Jeremy Banks is back on the team

So we kick Jordan of the team with no chance to return for a half ounce of weed, and a legally owned gun in the car, but Banks ends up on TMZ talking **** to law enforcement and he is back the following year? One of these is not like the others.

He also had scales (resale) making it more serious than running your mouth.

I see a couple of terms on Defense I had not heard of before. “Buck” for Lb and “Money” at DB. What situations are they used for? I know “Star” is used when a 5th DB is on the field.
"Buck" is basically a situational pass rusher. They come in on known passing downs and play end in a 4 man front. "Money" is basically a 3rd saftey in the dime package.

So we kick Jordan of the team with no chance to return for a half ounce of weed, and a legally owned gun in the car, but Banks ends up on TMZ talking **** to law enforcement and he is back the following year? One of these is not like the others.
Yeah 1 was just talking **** and the other actually committed a crime in the state of Fla

He also had scales (resale) making it more serious than running your mouth.
Threatening police officers can be a felony as well. Are you saying one felony is worse than the other? Because I would much rather deal with the kid selling dope, then the kid telling police officers they would be shot where he was from.

Reactions: Franklin Pierce
Yeah 1 was just talking **** and the other actually committed a crime in the state of Fla
Talking **** could've been a felony as well. One is just as serious as the other, although Pruitt wasn't on the phone when Jordan was being arrested talking to the cops about letting him go, and that they didn't have to deal with this bs in Tuscalooser either.

Reactions: PlanetVolunteer
I see a couple of terms on Defense I had not heard of before. “Buck” for Lb and “Money” at DB. What situations are they used for? I know “Star” is used when a 5th DB is on the field.
Buck is the same as “Jack” LB in some systems - basically a hybrid DE/LB that lines up as the backside DE. Money is the 6th DB when we play Dime personnel.

Threatening police officers can be a felony as well. Are you saying one felony is worse than the other? Because I would much rather deal with the kid selling dope, then the kid telling police officers they would be shot where he was from.
Was he charged with a felony? No? Then there wasn’t a felony. One felony is always worse than someone running their mouth.

Talking **** could've been a felony as well. One is just as serious as the other, although Pruitt wasn't on the phone when Jordan was being arrested talking to the cops about letting him go, and that they didn't have to deal with this bs in Tuscalooser either.
Not so sure about that. People have shot their mouths off at me plenty of times, I was lucky to escape without a scratch. A gun ( esp if loaded) is an entirely different story. Either way it;s a dead horse. I don't care if he is on the team or not, not my call. I would have tx to avoid all the scrutiny. Plus the other arrest videos were not sold to the media ( probably professionals involved), so we don't really know what was said during those. Would kinda like to hear the one from the DB that clocked the Officer I bet that was real cordial . Either way bigger fish to fry, don't ya think?

Agree with this.

Do you think there may have been some "if you do this, then this other can happen for you"?
Maybe but atleast 80% or more would have said F it and transferred he has just kept going to school and that was before covid19. I wish he could be a running back if he will just learn to not fumble . I loved how he ran hard and played he didn't seem like a show boat.

Reactions: orangebloodgmc
I thought Jordan’s felony was for concealing a firearm without a concealed carry license/permit.

What happened?
When Justin Martin first arrived on campus, he got kicked out of one of the practices. Deer said he’d be gone before the end of the season. Said it with insider voice...it was an opinion. Like this one. 😎

Reactions: ACvol3
Not sure where you're getting your info, but Pruitt is very high on Banks at LB.
He might know a thing or two about defensive players?🤓

There's alot of folks that still love to hate Banks. The same people hated Bryce Thompson until he came back and played lights out. They'll be forced to cheer for Banks again when he, HT, BT, and Crouch are all starting on one of the best defenses in the country next season.

Last edited:

I don’t know if Banks was even charged and he did not threaten them directly. Saying you would rather deal with an armed drug dealer is just stupid. The whole point of your post was apparently to give your opinion. Oh and by the way, yes, Banks’ transgression is/was way below the level of Jordan’s. There are different penalties for felonies and selling drugs while armed is a serious charge.

When Justin Martin first arrived on campus, he got kicked out of one of the practices. Deer said he’d be gone before the end of the season. Said it with insider voice...it was an opinion. Like this one. 😎

I said I'd be surprised if he made it through the season and I was. I was far from the only person that said that. He turned things around and that's a credit to him.

Reactions: bigdan
Can the scholarship problem work itself out as the season progresses? Let's say we get 7 guys including Banks to be preferred walk-ons then we lose 2 in August, 2 in September, and 3 in October. Can those scholarships be given to the PWOs? If so, are they prorated or full semester scholarships?

No, any scholarship player that departs during the season still counts against the limit until the next semester. You could use that spot to award a walk-on for the rest of the academic year in January, but not before.

Also, a player cannot go from scholarship to walk-on without being dismissed from the program. It's a side effect of the rule in equivalency sports that the NCAA came up with that a player couldn't have their scholarship cut, which used to happen all the time in baseball. Banks would qualify because he was dismissed and was removed from the documentation that UT Compliance submits to the NCAA. Anyone else wouldn't.

I said I'd be surprised if he made it through the season and I was. I was far from the only person that said that. He turned things around and that's a credit to him.
And he almost quit in the middle of a team meeting in summer camp. Idiotic post

VN Store

Back