Jeopardy

“Pay in huge sums” - jeopardy host doesn’t do much but read the questions. How much could they possibly earn per show unless it’s their own show or something.

Because they overpay. I get why you'd have to pay Aaron Rodgers in year 1 or any host in year 10, but I don't get why they'd pay this new guy anything significant in year 1 but they will.

No wonder so many in the entertainment industry think so highly of themselves as their compensation is totally out of line with their contributions.

Trebek was worth every penny. I seriously doubt anybody in the history of entertainment has had as much fame as AT and held a 100% approval rating that spanned 4 freaking decades.

lol all these posts about who people want(ed) s as Trebek’s replacement. Now posts about the host not being important. Funny

They got Richards on his 2014 podcast referring to his female employees as sluts. Also used slurs against the disabled and little people. This dude ain't gonna last.

Reactions: BigOrangeMojo
But how many years did it take before they got that? Trebek, Vanna & Pat Sajac have been on for close to 35- 40 years.

They didn't make that kind of money until the last 10-15 years.

I think the point was there is some stupid money to be had out there for these positions. Would I expect newcomers to match that out of the gate? Of course not. Is the pay scale already set high for the tent pole jobs? Yep.

Mike Richards after an exhaustive candidate search:
rRxjLnSJTUYm35Y7xpyppev5eqcV3EfmERem58PuiKI.jpg

It's also funny how, evidently, a sexist misogynist anti-Semite (in their view) can't be the host, but can still be the executive producer of the show.
Exactly. Right after Trebek passed away he was the face of Jeopardy who came on talking about his friend and remembering his career. Now all of a sudden his comments from some years back matter ? Not buying it.

Exactly. Right after Trebek passed away he was the face of Jeopardy who came on talking about his friend and remembering his career. Now all of a sudden his comments from some years back matter ? Not buying it.
The most interesting part of these "let's go back and find old comments/tweets/etc" stories, of course, is who went back and dug up the dirt and passed it off to someone in the media. That's never discussed.

The dirt was always just "discovered" or "resurfaced" (that's what's really funny - lots of times the dirt was known about already, but it just gets brought up again, and that's enough). He made these comments on a podcast, so they were public and people knew, but nobody cared until he became the host.

Not buying what? This dude has had multpile harassment suits plus these comments. Jeopardy host needs to be squeaky clean. The suits were enough to make him the wrong choice

Not buying what? This dude has had multpile harassment suits plus these comments. Jeopardy host needs to be squeaky clean. The suits were enough to make him the wrong choice
I just read that he made comments in the articles posted today. I didn’t see that he had multiple harassment suits against him.

It's been hard for me to watch since Alex Trebek passed away, but I caught an episode that Burton hosted. Honestly, I wasn't impressed. Seemed stiff to me. Not sure why there's such an uproar over people wanting him to get the job?

Maybe I just expect too much?

It's like going from John Ward to Bob Kesling.

It's been hard for me to watch since Alex Trebek passed away, but I caught an episode that Burton hosted. Honestly, I wasn't impressed. Seemed stiff to me. Not sure why there's such an uproar over people wanting him to get the job?

Maybe I just expect too much?

It's like going from John Ward to Bob Kesling.

I'm the same way. It got too hard to watch when he started looking bad and I quit until his final episode, then I don't think I've watched a single guest host episode all the way through. I will go back, but I wasn't going to do it with Richards.

I'm the same way. It got too hard to watch when he started looking bad and I quit until his final episode, then I don't think I've watched a single guest host episode all the way through. I will go back, but I wasn't going to do it with Richards.
I don't quite understand how they picked the guest hosts. The picks seemed random and kind of all over the place to me. For example, David Faber is a very well-respected financial journalist on CNBC who I watch basically every morning, but Jeopardy host? He actually seemed to do a good job, but just a random pick it seemed like.

VN Store

Back