Jeopardy

This guy James has changed the game forever. He's become much watch TV for me.

I watch it every night. This guy is unbelievable. Professional Sports Gambler.

This is how I envision Ken Jennings getting ready for tournament of champions every day...
7BDB0A00-B471-4F49-B33D-A9EFDC0B3320.gif

Reactions: TC 83
@n_huffhines Austin was definitely one of my favorite contestants, like you said Buzzy is a bit annoying. Colby always kind of weirded me out with his expressions .

Last edited:
Reactions: vollygirl
@n_huffhines Austin was definitely one of my favorite contestants, like you said Buzzy is a bit annoying. Colby always kind of weirded me out with his expressions .

All of this ^ but I actually like Buzzy and Colby. Buzzy is a lot cooler than you would initially judge him to be and Colby is that rare cocky, awkward nerd. He cracks me up.

My favorite player is probably Roger Craig, because dude went for it in the decades tournament. He knew he was outclassed by Ken and Brad, so he just played super aggressive and was doing well, but lost everything on a Daily Double. It was a great performance for a huge underdog.

Unusually closer game tonight. James didn't get either DD in the second round though.

Unusually closer game tonight. James didn't get either DD in the second round though.

The woman who was on there drive me crazy. She was kind of crazy and borderline reckless the way she was waving the clicker around .
70106106-BBFE-465B-8E42-F5CECC64960F.gif

Do they film one a day? Just wondering if mental fatigue plays a role. I’m sure it’s tough to keep it going but don’t know if grinding a few a day is worse than one a day for a month. Still impressive

They do a week of shows on a single day. Probably good for someone like him. When he starts heating up and is on his game he can get rolling for awhile.

whiner

https://www.washingtonpost.com/opin...2NMtIC-Q&noredirect=on&utm_term=.cfcd2f8231b2

James Holzhauer is a menace to ‘Jeopardy!’

The White House correspondents’ dinner April 28 lacked in provocative humor and star power. (Taylor Turner/The Washington Post)

By Charles Lane
Opinion writer
April 29 at 6:26 PM
Night after night for more than two weeks, “Jeopardy!” champion James Holzhauer has crushed two opponents on the venerable game show like a pair of bugs. By the time you read this, his streak may have ended, but it doesn’t seem likely: As of Monday, he had won 18 games in a row, amassing more than $1.3 million , including the top five one-day scores in “Jeopardy!” history.
To the multitudes who have rooted Holzhauer on, I have just one question: Do you not see that this guy is a menace?
The only thing more troubling, as a commentary on American culture, than his grinning, relentless march to victory — regardless of when, or if, it ends — is that millions celebrate it.
People seem not to care that Holzhauer’s streak reflects the same grim, data-driven approach to competition that has spoiled (among other sports) baseball, where it has given us the “shift,” “wins above replacement,” “swing trajectories” and other statistically valid but unholy innovations.

Wow, let’s hate on winners and blame the rich. Yup right up there for the post

He's good for Jeopardy because I/we want to see how far he goes, but of all the Jeopardy stars, he's got one of the most boring personalities. His grin looks so forced and he's a little arrogant in obnoxious ways. He's just not that likable, despite probably being a really nice guy. I'm not rooting for him or against him.

Jeopardy purists were making these same complaints about board hopping with an Asian kid from a couple years back. I can't remember his name. Turns out Brad and Ken used the strategy too, they're just likable so nobody cared.

Update

Arthur Chu - Wikipedia

Reactions: RDU VOL#14
He's good for Jeopardy because I/we want to see how far he goes, but of all the Jeopardy stars, he's got one of the most boring personalities. His grin looks so forced and he's a little arrogant in obnoxious ways. He's just not that likable, despite probably being a really nice guy. I'm not rooting for him or against him.
I don't watch Jeopardy but thought I'd let yall know, if you cared, that Ken Jennings was on the Ron Funches podcast today.

Reactions: n_huffhines
whiner

https://www.washingtonpost.com/opin...2NMtIC-Q&noredirect=on&utm_term=.cfcd2f8231b2

James Holzhauer is a menace to ‘Jeopardy!’

The White House correspondents’ dinner April 28 lacked in provocative humor and star power. (Taylor Turner/The Washington Post)

By Charles Lane
Opinion writer
April 29 at 6:26 PM
Night after night for more than two weeks, “Jeopardy!” champion James Holzhauer has crushed two opponents on the venerable game show like a pair of bugs. By the time you read this, his streak may have ended, but it doesn’t seem likely: As of Monday, he had won 18 games in a row, amassing more than $1.3 million , including the top five one-day scores in “Jeopardy!” history.
To the multitudes who have rooted Holzhauer on, I have just one question: Do you not see that this guy is a menace?
The only thing more troubling, as a commentary on American culture, than his grinning, relentless march to victory — regardless of when, or if, it ends — is that millions celebrate it.
People seem not to care that Holzhauer’s streak reflects the same grim, data-driven approach to competition that has spoiled (among other sports) baseball, where it has given us the “shift,” “wins above replacement,” “swing trajectories” and other statistically valid but unholy innovations.

Maybe Alex should just give all three contestants a participation trophy and split the money evenly.

Give me a dang break. More people are probably watching the show now than any time in the past five years. We record and watch every night to see James.

If you want to be the best, you've got to beat the best!

VN Store

Back