Jeremy Banks needs to be dismissed

Disinterested? And yet you responded to it. You guys are hilarious. As much as you're all clowns, I see why even Jack Napier AKA, Arthur Fleck, AKA Jerome Valeska think you're too pathetic to include on his staff. Disinterested and answering all the same??????? Hilarious, cerebrally lacking but still hilarious.

Disinterested not uninterested, you buffoon.

adjective
  1. not influenced by considerations of personal advantage.

I realize that most of these players weren't brought up in the best environments, and may have lacked male role models. Not saying that is the case with Banks, because I don't know. However, saying that where you are from, they shoot at cops, and making several veiled threats against the officers is NEVER ok for anyone to say. Those are VERY serious comments and must be dealt with harshly. Defenders can try to minimize the comments as much as they want, but I don't want anyone that truly feels that way to be associated with our school. I would suspend him for the remainder of the year, until he can show that he has learned his lesson.

LOL
Kid should have been kicked off, but he won’t because Pruitt is from the Saban plantation. He won’t grow. He’ll learn, like we all know, that there is a different set of rules if you can’t tote the rock.
lol Kick him out of school! lol Cain’t learn nothing if youin in school lol! Put him on the street and hill be where he belong and hill lurn! This public message brought to you by the fine white trash bottlers of Mad Dog 20/20.

This is true......however when you say “we” it becomes at least a bit of a problem.

Some kids look up to Tennessee........we don’t want some kid making homemade shirts thinking “hey it’s cool, Tennessee players shoot at cops.”

I know he was probably joking, and he shouldn’t be dismissed.....but dang it was dumb........and Tennessee already looks bad enough.

He was using “we” in reference to people from the rough parts of Memphis. He is talking to a female intern and letting her know that policing in real cities is a lot different than being a campus cop in Knoxville. I interpret his statement more as a “this job is a lot more dangerous than you think and it’s going to get worse before it gets better”.

Reactions: knucklehead_vol
I realize that most of these players weren't brought up in the best environments, and may have lacked male role models. Not saying that is the case with Banks, because I don't know. However, saying that where you are from, they shoot at cops, and making several veiled threats against the officers is NEVER ok for anyone to say. Those are VERY serious comments and must be dealt with harshly. Defenders can try to minimize the comments as much as they want, but I don't want anyone that truly feels that way to be associated with our school. I would suspend him for the remainder of the year, until he can show that he has learned his lesson.

1st thing he is from Cordova. Cordova isn't that bad. It has become the most diverse area of Memphis. Second he has never had to think about shooting a cop. He was just running his immature mouth ising the thug crap. He is nowhere near being a thug. He just wants to be that way because it's the cultural thing to do. He doesn't need to be suspended for the season. And there have been way worse at UT. Now Pruitt is the head coach, and he is a semi intelligent adult. He should have known better than to do what he did as well.

Absolutely not. Knoxville and UT cops are trash and have been for many years. This was settled I court and the judge agreed that the whole situation was a waste of time on everyone’s behalf. And he wasn’t lying that where he is from they shoot at cops, just a fact.

Reactions: VolLFN
Keep in mind during this process the LEO allowed Banks to call Pruitt. Not sure if Pruitt called back but the LEO had a conversation with Pruitt. Let Banks contact his " homie" to come an retrieve the car, turns out his license was also suspended. So they waited for " homie" number two to retrieve the car who actually had a valid license. During this process Banks cursed, threatened the intern on at least two occasions " I'll see you around campus". Talked about hating cops, been dealing with cops all my life, shooting at cops, ( in the third party ) and asked the office " what would you be doing without that badge on.

If he had paid the original fine as Pruitt had him walked through this arrest would never have happened. But as we see in this video he thinks he's entitled, and obviously thinks he doesn't have to pay tickets.
Pruitt as we'll showing his ugly side with his comments.

Who thinks his actions are okay ? Who on this board reacts this way when you are stopped by police?

This coming on the heels of the Bryce Thompson ' I'll shoot up the campus" arrest.
It's a bad look and needs to be properly addressed. I thinks he needs to be gone or at a minimum suspended for the remainder of the year without football privileges. No dorm, no training table meals etc.
Dude! Pruitt’s already announced “this has been handled internally.” You talk about a “bad look”? Pull a Roger Goodell and kick him out of school because of a video and you ensure said bad look.

Reactions: LibertyVolance
Doing this would indeed be punishment.
Yes yes. We ALL know you hate all police regardless of how good they may be because you were treated poorly, unfairly, or unjustly at some point and therefore there is no such thing as a good one. For s#*t sake WE GET IT!!!!

Reactions: Doberman
Im a little concerned that Pruitt was obviously trying to influence the Police not to arrest Banks. This shows there is likely No Discipline on the team, and Answers all the questions. Pruitt SHOULD have been pissed (At Banks) that he was awakened at 3:15 AM and having to deal with a Guy that doesn't know how to handle himself. NO WONDER we are looking at 3-9.

Dont be silly. Nothing untoward about what Pruitt said. I highly doubt its the first call he has had like that. He simply was asking if the officer had discretion over the arrest, which it would seem in some cases, in spite of an outstanding warrant, they do. In this case, there was no alternatives, which the officer informed Pruitt of, and then they proceeded onward. I dont know about you but I would want a coach who would at least be asking if there were other options than arresting him and if I were his parent I would certainly want that as well. Kids do stupid mindless things - I brought a loaded pistol into my dorm room my freshmen year (didnt want it stolen out of my car) - doesnt mean coaches should ruin their lives over them.

Point is a lot of these kids have had people walk away from them, what they mostly need is someone who cares to (figuratively or actually) smack them up-side the head and say "You cant do that". I am sure Banks will have some internal punishment along with some teaching moment, chewing out, etc and will be far less likely to make the mistake again. That is what we want, right? Or is virtue signaling of how super moral we are (pretending to be) the primary goal?

Reactions: LibertyVolance
Its one thing to have a team that is playing poorly. Its a whole new can of worms when that team has players getting arrested and talking about shooting people/cops etc. . Listen, UT has an obligation to preserve its good name and reputation first and foremost in these situations. I am pretty sure this was intentionally released to the news station by someone that wanted it to be exposed, but all the same, it happened. Neither the player nor the coach reacted correctly and until we know the final outcome here, it looks like that is 2 in a row now where this stuff has been condoned/tolerated. This isn't going to finish well.

Reactions: vettefool
1st thing he is from Cordova. Cordova isn't that bad. It has become the most diverse area of Memphis. Second he has never had to think about shooting a cop. He was just running his immature mouth ising the thug crap. He is nowhere near being a thug. He just wants to be that way because it's the cultural thing to do. He doesn't need to be suspended for the season. And there have been way worse at UT. Now Pruitt is the head coach, and he is a semi intelligent adult. He should have known better than to do what he did as well.
What did Pruitt “do” exactly? 🤨

Absolutely not. Knoxville and UT cops are trash and have been for many years. This was settled I court and the judge agreed that the whole situation was a waste of time on everyone’s behalf. And he wasn’t lying that where he is from they shoot at cops, just a fact.

true that. ...although might have been a little bit better if he'd phrased it some other way than "WE shoot at cops [in Memphis]"...

Reactions: Rooster1
No need to ruin someones life over words spoken in anger. Especially words that were not a direct threat to anyone. Nor brought injury to anyone. And especially a "discourse" that I'm sure the young man regrets the content of.
I'm 100% against the content of Jeremy's angry exchange. In fact it's downright offensive and makes me look at him negatively. But, I'm 200% in favor of not having a society where powerful forces can crush lives based on someone's words. Words! The founders of our country understood the acute need for societies to not crush speech. They had centuries of dead bodies, free reigning tyranny, and destroyed lives clearly in view when the 1st Amendment was penned. I'm glad (hope?) our program is handling it as such.

We really need to educate people instead of kicking them to the curb. I dare say that any one of you have not made a mistake in the past, the only difference is that there wasn't a social outlet that you could get crucified in.

Ummmm...tried to influence the cop. ON ****ING RECORD. That's all.
Two of us heard two different things. Of course I’m limited by merely listening to the words...you have the pious agenda working overtime.

Wonder who wrote this, our SID? Sure as hell wasnt Banks, you can make book on that. And it’s “not who I am”?? The hell it ain’t, it’s exactly who he is

View attachment 228832

Careful there Wapner. ;) He didn't write it, but he apparently agreed to affix his name and reputation to it. Nobody was injured or even near being afaik.
judge-wapner-e1488140307964.jpg

VN Store

Back