JG 2020

Ever think that it looked that way cuz he held the ball for so damn long. Lol. I mean really

It appears jg lovers, and I am not a hater, just hate his play. But it is always someone elses fault for his failures. last yr ol, and some even have said that this year, now the receiver. We had a very good group of receivers this year. Jg held them back big time by not hitting them when open or throwing to wherethey were gonna be, but waiting till they got open to throw. I do not hate him but we need a fresh start at qb this coming year. If I'm not mistaken we will have 5 qb on roster this season that pruitt recruited, if one of those 5 aren't better than jg, then we still have a long ways to go to be competitive for sec east champs.

I know it can be fun... but speculation about what might have happened if different choices were made... can never be proven.

If the staff had chosen to invest the time and effort in developing Maurer or Shrout that they invested in JG then whoever it was would have been "better". They still would have been freshmen. They still would have been limited by their experience and knowledge.

There's honestly no way to say that either would have been better overall over the whole season than JG. Maurer for instance made a living with RPO's. Eventually he would have had to prove he could check down to a 3rd receiver and manage the run game.

No chance in hell he’d sniff 31 td passes in 2020 if he winds up being the QB. 32 career td passes in 34 career games at this point.

Hey has 32 td? wow that would be good if it was in 1 yr instead of 3. If you will look at jg hs stats he has never threw for many td in his hs or college career, someone was looking at star ratings and not evaluating talent when we got jg.

Reactions: Big Al Orange
Hey has 32 td? wow that would be good if it was in 1 yr instead of 3. If you will look at jg hs stats he has never threw for many td in his hs or college career, someone was looking at star ratings and not evaluating talent when we got jg.

Sam Ehlinger has played nearly the same number of games, was sacked more than JG in 2018, and is sitting at 68 passing TDs at the moment, with another 25 rushing TDs. To beat it all, Herman fired his long-time WR coach, and demoted his OC and Co-WR coach at the end of the season.

Last edited:
Reactions: KBVol
After these comments, if I’m JG I transfer simply because of the ****** fans who complain after being lead to 6 straight wins. Bunch of spoiled brats around here.
Good thing you started this (1 of a 100 like it) thread. Maybe this will be the one that finally convinces him. I'm sure you believe you carry that much influence.

I think people are taking JG and his experience for granted. I believe he’ll be TN’s QB and leader for the 2020 campaign, and will cement his legacy as one of UT’s greatest QB’s (based on stats and growth as a player).

JG struggled adapted to a new offense, which he was forced to do throughout his career thus far. But after a year in the system, and the experience he’s gained, I feel like JG will be among the leading QB’s in the SEC next season, and will even be mentioned in the heisman discussions a few times.
Look the kid took as much if not more of a beating then any Vol in history so his toughness will never be in question. The problem is it that 98% of us have seen enough. I get that he deserves our support. He was the starting qb for the win streak but one could argue that the streak was in spite of him. We may have the best starting oline in the last decade and it is vital that we capitalize on this situation. We have to play the [ right ]Qb this year and that decision cant be based off emotions. I just want the best guy to play reguardless of who that is.

Reactions: Chippo and 4chrissy
After these comments, if I’m JG I transfer simply because of the ****** fans who complain after being lead to 6 straight wins. Bunch of spoiled brats around here.
So... he didn't cause the losses when he was underperforming as the full time starter... that was everyone else's fault. But he did cause the 6 straight wins while sharing the QB reps and STILL underperforming in the last two wins against bad opponents?

That kind of reasoning is why we suspect you are another username being used by the Grand Poobah of the JG cult.

I think people are taking JG and his experience for granted. I believe he’ll be TN’s QB and leader for the 2020 campaign, and will cement his legacy as one of UT’s greatest QB’s (based on stats and growth as a player).

JG struggled adapted to a new offense, which he was forced to do throughout his career thus far. But after a year in the system, and the experience he’s gained, I feel like JG will be among the leading QB’s in the SEC next season, and will even be mentioned in the heisman discussions a few times.

Oh please baby Jesus...let you be wrong. Seriously, what’s wrong with some of our fans. Jg is the worst qb I’ve ever seen. Why in earth would you hope he starts again? He’s obviously not ever going to be great. Hell...he’s not ever even going to be good. Why would you not hope that hill or bailey wins the job?

Awesome. Let’s see if we can get this thread to 500 pages. Seriously, jg transferring would be the best news we could possibly hope for.

The replies to Gaurantano tweet that he’s returning next year is despicable. Idc if you think the kid is a bad QB or not, but do not attack a college kid and tell him such bad things!! God I hate some of the ignorance in this fan base!!!! Just be smarter please. The best QB will play!!!! JG or not!! I hope he does great just to prove all the ignorant people wrong

While this guy is trolling, it baffles me that anybody who has watched this kid play QB thinks he’s even decent at that position.

The problem with JG is how poorly he grades out with the eye test. He’ll have a great stat line and just be a BRUTAL watch. I honestly can’t believe he’s coming back, like 100% shocked.

This is a total disaster for Pruitt and this fan base. With him coming back we are now in a situation that if he does what he normally does, there won’t be a warm up period to full throat anger. Pruitt will be forced to make a move and we’ll be doing the same thing again next year.

I support any kid who plays hard and loyal to Tennessee and JG is but hell, it’s gotta get better. This past season was a cluster ****

That's disappointing. Our team is at a great place for a fresh start, and he personally needs a fresh start somewhere else as well. He has clearly hit his ceiling, and the ceiling is not good enough to get this team to the potential level that seems to be within reach.

As long as he's in the quarterback room, he will suck all the air out of the room. I hope Pruitt has the stones to do what needs to be done here. And that is, making it Harrison Bailey's team as soon as he sets foot on campus, giving him every opportunity to excel.

Jarrett can't run, at an SEC level anyway, and he can't hit a receiver in stride to save his life. The rest of this team is quickly becoming loaded and we don't need to be held back by subpar and wildly inconsistent quarterback play.

VN Store

Back