Jaylen McCollough arrested

You know your story, know what happened in it. We have the victims account of what happened but do not know what actually occurred. If this guy didn’t knock was in the apartment looking to steal something does your opinion change? If the guy just busted in drunk, confused, etc does it change things? Hell any number of things could’ve provoked a violent response. Fact is if someone invades your house you’re not worried about football or what if this or that, you’re concerned with making sure you’re not in danger and resolving the situation if you feel you are.

Now I’m not saying any of the above went down either, entirely possible the guy went in the apartment drunk, guarantee you McCullough bare minimum thought he was up to no good and followed him out, words were exchanged that definitely didn’t help things, then the guy was punched in the face. That is the victim statement which likely leaves out plenty of details.

It's quite humorous to hear the spin football fans put on incidents such as this when a football player is involved--a starter, before a big game. A guy who's been drinking, apparently, and mistakenly walks into the wrong apartment suddenly becomes....an "INVADER"!! EEEK. Possible Murderer! Maybe he was going to kidnap our starting safety--and this potential major crime was stopped by the would-be victim punching out the malicious home invader/kidnapper before he killed everyone inside! More seriously, efforts will probably be made by the football program--with possible help from helpful local police--to downgrade the offense, and that's fine. Major college football programs have been doing that for decades. But blaming the victim is generally not cool.

Dumbest thing I've ever read. And that's saying a lot on this site.
If you don’t think cops are trained to catch you slipping then I have ocean front property in Cumberland county to sell you. I’m not anti cop. I work with law enforcement in my career. I just know not to talk to cops.

I hope he was faster than that
Heh, you're the third person to say that.

That's how fast a drunk guy would walk away, not how fast JM could close with him.

But it turns out the drunk guy way overestimated distances. From the door of the apartment to the top of the stairs on that breezeway landing is probably more like 8' to 10'. Not 30'. So it all quite possibly happened even faster than that. In seconds.

Heh, you're the third person to say that.

That's how fast a drunk guy would walk away, not how fast JM could close with him.

But it turns out the drunk guy way overestimated distances. From the door of the apartment to the top of the stairs on that breezeway landing is probably more like 8' to 10'. Not 30'. So it all quite possibly happened even faster than that. In seconds.

Sure are a lot of people not wanting to jump to conclusions that know w/absolute certainty that the other kid was hammered.

We haven’t even heard both sides of the story yet. This dude was drunk and stumbling into random apartments.. are we really taking his word as the gospel? Wait until ALL the facts come out before you just throw one of our guys under the bus. This drunk dude may have provoked him. He may have said a lot more than just “stop being a d**k”. Drunk people tend to get aggressive and escalate things more quickly. He may have thrown the first punch. And obviously he’s not going to tell the police that he started it. His side of the story is going to be that he was just an innocent victim who made an honest mistake and got beat up for it… I HIGHLY doubt that’s the case. There is more to this story that we’re not hearing.
Ummhmm.. I worked in behavioral health, that’s what substance abusers do, they are never at fault, ever, in their eyes lol (edit: unless actively seeking recovery).. Both sides need to be heard on this one

Sure are a lot of people not wanting to jump to conclusions that know w/absolute certainty that the other kid was hammered.
Well, you know, getting off the elevator at the wrong floor of a hotel is entirely understandable.

Getting the entire wrong BUILDING in an apartment complex screams significantly louder of some type of mental impairment. Drunk, high, pick your poison.

That part about the wrong building? That came from the fella himself.

Cops don’t sit around and think up ways to screw you over. They’re trained to. It’s not anti-cop rhetoric. It’s the truth.
I don’t think they try to screw you over, but sometimes their report skills do suck.. I read our minor traffic accident report when we had an accident and it was not even remotely what had happened or even what we had even said.. my husband and I read it and were like ‘you’ve got to be sh!tting me’ 😂 and I love the police.. but sometimes the reports are not the greatest.. it’s best not to talk.. nurses we can give some just the facts ma’am reports because every word is a potentially picked apart lawsuit.. again, not malicious, but there wasn’t anything we could do about an inaccurate account

Last edited:
Yup. Pretty embarrassing they are still used at all.
Not accurate, but can be useful if the person taking the test thinks it’s accurate. I’ve seen a number of people confess to crimes after being told they failed the test. They fess up when they think they’re busted. I’ve also seen people pass a test who were clearly lying.

If you don’t think cops are trained to catch you slipping then I have ocean front property in Cumberland county to sell you. I’m not anti cop. I work with law enforcement in my career. I just know not to talk to cops.
My guess is you're a defense attorney. Explains all I need to know about you.

Probably old news, but I didn’t see it on the last few pages: McCollough was listed as starter on the depth chart for Alabama provided by 247. Is that official?

I mean he obviously was impaired enough to go to the Wrong BUILDING. Seems pretty hammered to me.
Yep, I have a glass of wine or two, I’m not going to the wrong house 😂 I will go to sleep on the couch, though..Disorientation? that’s pretty drunk or on something else? Maybe not, I’m just jaded lol

It's quite humorous to hear the spin football fans put on incidents such as this when a football player is involved--a starter, before a big game. A guy who's been drinking, apparently, and mistakenly walks into the wrong apartment suddenly becomes....an "INVADER"!! EEEK. Possible Murderer! Maybe he was going to kidnap our starting safety--and this potential major crime was stopped by the would-be victim punching out the malicious home invader/kidnapper before he killed everyone inside! More seriously, efforts will probably be made by the football program--with possible help from helpful local police--to downgrade the offense, and that's fine. Major college football programs have been doing that for decades. But blaming the victim is generally not cool.
The irony.

Yeah let’s paint the “victim” as entirely innocent, and the football player entirely as a thug. I’m not assuming anything sir, you are. I’m just saying the “victim’s” story doesn’t really add up.

It's entirely possible the dude is a serial killer looking to harvest random organs and sell them on the dark web to Chinese billionaires. But it's not very plausible and there's no proof of it. Kind of like what you wrote above.

And no, even in your concocted scenario, you still don't have the legal right to knock a guy down a flight of stairs for that.
Really? Thanks for clearing that up there? Didn’t realize you couldn’t throw someone down a flight of steps. Glad you added the organ harvester scenario, I’ve been rolling that one over in my mind. Pretty sure it’s also possible he’s a Bama secret agent as well.

Reactions: vols40
what is this "if he doesn't play?" there is no way Heupel can let him play at this point, unless the guy that called the police says he got drunk and fell down those stairs on his own, then he cannot play until this is cleared up. TN is not FL from the 90's where Spurrier could make things go away for TN week, there is just too much visibility these days.

Reactions: supersmo18 and sami

VN Store

Back