James Franklin (Penn St)

89 VOLS grad

I know James Franklin has been mentioned several times over the years. I haven't seen him mentioned in several months. I hope the mods don't merge this thread. I believe it is different from anything posted in a long time.

It looks like CPJ is gone. UT needs to pay James Franklin's 5 million dollar buy out and $7 million a year to bring him back to the SEC. They man
moved mountains at Vandy. Many of his losses at Vandy to SEC were by 2 TDs or less. Yes, there were a few blowouts. But, the man lead Vandy to a lot of quality SEC wins with mainly 2-3 star players playing. Vandy went 5-3 and 4-4 his last two years of SEC PLAY playing in mainly hostile environments where home games aren't even home games 80% of the time. Yes, Franklin lead VU to 5-3 in only his second year with much less talent than other SEC teams!!! UT has only had two 5-3 seasons the last 13 years and hasn't went 6-2 in the SEC since 2007!!! Even the great Kiffin that so many of you want didn't go 5-3 his lone year at UT. Yes, the roster was sort of bare when Kiffin arrived. Do you think it was less talented than Franklin's in only his second year at Vandy???

You give Franklin a roster full of 4-5 star recruits playing in front of 75,000 to 95,000 of UT fans and watch UT kick some tail!!! Franklin also landed a lot of top recruits at Vandy his last two years. FRANKLIN is a PROVEN SEC COACH and PROVEN SEC RECRUITER with NO BAGGAGE and a 5 million buyout, possibly 4 million now that it is 2021!!!

James Franklin's new contract details released

James Franklin (American football coach) - Wikipedia

Look at his team's RESULTS at Vandy with much less talent than his opponents! As I said, the guy moved mountains. Think about what he could do with 4-5 star roster in front of 75,000-90,000 HOME CROWD with PROVEN OC like Chaney and a PROVEN DC like Bob Shoop or some other TOP NOTCH PROVEN DC!!! It is definitely a recipe for success in the SEC!!!!!

2011 Vanderbilt Commodores football team - Wikipedia

2012 Vanderbilt Commodores football team - Wikipedia

2013 Vanderbilt Commodores football team - Wikipedia

Look at how Vandy in recruiting before and during Franklin's time there:

(51st) YEAR BEFORE Franklin, 2010 Football Team Rankings

(49th) 1st year, 2011 Football Team Rankings

(46th) 2nd yr, 2012 Football Team Rankings

(26th) 3rd yr, 2013 Football Team Rankings

Franklin improved recuiting by 5 spots his first two years and 25 spots his last full year of recruiting. What do you think he could do at UT? If he only improved UT 5 spots over what UT is now and DEVELOPED and COACHED UP the players at UT like he did at VU and has at PSU, UT would probably be a JUGGERNAUT!!!

I know James Franklin has been mentioned several times over the years. I haven't seen him mentioned in several months. I hope the mods don't merge this thread. I believe it is different from anything posted in a long time.

It looks like CPJ is gone. UT needs to pay James Franklin's 5 million dollar buy out and $7 million a year to bring him back to the SEC. They man
moved mountains at Vandy. Many of his losses at Vandy to SEC were by 2 TDs or less. Yes, there were a few blowouts. But, the man lead Vandy to a lot of quality SEC wins with mainly 2-3 star players playing. Vandy went 5-3 and 4-4 his last two years of SEC PLAY playing in mainly hostile environments where home games aren't even home games 80% of the time. Yes, Franklin lead VU to 5-3 in only his second year with much less talent than other SEC teams!!! UT has only had two 5-3 seasons the last 13 years and hasn't went 6-2 in the SEC since 2007!!! Even the great Kiffin that so many of you want didn't go 5-3 his lone year at UT. Yes, the roster was sort of bare when Kiffin arrived. Do you think it was less talented than Franklin's in only his second year at Vandy???

You give Franklin a roster full of 4-5 star recruits playing in front of 75,000 to 95,000 of UT fans and watch UT kick some tail!!! Franklin also landed a lot of top recruits at Vandy his last two years. FRANKLIN is a PROVEN SEC COACH and PROVEN SEC RECRUITER with NO BAGGAGE and a 5 million buyout, possibly 4 million now that it is 2021!!!

Look at his team's RESULTS at Vandy with much less talent than his opponents! As I said, the guy moved mountains. Think about what he could do with 4-5 star roster in front of 75,000-90,000 HOME CROWD with PROVEN OC like Chaney and a PROVEN DC like Bob Shoop or some other TOP NOTCH PROVEN DC!!! It is definitely a recipe for success in the SEC!!!!!

Franklin improved recuiting by 5 spots his first two years and 25 spots his last full year of recruiting. What do you think he could do at UT? If he only improved UT 5 spots over what UT is now and DEVELOPED and COACHED UP the players at UT like he did at VU and has at PSU, UT would probably be a JUGGERNAUT!!!

I'm not a fan of the guy but he can coach. If he does nothing but stop the bleeding and stabilize the program until we find someone else I could support it.

I don't want that asshat coaching Tennessee ever!

angry-gif.gif

ms-JDj8gM.gif

Add’em to the list. Guys I’m starting to think a list of guys we don’t want would be shorter than of the guys that we do.

You do some ACTUAL RESEARCH FOR AN HOUR and post ONE that is MORE PROVEN than Franklin as a successful winner and recruiter that is or was at a Power 5 school besides pipe dreams like FREEZE, MEYER, and STOOPS before bashing someone that put a lot of time into an IDEAL CANDIDATE. Fickle, Campbell, and MANY OTHER very successful coaches in the Power 5 HAVEN'T DONE IT IN THE SEC!!! THE SEC is A BEAST FROM and WILL EAT UP AND SPIT OUT the BEST BEST COACHES. ONLY THE TOP 5% STAY IN THE SEC FOR MORE THAN 4-5 YEARS!!! Franklin would still be doing well and taking his team to bowls every year had he stayed! That is saying something for a Vandy coach in the SEC!!!!

Why on earth would he leave there.......just to enter this mess?

It’s going to have to be someone not currently coaching, or who isn’t currently a head coach or who is at a much lesser program.

I didn't say he would. I said he is probably the best candidate out there that ISN'T A PIPE DREAM. Well, maybe he is. But, I think he is much less of a pipe dream than Freeze, Meyer, Stoops, and probably a few more. Plus, Fickle, Campbell, and MANY OTHERS MENTIONED haven't proved ANYTHING IN THE SEC, FRANKLIN HAS!!!

Didn't he have some questionable dealings with his football players that raped someone? As in advising them to not talk/cooperate with the police? I may be remembering wrong, but there was something about him involving that situation.

You do some ACTUAL RESEARCH FOR AN HOUR and post ONE that is MORE PROVEN than Franklin as a successful winner and recruiter that is or was at a Power 5 school besides pipe dreams like FREEZE, MEYER, and STOOPS before bashing someone that put a lot of time into an IDEAL CANDIDATE. Fickle, Campbell, and MANY OTHER very successful coaches in the Power 5 HAVEN'T DONE IT IN THE SEC!!! THE SEC is A BEAST FROM and WILL EAT UP AND SPIT OUT the BEST BEST COACHES. ONLY THE TOP 5% STAY IN THE SEC FOR MORE THAN 4-5 YEARS!!! Franklin would still be doing well and taking his team to bowls every year had he stayed! That is saying something for a Vandy coach in the SEC!!!!
And he also tried his best to cover up those rapes that his players at Vanderbilt committed.

I didn't say he would. I said he is probably the best candidate out there that ISN'T A PIPE DREAM. Well, maybe he is. But, I think he is much less of a pipe dream than Freeze, Meyer, Stoops, and probably a few more. Plus, Fickle, Campbell, and MANY OTHERS MENTIONED haven't proved ANYTHING IN THE SEC, FRANKLIN HAS!!!

I hear ya, but Bozo will be announced as Tennessee’s next HC, unfortunately

Reactions: 89 VOLS grad

VN Store

Back