Jeremy Pruitt ranked 14th best coach in the SEC

I would say the pinky grab of the helmet face mask has forever put some media people that are on the wimpy side in anti- Pruitt mode. Ergo they will vote him worst no matter.
If they would do their due diligence they would see that A&M HC Jimbo Fisher grabbed a face mask at FSU among a lot of HC's over the years.
JMO after seeing a clip of Finebaum on video making it out to be horrible.

This is almost unbelievable! So many (millions) people saw the almost ass whooping we laid on BAMA Saturday, I'd have thought he'd be, maybe tied ,or one rank below Saban. Under his leadership this team has gotten better and better, almost whooped BAMA, and Florida-these people making these rankings must be blind, or are taking money, or something, because anyone can clearly see, we are now just one QB away from a NATY.
giphy (19).gif

Reactions: 08Vol and FLVOL_79
It looks like it has started to turn for sure. Still a long way to go and need it to be consistent, but for the first time the team looks like they are headed in the right direction.

I would agree , last year after the Ky & Auburn win I still had major doubts. I'm now seeing tangible + movement but still a ways to go on a few fronts. Overall depth, QB, and trying to out recruit in the best conference in the nation, hard when losing record. Next step 6 wins Bowl and Extra Practices.

Reactions: 08Vol
I mean, I question him constantly but how could ANYONE be behind Chad freaking Morris?

SEC football coaches ranked: 2019 edition -
Stop reading the dribble, nonsense that comes from the media They are trying to get views. Does anyone believe Joe Moorehead, Will Muschamp, Derek Mason, Chad Morris, Mark Stoops, are better coaches than Jeremy Pruitt. Pruitt has 71 scholarship players, 40% of his team was playing high school last year. His team is improving EVERY WEEK!!! They played Alabama better, tougher than anyone has this year (including Jimbo's Texas A&M)!! Ask Saban. Whatever happened on the goal line, two things are clear -- 1. Had JG handed off, Crouch would have walked into the endzone. Just think 28-20, 7 minutes to go..... 2. On that play watch the perfect blocking of Tennessee's offensive line. Trey Smith bulldozed his man 10 yards into the endzone. This OL makes mistakes, but they are getting better, and meaner. They love to knock people off the line of scrimmage. And the DL is really starting to make a difference. If it wasn't for the QB situation, I would say Tennessee will be 6-6 for sure, and maybe 7-5.

The more I think about it, Jimbo maybe overrated.

Chad Morris’s squad is constantly misfiring and his garbage QB somehow continues to see playing time. It’s mind boggling.

Reactions: FLVOL_79
It looks like it has started to turn for sure. Still a long way to go and need it to be consistent, but for the first time the team looks like they are headed in the right direction.
Turned the corner, heading in the right direction, yes sir, I haven't heard that before..

I mean, I question him constantly but how could ANYONE be behind Chad freaking Morris?

SEC football coaches ranked: 2019 edition -
Guess these rankings come out after the San Jose State game and Auburn Beat down on Arkansas State. Did anyone see that fake punt play for Arkansas this past weekend? With coaching decisions like that would surely put you at the bottom of any poll!!

Turned the corner, heading in the right direction, yes sir, I haven't heard that before..
It's bound to happen sometime, so just because its been heard before doesnt invalidate it when it does happen. This was a game you could clearly see where player mistakes kept us from being in the game with a chance to win. As opposed to previous games where the team looked like a complete mess. I also said we need to see it consistently and have a long way to go. But its a bit silly to not acknowledge what you see, for the second week in a row. I still dont think Pruitt will have long term success here, but the last two weeks have been much improved...we will have to see if it continues.

Reactions: Volfaninfl2

I think there has been progress. The Bama game was one that I don't think any serious person could say was lost due to Pruitt or his staff - they coached well enough to win. Compared to some previous games, thats a big step forward.

Too high. You'd have to put people like Sark, Dooley and Butch ahead of Pruitt because they've actually had winning seasons as head football coaches in college. There's a good argument that the potential of someone like Dava Aranda exceeds the thus far lackluster results of Pruitt. Without getting too deep into this, I'd say Pruitt is probably on the edge of the top 20 best head coaches in the SEC.

Too high. You'd have to put people like Sark, Dooley and Butch ahead of Pruitt because they've actually had winning seasons as head football coaches in college. There's a good argument that the potential of someone like Dava Aranda exceeds the thus far lackluster results of Pruitt. Without getting too deep into this, I'd say Pruitt is probably on the edge of the top 20 best head coaches in the SEC.

I'd say you are 100% correct, Pruitt is on the edge of top 20 Best Head Coaches in the SEC! Great point! I'd say he is even a little better than that, maybe 14th.

Last edited:
The writer is obviously an idiot. Pruitt<Morris??? Not only that, but Fisher is no. 3? What is the writer measuring, coach's salaries? I live in the southwest and hear a lot more from the Aggie faithful than do most SEC fans. I can tell you that they think they've been had to the tune of 75 mil.

Gasnsports ranked #5 clickbait site in recent survey of Volnation member. However, they ranked #1 at using words they don’t understand (e.g., auspicious).

This is almost unbelievable! So many (millions) people saw the almost ass whooping we laid on BAMA Saturday, I'd have thought he'd be, maybe tied ,or one rank below Saban. Under his leadership this team has gotten better and better, almost whooped BAMA, and Florida-these people making these rankings must be blind, or are taking money, or something, because anyone can clearly see, we are now just one QB away from a NATY.

Goodness.... 3-10 and 5-14 beg to differ.

VN Store

Back