Jalin Hyatt - WTH?

Good thing Hyatt missed the orange bowl to get ready for the draft. On a serious note, I honestly think he got bad advice about coming out early. I think another year to grow physically and to show he has the ability to make contested catches would have helped him. Also to make YAC. He will struggle in the NFL imo to get off the line of scrimmage. He didn’t do good at TN when he was pressed.

Anybody know the NCAA rules? If Hyatt does not get drafted can he get another year at UT since he would be a senior this year.

He will get drafted. I'm betting 3rd Round, 4th at the very worst. But no he cannot come back. He needed to stay and have 1 more good season.

Reactions: MeanOrange
Good thing Hyatt missed the orange bowl to get ready for the draft. On a serious note, I honestly think he got bad advice about coming out early. I think another year to grow physically and to show he has the ability to make contested catches would have helped him. Also to make YAC. He will struggle in the NFL imo to get off the line of scrimmage. He didn’t do good at TN when he was pressed.
I think if Hendon had comeback for another season he might’ve decided to return. A lot of times when a QB change happens the wideout is concerned he won’t have the same #s and will lose stock.

Reactions: TheVolsFrog
Yeah… don’t know how much would have changed. Some guys can put people in a blender off the LOS and some can’t.. it can be coached to a degree but also some people just have it. Like accuracy for a QB. Also, ties into Yac for a smaller guy. If your hips/feet aren’t quick enough to get off the LOS then you probably also struggle to break down an LB in space.

Reactions: Lurker
Very nice unemotional take on Great all time Vol WR.

Pickens was a complete package and if memory serves he also played on D early on. He was fun to watch. Just think of the talent with him and Dale Carter. Those were two fun guys to watch.
Had a pick in the end zone against Arkansas in the Cotton Bowl. I’m surprised I haven’t heard Alvin Harpers name yet in this conversation. Anthony Miller played 10 years in the NFL. Jaylin was a good WR here and the Bama game is legendary but he doesn’t deserve a mention when talking about the best ever at UT.

A lot of Jalin's big plays came with defenses being confused and dazed by our scheme. I mean a LOT. When you put on the tape you see speed, good hands (minus the weird 2 v Mixz). But there are a ton of things like contested catches, breaking tackles, press coverage strength and skill, downfield blocking aggression, and elite moves w ball in hands, that would make me wonder. Our scheme is responsible for a lot of opportunity. And I'm stoked about that.

If I'm being honest, I'd draft Tillman before Hyatt. Where's the angst over him not being selected yet?

If they are both still on the board, I prefer the Titans take Tillman. Just see him as more durable over the next 4-5 years.....even though he had several injuries at UTK.

Yes! I did not understand that decision at all. Think he is faster than he ran at combine.
If he really had a bad hammy, if healthy like he said he should have ran. I think he is faster than 4.4 but he should have proven that

Looks to be a poor decision thus far.

That’s a tough choice for me. But I can say see tillman being more of a complete receiver.
If Tillman doesn’t have an ankle injury and even matched 2021 performance he’s one of the 1st wrs taken. That ankle injury messed up his whole 2022. Even when he came back he was still feelings the effects.

VN Store

Back