Jeremy Banks is back on the team

Threatening police officers can be a felony as well. Are you saying one felony is worse than the other? Because I would much rather deal with the kid selling dope, then the kid telling police officers they would be shot where he was from.
Not a direct threat, therefore not a crime. It was just a statement what the mindset was where he grew up.

Last edited:
Based on what I read on another site, it said Banks isn't officially reinstated or on the official team roster yet?

No, any scholarship player that departs during the season still counts against the limit until the next semester. You could use that spot to award a walk-on for the rest of the academic year in January, but not before.

Also, a player cannot go from scholarship to walk-on without being dismissed from the program. It's a side effect of the rule in equivalency sports that the NCAA came up with that a player couldn't have their scholarship cut, which used to happen all the time in baseball. Banks would qualify because he was dismissed and was removed from the documentation that UT Compliance submits to the NCAA. Anyone else wouldn't.

Thank you for your informative response. It will be interesting to see how Pruitt handles this.

I said I'd be surprised if he made it through the season and I was. I was far from the only person that said that. He turned things around and that's a credit to him.
Hey! Like it would be for Banks!

SO..did Pruitt act to quickly? can Jordan come back? will discipline be handled according to the depth chart? do we forget about threatening and swinging at a female student for refusing him admission to a party? Nothing trumps winning at football.

Reactions: Franklin Pierce
The difference is, I've been supportive of Banks coming back. I've pointed out the reasons why it is a much more difficult and complicated road than people here have assumed.
Defensive response. Wouldn’t it be a “credit” to Banks?

Dude hasn’t played football in over a year. Don’t think he’ll be anywhere near starting unless absolutely necessary.
September 14 would be a year...about 2-3 months less time than anyone else with any experience.

Talking **** could've been a felony as well. One is just as serious as the other, although Pruitt wasn't on the phone when Jordan was being arrested talking to the cops about letting him go, and that they didn't have to deal with this bs in Tuscalooser either.
U are supposed to be able to say whateva u want in this country. It wasnt a threat ,it was more like informing and was a factual statement no matter how crude. Now had he said he contributes to that foolishness its a whole different ball game.

U are supposed to be able to say whateva u want in this country. It wasnt a threat ,it was more like informing and was a factual statement no matter how crude. Now had he said he contributes to that foolishness its a whole different ball game.
If that was a felony, there are multiple thousands being committed daily in these times.

No, any scholarship player that departs during the season still counts against the limit until the next semester. You could use that spot to award a walk-on for the rest of the academic year in January, but not before.

Also, a player cannot go from scholarship to walk-on without being dismissed from the program. It's a side effect of the rule in equivalency sports that the NCAA came up with that a player couldn't have their scholarship cut, which used to happen all the time in baseball. Banks would qualify because he was dismissed and was removed from the documentation that UT Compliance submits to the NCAA. Anyone else wouldn't.
I'm still curious, at what point was his scholarship officially taken away? Jennings didn't lose his when Hoke kicked him off, correct? How do we know CJP didn't give him a list of things to do in order to rejoin the team, similar to Jennings? And staying enrolled was one of these....i surely don't see Banks staying in school if he knew he had no chance to come back.....

There's some good news for Tennessee Vols' depth chart

Mathews says in this that he likely never had his scholarship pulled.

VN Store

Back