Jaylen McCollough arrested

If he felt his life was in danger absolutely. But you can’t run outside and then use deadly force on someone leaving when you don’t like what they say

What if a former cop chased down a black kid with a gun and shot the kid? I seem to remember you saying that was ok? I may be wrong.

Bray was charged. I mean, he beaned someone's car with a bottle. I think he settled by agreeing to pay for damages. Not sure on this, it has been a long time. But I'm pretty sure the police charged him.

I must have been overseas during the Cooter incident. I honestly don't even remember him playing for the Vols (though of course I know his name).
He entered a stranger woman's apartment, took his clothes off, and climbed into bed with her.

Reactions: 82_VOL_83
Except it's not.
Ok, we can agree to disagree. I can tell you that my conversation was with a man who very much understands the climate amongst athletes. I try to put my own presumptions aside when discussing sensitive issues like this.

I am confident that, in the end, details will be known and we can probably settle this argument. I just hope that JM isn't negatively affected (like AJ was) for something that was not actually a crime.

Reactions: titansvolsfaninga
This needs to be moved to the politics forum. Isn't there a cop bashing thread over there? Literally EVERY time one of our players gets arrested, this same crap happens. 50 pages of bleeding heart liberals crying about how crooked and unethical every cop in America is. Can we please move it so I don't have to look at this disgusting thread every time I'm in the FOOTBALL forum?

I’m the farthest thing from a liberal, but I know there’s a police problem in this country.

I was discussing the situation this morning with my barber and tried to think about what he had to say with an open mind. He is very well acquainted with many of our athletes (as well as others around the country and at the pro level). It's obviously impossible for me to fully "see" a scenario like this from the perspective of a black male (including JM).

Point is: if a drunk idiot enters my house and I end up (only) knocking out a tooth and causing some superficial injury like a cut head, and that guy then goes to the police, there's no way in hell I'm getting arrested. There is definitely a discrepancy with how our players, esp those of color, are handled in Knoxville. And I don't think it's necessarily like that everywhere.
You don't know the details of the story. It's impossible for you to make any assumptions on what he did or didn't do. Or what was justified.

Ok, we can agree to disagree. I can tell you that my conversation was with a man who very much understands the climate amongst athletes.

No, no, this is my bad. I didn't factor in that you had a conversation with your barber that also cuts hair for some of the players. This clearly gives you better insight into what happened in the hallway you weren't present at and immediately assign blame to the only person who has given an account of the incident. The "drunkass" as I believe you called him who is "lucky to be alive" and should have "just learned his lesson" and walked away without complaint after his "superficial injuries" that left him unconscious in a stairwell with multiple cracked teeth.

This is all completely reasonable stuff.

Reactions: CrazyUncleVol
If you’ve been in the military, you can understand why they don’t say anything. That doesn’t make it right but I understand.

I've been in the military. I grew up in a military family, living on military bases, and went to a DoDDS high school. In fact, I'm forth generation military.

And no, I can assure you it doesn't make me understand that.

Last edited:
I try to put my own presumptions aside when discussing sensitive issues like this.

Try harder.

Point is: if a drunk idiot enters my house and I end up (only) knocking out a tooth and causing some superficial injury like a cut head, and that guy then goes to the police, there's no way in hell I'm getting arrested. There is definitely a discrepancy with how our players, esp those of color, are handled in Knoxville. And I don't think it's necessarily like that everywhere.

The craziest part of this story is that the police went and arrested a guy for punching a drunkass in the face after he had barged into his private residence. The idiot should have learned his lesson and paid the dentist for his lapse in judgment, then perhaps quit drinking or go to rehab.

I'll add this: if JM was a white rich kid in a bougie condo and had punched a drunk black guy for home intrusion, you would have never heard a thing about the story.

I was discussing the situation this morning with my barber and tried to think about what he had to say with an open mind. He is very well acquainted with many of our athletes (as well as others around the country and at the pro level). It's obviously impossible for me to fully "see" a scenario like this from the perspective of a black male (including JM).

This had nothing to do with race. It just didn’t

Again you have zero clue what happened outside of the drunk guy’s report. Idk about the last part for the most part the thieves I’ve met have been liars as well. Entirely possible the guy was looking for an open door to steal some stuff and got his ass beat. Only thing we can all agree on is he picked the wrong apartment and McCullough beat his ass. While we’re playing out scenarios a lot of ppl that know McCullough say this was out of character. I guess we’re still supposed to believe some random drunk guy.

I love the dichotomy of you telling me I have zero clue what happened (no **** - I've said that myself) immediately followed by your baseless and illogical speculation of random thievery and insinuation that his police statement shouldn't be believed.

VN Store

Back