Jeremy Pruitt ranked 14th best coach in the SEC

The writer is obviously an idiot. Pruitt<Morris??? Not only that, but Fisher is no. 3? What is the writer measuring, coach's salaries? I live in the southwest and hear a lot more from the Aggie faithful than do most SEC fans. I can tell you that they think they've been had to the tune of 75 mil.

Jumbo is way overrated.

This is almost unbelievable! So many (millions) people saw the almost ass whooping we laid on BAMA Saturday, I'd have thought he'd be, maybe tied ,or one rank below Saban. Under his leadership this team has gotten better and better, almost whooped BAMA, and Florida-these people making these rankings must be blind, or are taking money, or something, because anyone can clearly see, we are now just one QB away from a NATY.

I like Pruitt and all, but blue font right?

This is almost unbelievable! So many (millions) people saw the almost ass whooping we laid on BAMA Saturday, I'd have thought he'd be, maybe tied ,or one rank below Saban. Under his leadership this team has gotten better and better, almost whooped BAMA, and Florida-these people making these rankings must be blind, or are taking money, or something, because anyone can clearly see, we are now just one QB away from a NATY.

I'm just being a realist right now, but if Tua stays in the game we probably lose really bad.

Pruitt really hasn't shown much in his time at UT. His current recruiting class is below average, and he has gotten blown out so many times (even to teams with similar or less talent).

He has beaten Auburn and Miss State though.

I don't think he is worse than Morris, but I haven't seen much to lead me to believe he will be a great coach.

I hope I'm proven wrong

I will be the first to admit that I’ve had serious doubts about JP. But, I now seriously believe he will become one of the most popular and best respected coaches in the SEC.

I will take his “cornbread” hillbilly type personality over almost all of the egotistic cocky personalities of the others on this list.
Look over that list and see who you would trade him for to represent our team. Which one’s on that list would you want coming in your home recruiting your son?

I just think the media thinks it is stylish and cool to jump on TN right now.
Rank him however the hell they want to, I think he will get the last laugh!

Jones brought in 4 star talent built for an offense that wouldn’t win big in the sec imo.
There are 4 Stars and then there are 4 stars. Where did he bring in 4star players at QB, O-line, D-line, RB, and LB. Most of the players he brought in have a defeatist attitude and either left or can not bring themselves to play the style of football needed to wi nin the SEC or any other P5 team. A few who transfered were able to do well but most could never cut the mustard. It appears that Pruitt's recruits are playing well and should become good SEC players. I could be wrong, but I an willing to evaluate our team after 4-5 years of Pruitt's recruits.

But, I now seriously believe he will become one of the most popular and best respected coaches in the SEC.

What has happened in the last two weeks to make you belive that? We have improved from getting hammered by GA State. That is progress and I will take it. But Pruitt hasn't proved a thing yet. Lets slow our roll here.

Reactions: 08Vol
Pruitt has a looong way to go to learn how to be a HC. His learning curve has been steep to say the least.

What has happened in the last two weeks to make you belive that? We have improved from getting hammered by GA State. That is progress and I will take it. But Pruitt hasn't proved a thing yet. Lets slow our roll here.

This team could have rolled over and quit, which at the time I was afraid they would do.
If you look at our first two games thru our last two, at both the coaches and the players, you have to see more passion and confidence. I’m not saying we have turned the corner.
I think JP and the coaching staff were embarrassed, which they should have been.
I’m saying I would take JP’s chances and personality to over half of those on the list ranked above him.

Makes me like Pruitt more. PC police are going crazy over his handling of Banks and the JG tug, but he handled both well given the situation, except banks should be on the team and JG should be drinking through a straw.
I agree except for one thing. If you looked at the entire situation, Banks is very lucky he isn’t in jail for violation of a restraining order little less very dangerous statements toward an officer.

Take these type articles and the ones predicting what the interest rate will be in 2050 and you have the same kind of "journalism"...Who cares where he's ranked in the SEC...all we want is a winning program.....

VN Store

Back