Jalin Hyatt - WTH?

Putting your 3rd db on Hyatt would get coaches fired. Put on the Bama game tape and tell me any of those TDs were on 3rd dbs. It's a stupid theory when you consider Tillman was basically out all year. Sc put their best guy on him all night. GA too. Hyatt has some wiggle and his routes are solid for the most part. Sure he needs to continue to work on routes and hands. But to say a guy who caught 15 tds and over 1k receiving had teams third best db is beyond absurd
So why did he free fall to the 73rd pick? Besides, the nickel covers the slot. The nickel is usually not as good as the 1 and 2 CBS. The scheme took complete advantage of that. Let me guess. You thought he would go in the first round? I didn't.

Last edited:
Reactions: vols40
Tillman could be good in the NFL as a possession receiver if he has enough quicks/speed to get some separation and can be another J. Jennings. Jennings is a possession receiver similar to Tillman--decent but not great speed, just resigned with the 49ers, but only on a one-year deal. The 49ers clearly like his toughness, his good hands, his strong blocking--it's also clear that the team doesn't view him as indispensable.

Our big offensive problem against Georgia is that our receivers could not get any separation. They locked us down.

I agree to a point but Hooker had some misses vs UGA when they did get open. I agree UGA, with crowd noise and our OL having to go off silent count messed with Hooker pressure wise and wide Receiver timing, Kudos to their fans. Ringo was IMO the best we faced or did the best job on our WRs of any we faced.

I started a thread a couple of months ago. Hyatt isn’t and NFL ready receiver. I got hammered by several on here. Seems like NFL scouts agreed with me. He needs another year to get bigger and stronger.

If he would have stayed and put on 15lbs he might have been a 1st rounder next year. Now he needs to hope he can make it through his rookie contract without getting hurt.

I started a thread a couple of months ago. Hyatt isn’t and NFL ready receiver. I got hammered by several on here. Seems like NFL scouts agreed with me. He needs another year to get bigger and stronger.

If he would have stayed and put on 15lbs he might have been a 1st rounder next year. Now he needs to hope he can make it through his rookie contract without getting hurt.

Ummm he just got drafted, meaning you're wrong and NFL scouts don't agree with you, the Giants GM said if Schoen had been gone at 57, they were going to take Hyatt then, but he wasn't and they are desperate for a center. As it was, they wanted him bad enough to trade up to draft him. Hyatt is about to make around 6-7 million dollars and begin his professional career. The first three rounds are all considered high draft picks and around 71 percent of picks from those rounds end up with an NFL career. There's little chance where Hyatt comes back for another year and magically gains 15 pounds at this point in his career. He's not going to suddenly become 6'3 either, which was his biggest detraction.

Reactions: butchna
Honestly I am not surprised at all

Agreed. Look how many Heisman winners panned in the pros? Bilitnekoff award means Hyatt did great in his last year in college. It in no way, shape or form says he will do well in the pros.

That’s a joke. The best WR in the nation is being disrespected. Hyatt is better than anyone besides maybe Njigba.
Seriously, he's not the best WR in the nation and he's definitely not being disrespected. He's talented and fast, but he's pretty lean and doesn't show or hasn't shown much wiggle at all. He's living a dream and I wish him all the best, but he's stepping into a different level of physical and mental ability.

Reactions: greenbacknative
So why did he free fall to the 73rd pick? Besides, the nickel covers the slot. The nickel is usually not as good as the 1 and 2 CBS. The scheme took complete advantage of that. Let me guess. You thought he would go in the first round? I didn't.
I dont really give af what you think. Not now and not ever instead of supporting the kid and wanting him to be a 1st rd guy theres always a stick with some of you. You call yourselves fans and then use everything in your arsenal to down play and the I told you so. Fk off

I dont really give af what you think. Not now and not ever instead of supporting the kid and wanting him to be a 1st rd guy theres always a stick with some of you. You call yourselves fans and then use everything in your arsenal to down play and the I told you so. Fk off
Are you always this angry? Or is it just when people disagree with you? Have a snickers

LOL! The truth hurts, doesn't it? The difference between you and me, sir, is I'm a realist. I don't blindly follow anyone or anything. Obviously, the NFL agreed with my analysis. If they had agreed with you, he wouldn't have been the 5 or 6 WR taken.

The nickel is a full time and vital position in both college and the NFL. Bears drafted two corners so they could play last year's starter exclusively covering the slot. Lot of salty prospects projected in the first two rounds lasted way past Jaylin, and note the Giants MOVED UP to get him. Daboll must value his potential and there are rumors he knows what a real offense looks like.

Reactions: orangebloodgmc
LOL! The truth hurts, doesn't it? The difference between you and me, sir, is I'm a realist. I don't blindly follow anyone or anything. Obviously, the NFL agreed with my analysis. If they had agreed with you, he wouldn't have been the 5 or 6 WR taken.
So you did an "analysis" did ya? Why you wasting your talents slumming on a message board? ;)

Reactions: feathersax
Are you always this angry? Or is it just when people disagree with you? Have a snickers
Do you always interject ? Was I talking to you at all ? Mind ya business. But I will reply anyway, it happens to much on this site. Hyatt is one of the key pieces that made this team 11-2. There is no reason at all to continue this conversation. Yes would have loved for him to be a 1st round pick. There are several 1st round players who are complete head scratchers AR 15 being the biggest. The biggest reason I would have liked Hyatt to be selected is because it helps recruiting and the kid played his ass off last season. I just don't agree with the I told you so crowd. Anyway I will not respond again in this thread have a nice day

Ummm he just got drafted, meaning you're wrong and NFL scouts don't agree with you, the Giants GM said if Schoen had been gone at 57, they were going to take Hyatt then, but he wasn't and they are desperate for a center. As it was, they wanted him bad enough to trade up to draft him. Hyatt is about to make around 6-7 million dollars and begin his professional career. The first three rounds are all considered high draft picks and around 71 percent of picks from those rounds end up with an NFL career. There's little chance where Hyatt comes back for another year and magically gains 15 pounds at this point in his career. He's not going to suddenly become 6'3 either, which was his biggest detraction.

Hyatt is going to get a little over a million guaranteed. He could have gotten that NIL. If he gets hurt he’s done there’s no guarantee he will make more same as college.
So he would make the same money with no guarantee either NFL or college. If he came back and had another great year and got bigger and stronger he might have made it to the 1st round next year and he is going to get over 10 million guaranteed. If he didn’t think he was going in the first or High second round he would have been back. Would have been paid either way with a chance to get even bigger contract.
DAFE5BB6-509A-42D7-8DA0-AE78169EDD94.jpegDFB08D1F-DBBA-4F0F-9420-9E97ED14A5DD.jpegE9BCADD8-3C0E-46B4-9490-1D18CE2D7441.jpegDAFE5BB6-509A-42D7-8DA0-AE78169EDD94.jpegDFB08D1F-DBBA-4F0F-9420-9E97ED14A5DD.jpegE9BCADD8-3C0E-46B4-9490-1D18CE2D7441.jpeg

VN Store

Back