the receiver but it's an RPO throw and the WR doesn't really even break stride.

JG misfired plenty against SC. Not sure why you're looked in on this one.

Reactions: GojiraVol17
You've posted this repeatedly and I don't quite get it. The throw is at 11:30 of this video. It's maybe slightly behind the receiver but it's an RPO throw and the WR doesn't really even break stride.

Um it looks like a play action pass....and he does lose his momentum and break stride....its an inaccurate pass... focus on this one is because its the little inaccuracies that will cost us games..not the overthrows

Reactions: Volfaninfl2
UT didn't have 200 yds passing vs Mizzou and dominated them on the ground. I've given JG a ton of credit for managing the run game well. That's no small thing. But he has not thrown the ball well compared to other SEC QB's. He's a liability.

FWIW, you really don't know what the coach got in his ear about. It could have been a missed blocking assignment. It wouldn't be surprising if a true Fr was off on a route... but are you really trying to blame the receivers for the majority of this problem when you have a QB who was about the same last year with experienced receivers?
the question answered was that no receiver ran wrong route so JG percentage was true I offered a wrong route by the freshman rather he got off his correct line or wrong period Coach had words because JG drop the ball right were the Hyatt needed to be.

Know it all’s will do just that. Profess to everyone how much they know and how right they think they are

Um it looks like a play action pass....and he does lose his momentum and break stride....its an inaccurate pass... focus on this one is because its the little inaccuracies that will cost us games..not the overthrows
You focus on the ones that are a 10 inches off either way but caught. I'll worry about the ones thrown in the front row on 3rd and 5 that result in a punt.

You focus on the ones that are a 10 inches off either way but caught. I'll worry about the ones thrown in the front row on 3rd and 5 that result in a punt.
Thats cool...its the 10 inch ones that get picked off by a good DB....or cause fumbles cuz WR are getting popped as soon as they catch and try to move....both are bad and inaccurate. Thats the point...and you were right. It does look RPO from the way the line in blocking...

Reactions: Volfaninfl2
It’s not the completion percentage that matters. If a qb completes 10 of 20, or 40 of 80, it’s the same completion rate of 50%, but one has completed 30 more passes. Touchdowns, yardage, 3rd down conversions, and scoring in the red zone matters.
We have a defensive coordinator who overrules the offensive coordinator. To me, 3 and out is just another form of turnover.
We play not to lose, and there are so many Tennessee fans who have resigned themselves
to a decent win stat, even though we never beat our former closest rivals. It’s just sad.

Reactions: whodeycin85
Coach JP and Coach JC see the quarterbacks everyday, if they thought they had a better option, then i have no doubt that person would play. Especially this year when not any game time counts against your eligibility.

Gimme a freaking break. This is like digging up the dead horse y’all been kicking for the last few seasons. You want it done better? Get into coaching yourself and shut the hell up. You sound like whiney 10 yr olds that wear Versace to school.

Erroneous.

Most of us don't even know who Versace is much less who he plays for.

LOL... like any stat that demonstrates why JG has been ineffective as a passer, right?

UT finally has a dominant run game and JG manages it well. But the weaknesses in his passing game are not gone. They're still a significant liability.

Teams will start stacking the line to slow down the run soon enough.

It'll be on Guarantano to play over his head if we can expect an upset over one of the Big Three this year.

Coach JP and Coach JC see the quarterbacks everyday, if they thought they had a better option, then i have no doubt that person would play. Especially this year when not any game time counts against your eligibility.

Maybe that’s part of the problem. Here’s the crazy thing....it doesn’t really matter what they see in practice. It only matters what they can do in a game. And when the lights are bright JG is really bad. So frustrating that we aren’t even trying to get anyone else ready

Maybe that’s part of the problem. Here’s the crazy thing....it doesn’t really matter what they see in practice. It only matters what they can do in a game. And when the lights are bright JG is really bad. So frustrating that we aren’t even trying to get anyone else ready
That and there is jo denying that CJP wants to protect his defense......and he does that by no turnovers and field position....and JG does
that so he is the best option for CJP GAMEPLAN....not necessarily the most talented

Reactions: 1vol8
That and there is jo denying that CJP wants to protect his defense......and he does that by no turnovers and field position....and JG does
that so he is the best option for CJP GAMEPLAN....not necessarily the most talented

Jg turns the ball over man. He’s avoided them this year mainly based on luck. You can’t be the lease accurate passer in your conference and not throw ints. He also holds the ball too long which also leads to turnovers. He’s avoided that so far but it’s mainly luck imo.

Jg turns the ball over man. He’s avoided them this year mainly based on luck. You can’t be the lease accurate passer in your conference and not throw ints. He also holds the ball too long which also leads to turnovers. He’s avoided that so far but it’s mainly luck imo.
I agree but CJP see him as not taking chances which is true.....he doesn't force throws...
All that hurts us a different way..i agree....

This week will answer alot of questions

Maybe that’s part of the problem. Here’s the crazy thing....it doesn’t really matter what they see in practice. It only matters what they can do in a game. And when the lights are bright JG is really bad. So frustrating that we aren’t even trying to get anyone else ready[/QUOTE
If I were the head coach, I too would want to play the quarterback that best fits the game plan.

10th.......well no wonder Tennessee is 2-0

I would have sworn he was like.....what.....22nd last year.

Where people are getting confused is saying “He’s our best chance to win” isn’t the same thing as saying “We don’t have anyone more talented”. As a fan it’s easy to read too deep into that kind of statement and “assume” JP means something he may not. Or maybe he does.... who knows? What I do know is there is a handful of coaches that would agree with JP about JG with this qb room. But there are just as many coaches that wouldn’t.

Didn't even know accuracy percentage was a stat. I'm not even sure how you would define that:

Receiver doesn't have to fully extend his arms?
Receiver doesn't have to bend at the waist?
Receiver doesn't have to reach back for ball?
Receiver can continue to run once catch is made?
Receiver remains upright upon completion?
Receiver drops pass but ball "should" have been caught?
Pass clears the LOS?
Pass gets to receiver but DB breaks up the completion?
Receiver simply touches any attempted pass?
I think that ball should have been caught even though receiver didn't touch it?

JG is currently 6th in the SEC QB rating, and 1 of 2 SEC QBs not to throw an INT with 50+ pass attempts.

Figures lie, and liars figure.

Didn't even know accuracy percentage was a stat. I'm not even sure how you would define that:

Receiver doesn't have to fully extend his arms?
Receiver doesn't have to bend at the waist?
Receiver doesn't have to reach back for ball?
Receiver can continue to run once catch is made?
Receiver remains upright upon completion?
Receiver drops pass but ball "should" have been caught?
Pass clears the LOS?
Pass gets to receiver but DB breaks up the completion?
Receiver simply touches any attempted pass?
I think that ball should have been caught even though receiver didn't touch it?

JG is currently 6th in the SEC QB rating, and 1 of 2 SEC QBs not to throw an INT with 50+ pass attempts.

Figures lie, and liars figure.
Here is an idea...
As well as link to the article...

should land between the receiver's waist and head. Then maybe the chest and head. After years of mechanical footwork, hip movement, arm-slot adjustments and timing exercises, it all leads to the gold standard: A 12-inch-by-12-inch moving target, one that travels with a receiver's stride or remains stationary with a static pass catcher.

Quarterback accuracy: A complex (and crucial) puzzle

VN Store

Back