JG is da man ... get behind this guy

His completion percentage is good because he dont take no chances..He make the safe short throw all the time..Who gives a damn about a high completion rate when its not producing TD's nor wins..I want to see him take chances and be a playmaker with the ball instead of being scared to make a mistake..His stats are misleading to me imo. Strong as JG arm is he never throw in tight windows nor throw the middle of the field..

He averages 8.61 ypa he isn't taking the short pass, He runs the plays called, how can you fault him for that! Are you still upset about saying that JG wouldn't be the starter all summer long? He is our best QB and is playing well considering the OL he is playing behind.

Don't get me wrong he isn't perfect, but he is the best option that we have!

He averages 8.61 ypa he isn't taking the short pass, He runs the plays called, how can you fault him for that! Are you still upset about saying that JG wouldn't be the starter all summer long? He is our best QB and is playing well considering the OL he is playing behind.

Look at his 3rd down averages. They are terrible. This alone causes problems for the rest of the team. We cannot stay on the field so the defense tires out as the game progresses. Take a guess at what the 3rd down conversion rate is?!?! It is in the 30% range.

For just a second, let compare teams with similar problems. The 2012 team had walk on Olinemen who were in the 260lb range. The schedule was similar as the this year. The difference between the teams is simply a dynamic QB who could make things happen and keep us on the field on 3rd down. The 2012 team had ran 50 more plays through 5 games, gained 706 more total yards, and had 732 more passing yards than the 2018 team. ALL WITH THE SAME KIND OF OLINE PROBLEMS.

2012 - 3-2 2018 2-3
NC State West Virginia
Georgia State ETSU
Florida UTEP
Akron Florida
UGA UGA

Reactions: vols 30

If you consider locking on to ONE receiver and not seeing the others "running the play that is called" then your only kidding yourself.
Yes his numbers are misleading. Yes its partially the oline fault but I see lots of receivers open and he never looks their way. He locks on to ONE receiver and either throws to him or takes a sack. Day in and day out. He is not progressing as a QB at all

I will agree with you on this. JG still stares down receivers and isn't a SEC calibrer QB. He holds the ball way too long most of the time and doesn't hit many in stride when given a little time to throw. JG just doesn't have it, period. I wish I was wrong and still hopes he proves me wrong. But, it is very doubtful at this point. He has been in the system three years now and still can't think quickly enough to go through his progressions fast enough. You can keep blaming the OL all you want. Yes, the OL isn't good. But, neither is JG!
Wow you couldn’t possibly be more wrong .. kid is a stud

Your knowledge of football is 2nd grade level. Please depart to Athens and or Tuscaloosa and get your t shirt.

Bottom line: While JG played a great game on Saturday, it is literally his first. Would be a good idea to see him put up more than one solid performance before putting so much pressure on him with the over-the-top exuberance.

Hopefully during the bye week something clicked with him, combined with Helton figuring out how to use him in a better way. Let's give them time to show us if he's really turned the corner. Allow the kid time to prove it.

Reactions: tbh
Wow you couldn’t possibly be more wrong .. kid is a stud

Your knowledge of football is 2nd grade level. Please depart to Athens and or Tuscaloosa and get your t shirt.

Easy to say moronic stuff after one good performance, you are what most of this world is which is someone who claims to KNOW IT ALL AFTER THE FACT!!! You are the moron. Let's see what JG does the remainder of the season before announcing him as a stud. He still hasn't proved anything to me. Most of those balls were thrown up as 50/50 balls and the receivers came down with them. If JG ends up even being in the top 5 in overall stats in the SEC at the end of the season, I will admit I am wrong. But, that hasn't happened yet!!! I still won't be surprised if JG gets beat out next year by Shrout or Maurer.

You were so high on JG back in March that you started a Chryst thread saying you couldn't believe no one on VolNation was talking a bout Chryst and how solid the signing was. If you thought JG was a stud in March, you wouldn't have been talking up Chryst. You are a joke!!! You can't deny your post and lie your way out of this!!!

Keller Chryst Signing to be announced in the morning per

• Go to page

Go
Next
1 of 15
Go to page

Go
Next Last
Watch

Mar 1, 2018
[U]T [/U]

[U]thegasman54[/U]
Mar 1, 2018

JoinedJan 18, 2011Messages598Likes1,056

Mar 1, 2018

Fox sports Knoxville

No thread on this ?

Solid signing

Last edited:
Reactions: cbatey1
JG could put up some insane numbers if he ever gets a proper offensive line

Insane numbers! The line played better the last two outings and the little extra time has paid dividends. They will continue to get better. Many breakdotare still mental, reps reps, reps.

I think JG has improved tremendously. However I still think he does stare his receivers down somewhat. With that being said his improvement is obvious

Easy to say moronic stuff after one good performance, you are what most of this world is which is someone who claims to KNOW IT ALL AFTER THE FACT!!! You are the moron. Let's see what JG does the remainder of the season before announcing him as a stud. He still hasn't proved anything to me. Most of those balls were thrown up as 50/50 balls and the receivers came down with them. If JG ends up even being in the top 5 in overall stats in the SEC at the eof the season, I will admit I am wrong. But, that hasn't happened yet!!! I you couldn't believe no one
No thread on this ?

Solid signing
It was and is a solid signing ! You don’t think having a seasoned proven back up is thread worthy? No one knew in March ( lol) that JG would develop this much. Still like the Chryst signing BUT JG has proven he is a player . Not sure what gotcha moment you think you have discovered but you have added to your legend of ignorance, congratulations!🎊🎈🎉

Last edited:
JG hasn't shown me he is good at reading defenses or going through progressions. Yes, sometimes he doesn't have much time to go through progressions. But, I still say he struggles mentally as a QB. There is no doubt the young man is talented. He hasn't proven to me that he has it between the ears. You have to be as mentally sharp as physically to be a high end QB in the SEC. I still say he loses his starting spot sometime between this Saturday and the beginning of October next year. We shall see.

Reactions: cbatey1
I have mixed emotions about JG. I see the good and the bad but honestly how many QB's would look average or above with our OL struggles? I'm not even sold on the fact we don't have quality players for the OL. What I do know is we need stability. Until we have a complete cycle of players with same S&C, same position coaches etc this will be a never ending conversation across the board.

When he has time to throw, he has had success.

I would bet anything that some of the hits he took led to concussion symptoms that he played through or didn't divulge. I would rather him eat the sack than do what Auburn's QB did!
I have NEVER seen our interior offensive line as horrid as it was this year, ESPECIALLY after Kennedy went down. Charlotte was almost taking our handoffs! CHARLOTTE!

Give the kid a clean pocket, not every now and twice a game... DEF NOT AFTER GETTING CRUMPLED 3 OR 4 TIMES, when the footsteps and shadows start appearing....

Let him get his confidence up, get into a rhythm, and let's see what he can do. Oh wait, we DID, that was the game we beat Auburn. Sorry, forgot...

images.jpgimages.jpgimages.jpg

VN Store

Back