Jeremy Banks needs to be dismissed

Did you not watch the video? He wasn’t sober. One second “y’all the nicest cops I’ve ever meet” the next second “hope you don’t run on me without that badge”.

Also where are you getting that he had his vehicle searched? In the video he specifically tells the guy coming to get his car “don’t let them search my car”
Already announced that he consented for his vehicle to be searched and there was nothing found. Also no alcohol.

Did you not watch the video? He wasn’t sober. One second “y’all the nicest cops I’ve ever meet” the next second “hope you don’t run on me without that badge”.

Also where are you getting that he had his vehicle searched? In the video he specifically tells the guy coming to get his car “don’t let them search my car”
Sound more mentally unstable than uti to me

Lmao so others lack the ability to identify threatening language? Only the victim of the language can identify it?

It’s not a matter of “feelings”. It’s a matter of not being a stupid person.

What do you think he meant when he told the female that she’d see him around campus and that he doesn’t forget faces?

So once again you think that cop who is a grown adult is incapable of forming his own thoughts and feelings in a direct interaction with someone?

That’s really sad that you think your opinions (from a total random person on a message board with no say in the matter) trump the opinions and feelings of folks who were actually involved.

Who’s selling who’s soul?

You’re the one out here saying that the cop should feel threatened and acting offended when your feelings have nothing to do with this instance.

Unless you’re one of those 4 people, your clamoring “he threatened the cop” don’t matter one bit.

It’s almost like people want to force their feelings onto the cop about how to feel after hearing Banks’ words instead of him being a grown adult engaging with Banks.

If not giving in to the fake outrage from strangers is selling your soul, Lord help us.

At one point in the video after Banks made the "where I'm from we shoot at cops" remark, the male cop told Banks to not make threats he isn't ready to carry out (something to that effect). When Banks said to the female officer "remember what I told you", she asked "that you're gonna shoot me?" I don't think it's crazy to insinuate that both officers perceived Banks' remarks as threatful, at least initially, based on how they responded to him.

He consented to a car search and they found nothing in his car.

Obviously being out late is suspect but to say he was lucky to not get a field sobriety test or drug test is dumb.

Remember this is all over a wrong U turn. I'm sure that screamed the driver being under the influence.

Is that right? And you have proof of the consent and car search?

At one point in the video after Banks made the "where I'm from we shoot at cops" remark, the male cop told Banks to not make threats he isn't ready to carry out (something to that effect). When Banks said to the female officer "remember what I told you", she asked "that you're gonna shoot me?" I don't think it's crazy to insinuate that both officers perceived Banks' remarks as threatful, at least initially, based on how they responded to him.
Heard em both chuckle. He also denied to her that he said he’d shoot her. Told them their music sucked...maybe they felt threatened by that.

What you just said is fine. You’re making a guess. Totally fine.

But the people on here saying that they know better than the cop because they would feel threatened if someone said that to them are the crazy ones.

I’m not trying to force my opinions on anyone in this ordeal. I’m simply saying I’m not going to speak for the arresting officer who was with Banks throughout the whole ordeal. I trust the cop to be grown up enough to know if he feels threatened or not.

There’s more signs saying he wasn’t than he was. Apparently that offends people because of their manufactured outrage on a message board.

Reactions: butchna
Local news people did them no favors here. Wonder if we even see this if UT is 4-0 going into the Georgia game? Pruitt must of hurt someone's feelings or they just have it in for him. UT doesn't need any outside help to kill the program, they're doing a fine job by themselves.

Maybe, just maybe, some of these local journalists/reporters are big fans, and they see this as an opportunity to tarnish Pruitt’s ethical acumen, setting him up to be fired with cause. If that occurs, UT is relinquished from any buyout responsibility.

Pruitt is most likely a good, honorable family man. I won’t question his ideals as a husband/father, that’s not what this is about anyway, but he is not cut out to be a D1 head coach. With each passing week, it becomes more apparent than when he last took the field.

Not only has Pruitt embarrassed a pinnacle brand, he’s willingly participating in damaging the image of UT’s institutional standards.

Reactions: Myrtleturtle
Maybe, just maybe, some of these local journalists/reporters are big fans, and they see this as an opportunity to tarnish Pruitt’s ethical acumen, setting him up to be fired with cause. If that occurs, UT is relinquished from any buyout responsibility.

Pruitt is most likely a good, honorable family man. I won’t question his ideals as a husband/father, that’s not what this is about anyway, but he is not cut out to be a D1 head coach. With each passing week, it becomes more apparent than when he last took the field.

Not only has Pruitt embarrassed a pinnacle brand, he’s willingly participating in damaging the image of UT’s institutional standards.

And what are those institutional standards?

And on a side note, you may be right about the media being activists more than objective journalists now a day.

All media is based in activism now.

Hey dipsh##, I didn’t say he wasn’t going to be punished. I’m talking about this dumb “ he’s a child” excuse people keep using. It’s idiotic. Show me where I said anything about having the right to every detail of his situation. News flash, you can’t.
I see we have another candidate the VolNation reading comprehension 101. Read it again. Not once have I called him a child! I try to avoid calling them kids also, their not. Also, I never said YOU have the right, I said SOME people. If you took that personal that’s on you. Good job, on the name calling though. Big red flag for someone who doesn’t have an argument.

Well the heat is going to get turned up the next few weeks. 1-6 and 1-8 in your last 9 gets you canned most places. May be heading for a 3 win year at best. That's rough any way you look at it.

Reactions: bigdaddy
All I am saying is there are only 2-3 people in the matter with opinions that actually matter.

You have been more than clear on that, but this is a message board. Its #1 purpose is to share opinions. If you want to just go by facts and facts alone with no discussion, shut it down.

All I'm saying is if that's a Florida player and your daughter was one of the people he was running his mouth to, you might say "technically it wasn't a direct threat, but he better hope he doesn't see me in a dark alley alone".

At least that's what I hope you'd be saying. No matter who he played football for. Wtf is wrong with a little common decency?

And I still don't think anyone should be losing their minds and want him strung up by the neck, but its ridiculous to act like he threw a paper wad in the lunchroom.

You have been more than clear on that, but this is a message board. Its #1 purpose is to share opinions. If you want to just go by facts and facts alone with no discussion, shut it down.

All I'm saying is if that's a Florida player and your daughter was one of the people he was running his mouth to, you might say "technically it wasn't a direct threat, but he better hope he doesn't see me in a dark alley alone".

At least that's what I hope you'd be saying. No matter who he played football for. Wtf is wrong with a little common decency?

And I still don't think anyone should be losing their minds and want him strung up by the neck, but its ridiculous to act like he threw a paper wad in the lunchroom.

That would be best case, but well, this is as you said, a message board.

Nothing wrong with decency at all.

Additionally @Behr , I do think the blow up over this is absurd over a traffic stop. The crazier part is people are somehow making this an issue with Pruitt because of his phone call. Plenty of stuff to be upset with him, but his handling over a phone call at 3:30 in the morning is not one.

Last edited:
I saw all of it and yes I think he needs to be gone. I’m not selling my soul and our reputation to win a football game. He was correct though, in Memphis they shoot Cops. Bragging about it or making that a point is unacceptable. Nevertheless UT is getting dragged on all media outlets. It’s not a good look. Period.
Opinion noted. Who would sell their soul/reputation for a football team.
1C3BE9B8-1C1B-4B64-B170-9E5B9A0FD291.gif

VN Store

Back