Jeopardy

What is the point of these celebrity hosts? Shouldn't they be auditioning people that might actually be the next host? I wouldn't mind Jennings or the guy that followed him

I think a brilliant part of this is providing a cushion between AT and the new permanent host. If they made a quick hire, it'd be a hard ask of the audience to buy stock in him right way and it's possible it could be a disaster trying to make that call too quick. Do this musical chairs host thing for a couple years and then it doesn't even feel like the permanent host is succeeding Trebek.

Reactions: RDU VOL#14
Anderson Cooper does a very nice job of hosting.

Can’t believe I’m saying something good about that pos.

Who is this Ryan Bilger doucher and why should I hate him? The internet tells me I’m supposed to.

Finished up the Tournament of Champions yesterday off my DVR and I gotta say Buzzy Cohen is my new #1 to be the new host.

He has a clear voice that is understandable and he's to the point.

Reactions: TrumpedUpVol
I put about 10 minutes of thought into this and came up with Lavar Burton as my favorite and it took them over a year to come up with a controversial nobody (#metoo stuff resurfacing). Now they got woke people mad at them and they're probably going to end up with anti-woke people mad about the Bialik appeasement. They're freaking idiots.

'Jeopardy!' producer Mike Richards named permanent host; role for Mayim Bialik

I put about 10 minutes of thought into this and came up with Lavar Burton as my favorite and it took them over a year to come up with a controversial nobody (#metoo stuff resurfacing). Now they got woke people mad at them and they're probably going to end up with anti-woke people mad about the Bialik appeasement. They're freaking idiots.

Try to play to everybody and you lose more people. They should have made their choice, not answered any backlash, and gone on about their business

Try to play to everybody and you lose more people. They should have made their choice, not answered any backlash, and gone on about their business

They should make a good choice in the first place. I would argue that this is the kind of gig where you should be able to find somebody who plays to everybody.

A producer who has had multiple harassment suits is just a completely tone deaf choice.

Reactions: Toujours Pret

I have no problem with the picks although I actually liked Bialik the most she had clear and understandable voice.

I refused to watch the lefty news people they had but did anyone actually think most of the guest hosts would give up their day jobs to become a game show host?

I have no problem with the picks although I actually liked Bialik the most she had clear and understandable voice.

I refused to watch the lefty news people they had but did anyone actually think most of the guest hosts would give up their day jobs to become a game show host?

Game show host is like the best job in Hollywood, actually. If you want to be an artist or a journalist, then the Jeopardy gig is not for you. If you want to have immense fame, steady and reliable pay in huge sums, a reasonable and regular work schedule, a life outside of work, interact daily with regular people instead of just show biz people, etc. then it's amazing. They don't even film 50 days a year.

Game show host is like the best job in Hollywood, actually. If you want to be an artist or a journalist, then the Jeopardy gig is not for you. If you want to have immense fame, steady and reliable pay in huge sums, a reasonable and regular work schedule, a life outside of work, interact daily with regular people instead of just show biz people, etc. then it's amazing. They don't even film 50 days a year.
“Pay in huge sums” - jeopardy host doesn’t do much but read the questions. How much could they possibly earn per show unless it’s their own show or something.

VN Store

Back