Jeremy Banks needs to be dismissed

He made a mistake..... Not that its ok but I'm sure there will be some type of punishment... Kid shouldn't be dismissed and shows he turned to his coach who at a time of need trusted

Reactions: mercuryvol
I will give it to ya for the link, however where they have that listed is the old post office. Most of that area now, if not all of it is City of Memphis. And when that happened, the trash came with it

If you going to fuss with Google, I'm going to bed

He made a mistake..... Not that its ok but I'm sure there will be some type of punishment... Kid shouldn't be dismissed and shows he turned to his coach who at a time of need trusted
He turned to his coach to see if he could use his position to get him out of it....and the stupid coach tried " Why do you have to arrest him for a warrant." Then like most tough guys banks starts running his mount to cops once the cuff are on. Probably doesnt warrant dismissal but id like for UT players to have a bit more character than that.....especially when they are wrong to begin with....but then again, lack of discipline off this field is a good indicator of why they have lack of discipline in the field and failure to be accountable for your own actions.....

Im still curious who "we" is when he says "we shoot at cops where im from.

Reactions: GreyWolf1129
To the OP. Shut up. This new world where everything everyone says at every moment and then everyone overreacts and makes it out to be the equivalent of Hitler, Stalin, Caligula, etc is ridiculous. No one is perfect, if social media were around back when Peyton was here, his little ass bending over situation would have been all over the news. How many of you would have called for his immediate dismissal. I'm not saying they're the same thing, but they are both the actions of dumb young men. How many guys from this University are revered who have said and done so much worse that we don't know about from "back in the day"? Quit taking the bait of the news medias need to get advertising dollars through clicks and crazed emotional responses. You people are like rats with a piece of cheese in front of you, can't help but grab on and eat it, not seeing the trap swing over your head and splat. Gotcha.

If you going to fuss with Google, I'm going to bed

The Cordova section of Memphis is roughly from Kirby Whitten on the West to Houston Levee on the East. The northern border is Highway 64/Stage Road and Wolf River Blvd to the South. North of this border is Bartlett or Lakeland and south is Germantown and a bit of Collierville.

Reactions: ResQVOL
No, Banks showed his butt. You threw the first stone. And I agree about acting like responsible men...but you have to understand that Jeremy comes from a culture far different than the one we grew up in. This is not about holding on to a player because he might help win games; this is about taking the opportunity to change the mindset of a young man who grew up in an "us -vs- them" world. Kicking him off the team is all but guaranteeing that he will never change his mind...or his ways.

We have to try. Not just with Jeremy, but with all when circumstances permit.

This coming from a die-hard, full blown Constitutional conservative Christian. Albeit a very flawed one. And an LEO. I have no problem with "Actions have consequences", and Jeremy should stand and answer for his mistake(s). But let's let the measure of the punishment fit the measure of the crime, right?

Firm, fair, and impartial. I wonder if every other 19 year-old black male in Knoxville who got arrested in the last year for FTA on a traffic charge lost their best shot at a solid future? Anybody remember the media articles on all of those?

I'll hang up and listen.

Same here

A little kindness and understanding goes a long way. He might just find out that we aren't as big of a boogeyman as the media shows us to be

You sir, need soak your head in buttermilk. He threatened to shoot cops. Are you really serious?.

Think about it... he spoke to COPS in this way... how do you think he acts when no authority figures are around? lol at the people defending him. He said where im from WE shoot Cops. You all know what WE means right? He didn't say they. Obviously he's not shot at cops himself but to say that? Who are we kidding anyway... most all these D1 athletes are criminals with athletic ability. They are privileged beyond belief and get away with in some instances, literally murder.

Reactions: LookinUp
Unfortunately, that is the inner city culture these days which is why these kids are so far behind on wages, job opportunities, etc. That chip on their shoulder parlays into a huge self imposed earnings imploder.

These kids have been brainwashed since they were toddlers that cops are the bad guys.

Nothing short of the Military will help rewire most of them.

So sad because I will be dependent upon them to be successful to fund my Social Security!

Hell no he doesn’t need to be dismissed. Geeze. Bama doesn’t so much as suspend kids that are busted with stolen weapons and drugs and 3am. And when questioned saban gives an epic rant. And all the media applaud him for sticking up for the kids. Lol

Reactions: tnvols72
Lol “why do you have to arrest him just cause he’s got a warrant?” Because Bub it’s a warrant issued by a judge and the officer has no discretion. The officer can technically be held in contempt of court for ignoring it.

What he said was dumb, even calling his coach was even dumber, unless they’re instructed to do that.

What I want to know is, what jackass thought he just absolutely had to look into this and request the body cam footage.

Was there something fishy about the arrest that made this reporter look into it? Cause had this been some other college student I highly doubt he’d have looked into this.

Plus he doesn’t need to be booted, maybe a game suspension and some counseling and be done with it.

But this will be spun to make our program look worse, it’ll probably be on ESPN front page by tonight no later than tomorrow.

It’s fairly routine for news stations to FOIA weekly reports from police departments involving high profile arrests in an attempt to gather some juicy gossip. It’s how they make a living.

What garbage. Why was the friend checked for a license when he arrived?

Again, I really dislike cops. Just absolute fools.

The cops should be apologizing to Banks.

1. Pay your ticket or show up for court. Ignoring a court date is never a smart move.
2. Don't do stupid s**t late at night when you know the cops are prowling.
3. Square up, and man up. Your ticket, your no-show, your warrant, your arrest. Call Coach Pruitt from Booking. You look like a little girl when you ask if you can call your coach on the side of the road. You weren't getting out of it at that point.
4. So they "shoot at cops where you're from", do they? Take a lesson from the fact that most of those who have done so are either (a) decomposing, (b) serving a life sentence or (c) waiting on a date with an IV needle. You can go to the NFL, or you can go to the morgue before it's your time. Choose wisely...pick (d) None of the above.

Dismissed? Absolutely not. 19 year-old kid who apparently grew up in a tough part of town. He has big-time athletic talent, and a lot of growing up to do. Sending him back home under a cloud of shame won't do him, or the world, any good. If he's a thug, we'll see this again, and can deal with it then. For now, he's a young man who let his mouth get away from him. Treat it as such.

Maybe serving some community service with the PAL, if Knoxville has one, can help show him just how good he has it, and why it's not the cops fault if or when you screw up.

Go Vols. And Jeremy...get your act together.
I believe in Social Justice, and everyone that is upset about the way that certain segments of the country are treated should not be mocked. However, completely agree that the people that are shooting at police in Memphis are probably not going to die in a room surrounded by a loving family consisting of people contributing to a better society. He should be suspended. This is coming from a guy that has had a few run ins with the law when I was younger. We would say something like,"I bet you wouldn't be so tough without that gun and badge." They would usually have some help from their buddies, but still didn't work out great for me.

Very sad to read this but not ready to toss Banks over it. I believe that we have yet to see the best from this young man and to get there he needs people like Coach Pruitt around him.

I don't care what he says or does. We need good players. If he was a walk-on, maybe, but not our best players. It's all about winning.

VN Store

Back