Jeremy Banks needs to be dismissed

If that merits a dismissal, we might as well close down our sports programs.
He was angry and said something very wrong. But, dismissal? Would our rivals?
Hell, if it was Florida or Ohio State he would have to sit out half a practice and get a VIP pass to the best club in town.

Reactions: Vfl2407
Man people are quick to pass judgment on others for something someone said in the heat of the moment, out of anger, stress or any instance that makes them feel uncomfortable. I agree that disciplinary action needs to be taken but dismissal is a bit much. We are not talking a sexual assault or anything of the like here. I do not condone his actions but I am objective as well. I am pretty sure there are many in this forum that has said things out of anger they wished that hadn't. The kid is only 19, still an adolescent and is still maturing. It isn't the lone action I am concerned with it; it is how he responds. Also, shame on the police for releasing the footage there was no reason to make this public, it was a traffic violation that resorted in an arrest due to an outstanding warrant for failing to show in court for a previous traffic violation. KPD acts like this was some sort of physical assault and had to justify themselves. Sounds like someone on the force wants JP gone.
It's the Antifa people who want to put body cameras on all the cops. Once it's recorded, anyone can make a FOIA request for a copy of the video.

It's the Antifa people who want to put body cameras on all the cops. Once it's recorded, anyone can make a FOIA request for a copy of the video.
Do you think it was really an FOIA request that made it available? I mean I am not saying that FOIA was a possibility but this spread like wildfire quickly. Not to mention why is Jeremy Banks video the only one in recent memory released and not the many other players who have been arrested, could it be because the Pruitt's conversation was heard? How many fans knew of Bank's warrant arrest prior?

The internal punishment that he has already received I’m sure was more than sufficient and Pruitt just said he will play Saturday (and rightfully so imo) but in light of the video, I do wish that Banks would do a ride along with a cop to help him grow in wisdom. Pruitt had no way of knowing what Banks had said in the video, but in hindsight, I hope the judge does suggest a ride along, not as punishment, but as a learning experience for Banks and to give him a better view from 10,000 feet perspective, to help him grow.

I believe his mind/beliefs might change, might not but don’t agree that some want him dismissed, he needs to grow in perspective.

If anyone here thinks this was the media being nosy then you really need to stop and look at how our program has been run the past couple decades.
Someone knew about this and someone wants Pruitt gone so they leaked it to the media.

Reactions: Orange Maniac
The internal punishment that he has already received I’m sure was more than sufficient and Pruitt just said he will play Saturday (and rightfully so imo) but in light of the video, I do wish that Banks would do a ride along with a cop to help him grow in wisdom. Pruitt had no way of knowing what Banks had said in the video, but in hindsight, I hope the judge does suggest a ride along, not as punishment, but as a learning experience for Banks and to give him a better view from 10,000 feet perspective, to help him grow.

I believe his mind/beliefs might change, might not but don’t agree that some want him dismissed, he needs to grow in perspective.
Good idea, IMO..

LOL
Kid should have been kicked off, but he won’t because Pruitt is from the Saban plantation. He won’t grow. He’ll learn, like we all know, that there is a different set of rules if you can’t tote the rock.

Wonder who wrote this, our SID? Sure as hell wasnt Banks, you can make book on that. And it’s “not who I am”?? The hell it ain’t, it’s exactly who he is

View attachment 228832

Sounds like he's really owning up to his mistake.

He's getting better and better at ILB. We need the juice this kid brings to the field!! 🔥

Reactions: butchna
LOL
Kid should have been kicked off, but he won’t because Pruitt is from the Saban plantation. He won’t grow. He’ll learn, like we all know, that there is a different set of rules if you can’t tote the rock.
Well he did get moved to LB because he can’t hold onto ‘the rock’. So there’s that.....

the fact that it took over an hour to get him to jail for a U-Turn/warrant didn't help the situation. Police seemed nice on surface but there was a hint of passive aggressiveness from them. Understandably since he was so mouthy.....

Keep in mind during this process the LEO allowed Banks to call Pruitt. Not sure if Pruitt called back but the LEO had a conversation with Pruitt. Let Banks contact his " homie" to come an retrieve the car, turns out his license was also suspended. So they waited for " homie" number two to retrieve the car who actually had a valid license. During this process Banks cursed, threatened the intern on at least two occasions " I'll see you around campus". Talked about hating cops, been dealing with cops all my life, shooting at cops, ( in the third party ) and asked the office " what would you be doing without that badge on.

If he had paid the original fine as Pruitt had him walked through this arrest would never have happened. But as we see in this video he thinks he's entitled, and obviously thinks he doesn't have to pay tickets.
Pruitt as we'll showing his ugly side with his comments.

Who thinks his actions are okay ? Who on this board reacts this way when you are stopped by police?

This coming on the heels of the Bryce Thompson ' I'll shoot up the campus" arrest.
It's a bad look and needs to be properly addressed. I thinks he needs to be gone or at a minimum suspended for the remainder of the year without football privileges. No dorm, no training table meals etc.

Im not saying the cops did anything wrong, but as a black man we are always gonna be defensive when we see a cop or get pulled over by one. I had plenty of bad of experience with law enforcement. Cops almost killed me in my own yard. I come out my house not knowing that police officers are walking in my yard at 1030 at night and 3 officers drew guns on me. One sudden movements by me and I can guarantee you I would have been dead in my own yard. The officers never made it known that they was patrolling my yard.

I understand. But none of that happened to him. Trust me he is getting his ass chewed from the team to momma.

VN Store

Back