Jeremy Banks needs to be dismissed

No need to ruin someones life over words spoken in anger. Especially words that were not a direct threat to anyone. Nor brought injury to anyone. And especially a "discourse" that I'm sure the young man regrets the content of.
I'm 100% against the content of Jeremy's angry exchange. In fact it's downright offensive and makes me look at him negatively. But, I'm 200% in favor of not having a society where powerful forces can crush lives based on someone's words. Words! The founders of our country understood the acute need for societies to not crush speech. They had centuries of dead bodies, free reigning tyranny, and destroyed lives clearly in view when the 1st Amendment was penned. I'm glad (hope?) our program is handling it as such.
Well he directly threaten the female officer so there is that

Are you Jeremy Banks?
Are you Jeremy Pruitt?
Are you the arresting officer?
Are you the person that did the ride along?

If you can't answer yes to one of those 4 questions, it really doesn't matter what you perceive something as. It really doesn't. People trying to manufacture outrage because the actual people involved in this ordeal are pathetic.

The officer and other police on site obviously didn't take anything as threatening. That is clear.

But hey, the Cancel Culture is everywhere and if yall personally feel bad over something that you have no hand in, you have to ruin it for everyone else.

Squib joining the sell your soul for a win club. Lost all perspective.

Reactions: PrattvilleVol
Need to put on more steam in Memphis. Memphis is a tough city. I am from Memphis as well.
I was a cop in Memphis for 30 years. I dealt with punks like Banks about everyday. Nobody bothered to mention his warrant was driving on a suspended license. He should have been arrested again because he continued to drive. I don't know about Bama or GA. but as a officer and you find out someone has a warrant you must make the arrest or you are violating the law.

Squib joining the sell your soul for a win club. Lost all perspective.

Who’s selling who’s soul?

You’re the one out here saying that the cop should feel threatened and acting offended when your feelings have nothing to do with this instance.

Unless you’re one of those 4 people, your clamoring “he threatened the cop” don’t matter one bit.

It’s almost like people want to force their feelings onto the cop about how to feel after hearing Banks’ words instead of him being a grown adult engaging with Banks.

If not giving in to the fake outrage from strangers is selling your soul, Lord help us.

That is not threatening someone with direct violence.

And once again, something is only a threat if the person who is on the other end of the conversation feels it is a threat. Unless you are the officer or the person doing the ride along, how you feel about it has zero to do with anything.

At the end of the day, the officer and folks obviously felt no threat given how they reacted and handled everything. My point is only proven as they have yet to put out any additional statement on the matter.

Quit trying to be offended because others who actually matter in this ordeal aren't.

See my post above yours for the threats. He was 100% attempting to threaten and intimidate.

We don’t know that and neither do you

I say it’s very likely as the situation has been dealt with and Pruitt and Banks both issued statements on the matter before the video came out. Hard to double punish him after the issue has been resolved.

Reactions: butchna
The word was “silliest” not stupid.

Good morning!

And once again, it’s only a threat if the person (the officers) took it as a threat.

People opining that it was a direct threat of violence from Banks to that cop are wrong.

If cop comes out tomorrow says it was a threat, so be it. If he comes out tomorrow and says he didn’t take it as a threat, so be it.

The manufactured outrage by total strangers on here is pathetic.
K

He consented to a car search and they found nothing in his car.

Obviously being out late is suspect but to say he was lucky to not get a field sobriety test or drug test is dumb.

Remember this is all over a wrong U turn. I'm sure that screamed the driver being under the influence.

Did you not watch the video? He wasn’t sober. One second “y’all the nicest cops I’ve ever meet” the next second “hope you don’t run on me without that badge”.

Also where are you getting that he had his vehicle searched? In the video he specifically tells the guy coming to get his car “don’t let them search my car”

Reactions: BisonVol
Remember, Everyone is innocent until proven guilty, unless he is convicted of a crime (and a serious crime), he should remain a Vol! Yes sir, and we should rally around him, and try to show him as much support as we can. I mean who amongst us, hasn't said stuff like that to cops? Maybe he had a little "tiff" with one of his girls friends, this would explain it.
We don't all talk to cops that way
He was over the top disrespectful. The only reason he isn't facing punishment is Pruitt needs him. And Pruitt once again makes UT's reputation the butt of jokes

Reactions: I40flyer
I say it’s very likely as the situation has been dealt with and Pruitt and Banks both issued statements on the matter before the video came out. Hard to double punish him after the issue has been resolved.
After it hit Fox News I think that changed the game. Also he is “nursing” an injury. Lots of room here to avoid more PR trouble and just not play the kid and continue to discipline him internally

See my post above yours for the threats. He was 100% attempting to threaten and intimidate.

In your opinion......

The only way your opinion is right is if that cop agrees with you. That is unless you, yourself, are the arresting officer who happens to also be posting on this message board.

Why are you trying to force your feelings on someone who is a grown adult and can decide for themselves if they perceived it as a threat?

Do you not trust that the cop is an adult who can form his own thoughts and feelings?

Can’t walk it back now. We’re not the NFL. Pruitt already announced that this was handled internally and they’ve moved on. There are no further court proceedings. He’s playing Saturday.

Reactions: MemphisVol77
Some of us do cuz some of us listened.
Nope, it’s not game day and he is nursing an injury. Also the national attention changes the game. Don’t be surprised if he doesn’t play. Not that he will make any difference anyway

Did you not watch the video? He wasn’t sober. One second “y’all the nicest cops I’ve ever meet” the next second “hope you don’t run on me without that badge”.

Also where are you getting that he had his vehicle searched? In the video he specifically tells the guy coming to get his car “don’t let them search my car”

Can you prove that he wasn’t sober? If not, you’re just making an opinion trying to cast it as fact.

Second, the police report was released thanks FOIA’s and his car was searched and he consented to it. Are you saying the police report was made up?

In your opinion......

The only way your opinion is right is if that cop agrees with you. That is unless you, yourself, are the arresting officer who happens to also be posting on this message board.

Why are you trying to force your feelings on someone who is a grown adult and can decide for themselves if they perceived it as a threat?

Do you not trust that the cop is an adult who can form his own thoughts and feelings?

Lmao so others lack the ability to identify threatening language? Only the victim of the language can identify it?

It’s not a matter of “feelings”. It’s a matter of not being a stupid person.

What do you think he meant when he told the female that she’d see him around campus and that he doesn’t forget faces?

Can’t walk it back now. We’re not the NFL. Pruitt already announced that this was handled internally and they’ve moved on. There are no further court proceedings. He’s playing Saturday.
This is why I hate these videos being released way after the fact. If this was a band member at UT, no way does it blow up this big.

Reactions: butchna

VN Store

Back