Jaden Rashada sues Florida for reneging on $13 mil NIL

Yet Florida STILL lives rent free in Tennessee Football's Brains...since 1990...
The funny thing is that Tennessee lives rent free in Florida fans’ brains.. after the success Florida has had, it’s wild as hell that we’re a daily topic on every Florida fan message board in existence. Lol.

Didn’t he have a CONTRACT with Miami?
He had an NIL contract with their big donor who, guess what, threatened to sue him to get about 100k back from him.

I believe FL's donors coughed up that money to get him to leave Miami.

That, of course, is fine with everyone. If the donor wants to sue for HIS LOSS, but God Forbid the kid sue because he lost out on the Miami money because FL lied to him.

What is wrong with you people?

If your kid was promised 9.5M to do a job, then got a better offer for 13M, then they couldn't pay him........ you'd think your kid is the bad guy for suing the people who ACTUALLY cost him millions by lying to him about their offer?

How can he be the bad guy in your eyes? FL lured him away from Miami with lies about paying him more.

What if it was you? What if another company offered you 1/3rd more money so you took that job instead of another job, then you find out they can't really pay you? What would you do?
Contracts fall apart all the time. You learn better who to trust next time. If it wasn’t in writing, witnessed, notarized etc, it’s harder to uphold

He's riding the pine at Az St. Something may change of course, but that $14 million may be more money than he makes the rest of his life

Given the situation I would be trying to get every dime promised to me. Put yourself in that situation and I'm sure you would also.
I wouldn’t put myself in that situation. That’s the point. Money that’s too good to be true probably is.

Contracts fall apart all the time. You learn better who to trust next time. If it wasn’t in writing, witnessed, notarized etc, it’s harder to uphold
You actually believe that FL didn't try to lure him away with the promise of more money? You know they did.

That "contract that fell through" cost him about 9.5M dollars.

Someone is and should br liable for his loss. It's just that simple.

Trying to make him out to be a bad guy or litigious in this situation is ridiculous. He got screwed out of millions of dollars by FL.

What would you do?

Reactions: S.C. OrangeMan
He had an NIL contract with their big donor who, guess what, threatened to sue him to get about 100k back from him.

I believe FL's donors coughed up that money to get him to leave Miami.

That, of course, is fine with everyone. If the donor wants to sue for HIS LOSS, but God Forbid the kid sue because he lost out on the Miami money because FL lied to him.
So he’s suing the party that “forced” him to RENEGE on an AGREEMENT? Life lesson in there, somewhere.

So he’s suing the party that “forced” him to RENEGE on an AGREEMENT? Life lesson in there, somewhere.
He's suing the people who lied to him to offer him more money to get him to leave his current job.

Yeah, there's a life lesson there but there's also civil damages there. He got screwed out of a 9.5M "sure thing" at Miami because FL lied to him.

If that happened in your business life, you'd sue too.

There's also zero chance FL doesn't settle this.

Given that NIL negotiations with their donor group and Rashada were legal, there's almost certainly emails between them. There's almost certainly email available via discovery between Napier and the donor, if not Napier and Rashada, concerning NIL. FL wants no part of this. They know what they did, I'm sure.

You actually believe that FL didn't try to lure him away with the promise of more money? You know they did.

That "contract that fell through" cost him about 9.5M dollars.

Someone is and should br liable for his loss. It's just that simple.

Trying to make him out to be a bad guy or litigious in this situation is ridiculous. He got screwed out of millions of dollars by FL.

What would you do?
Personally? I would have abided by my original agreement…word is my bond shizz. Chasing more dollars by whelching on agreed upon terms may not make you “a bad guy” but it eliminates sympathy from a great many observers when it ends up costing you. He HAD the money ready to be collected and scampered elsewhere for MORE. Cry me a river. 🥲 Not a fan of any of the parties involved in this matter, but the innocent young tyke and his family make me grateful that Heupel focused on a standup brood like Nico and his family.

He's suing the people who lied to him to offer him more money to get him to leave his current job.

Yeah, there's a life lesson there but there's also civil damages there. He got screwed out of a 9.5M "sure thing" at Miami because FL lied to him.

If that happened in your business life, you'd sue too.

There's also zero chance FL doesn't settle this.

Given that NIL negotiations with their donor group and Rashada were legal, there's almost certainly emails between them. There's almost certainly email available via discovery between Napier and the donor, if not Napier and Rashada, concerning NIL. FL wants no part of this. They know what they did, I'm sure.
He didn’t have a JOB…he had an agreement. He reneged. Guarantee texts and email from Miami would show the integrity of the aggrieved party. He had money and he threw it out the window for some magic beans.

He didn’t have a JOB…he had an agreement. He reneged. Guarantee texts and email from Miami would show the integrity of the aggrieved party. He had money and he threw it out the window for some magic beans.
So it that what you'd call it if someone offered you more money and you made financial moves in that direction, then it turns out they lied to you about their ability to deliver?

Why is it that you find it hard to accept he got lied to and, yes, he made decisions that were financially bad for him based upon lies he was told?

It's 9.5M dollars. It's not play money. They lied to him and changed his life. Of course there's liability.

So it that what you'd call it if someone offered you more money and you made financial moves in that direction, then it turns out they lied to you about their ability to deliver?

Why is it that you find it hard to accept he got lied to and, yes, he made decisions that were financially bad for him based upon lies he was told?

It's 9.5M dollars. It's not play money. They lied to him and changed his life. Of course there's liability.
He reneged on an agreement that would have netted him that amount. There’s a quotient of LYING on his part. No sympathy.

He reneged on an agreement that would have netted him that amount. There’s a quotient of LYING on his part. No sympathy.
Would you be lying if you took a job, then took an advance, then got a better offer and took it and paid back your advance?

Like it or not, this is free agency and a job market now. It is what it is.

I saw Saban talking about "tampering" with a player that had committed elsewhere, trying to get him to Bama. It caused no stir because every school is doing it. That's the game now. It is what it is.

Lying, however, to get someone to make a poor financial decision remains a civil matter that FL will lose. It cost him 9.5M dollars BECAUSE they lied about their offer.

Would you be lying if you took a job, then took an advance, then got a better offer and took it and paid back your advance?

Like it or not, this is free agency and a job market now. It is what it is.

I saw Saban talking about "tampering" with a player that had committed elsewhere, trying to get him to Bama. It caused no stir because every school is doing it. That's the game now. It is what it is.

Lying, however, to get someone to make a poor financial decision remains a civil matter that FL will lose. It cost him 9.5M dollars BECAUSE they lied about their offer.
Miami let him off easy for his fraud and Florida’s collective paid back the advance for him. Won’t happen but I’d love for Florida’s responsible party to get fined for that amount but the money should go to charity. Greedy dude and his greedy family shouldn’t profit from their money wrangling.

Reactions: tbh and swampfoxfan
Miami let him off easy for his fraud and Florida’s collective paid back the advance for him. Won’t happen but I’d love for Florida’s responsible party to get fined for that amount but the money should go to charity. Greedy dude and his greedy family shouldn’t profit from their money wrangling.
I can accept you see that way, and that's fine.

FL still will settle and he'll win. Lying to people to lead them to make multi-million dollar mistakes is still essentially fraud.

By your logic, everyone who invested with some crook like Madoff was just "greedy" and deserved to be taken.

Maybe you've never had an athletic skill worth millions that you need to maximize when you're young and can't see Rashada's perspective. He needs to strike while the iron is hot.

I can accept you see that way, and that's fine.

FL still will settle and he'll win. Lying to people to lead them to make multi-million dollar mistakes is still essentially fraud.

By your logic, everyone who invested with some crook like Madoff was just "greedy" and deserved to be taken.

Maybe you've never had an athletic skill worth millions that you need to maximize when you're young and can't see Rashada's perspective. He needs to strike while the iron is hot.
I’m sure he’ll get paid…just to get it settled. His true VALUE has manifested itself in the embers. No way he DESERVES more than what Nico honorably negotiated for himself and will receive by not jumping at the next $2 million dollar up-offer. Nico’s a better talent and a more honorable person. I read your “maximize” point in the same vein as Jamarcus Russell. Get PAID before they realize you ain’t worth it. 😏

And bringing MADOFF as an analogy is a fail. Bernie took their ACTUAL money and lost it. Rashada and his family left millions behind and abandoned an agreement in an attempt to net $2 million more. Lack of integrity cost them.

I’m sure he’ll get paid…just to get it settled. His true VALUE has manifested itself in the embers. No way he DESERVES more than what Nico honorably negotiated for himself and will receive by not jumping at the next $2 million dollar up-offer. Nico’s a better talent and a more honorable person. I read your “maximize” point in the same vein as Jamarcus Russell. Get PAID before they realize you ain’t worth it. 😏

And bringing MADOFF as an analogy is a fail. Bernie took their ACTUAL money and lost it. Rashada and his family left millions behind and abandoned an agreement in an attempt to net $2 million more. Lack of integrity cost them.
Like politics, it's not a test of integrity.

A man's personal integrity has nothing to do with his ability to lead a nation OR play athletics.

BOTH chase the ring, the ultimate payday, with abandon.

He's not living his life nor his chosen career to be "an ethical model for you" but a freaking athlete.

Like politics, it's not a test of integrity.

A man's personal integrity has nothing to do with his ability to lead a nation OR play athletics.

BOTH chase the ring, the ultimate payday, with abandon.

He's not living his life nor his chosen career to be "an ethical model for you" but a freaking athlete.
You’re as good as your word…his is worthless.

Reactions: swampfoxfan
I think technically he's only suing for the $1m signing fee, which would be valid. He did sign. UF will settle. Surprised Georgia took him. Can't imagine they offered him millions at this point. It's a system. The system is rudderless and unregulated. I don't think that's good for the Universities or the athletes. It's professional sport at this point and unsustainable in the long run. Players should be paid on their value but donors will not endlessly cough up the amount of millions they are now every year.

You’re as good as your word…his is worthless.
He's an athlete and a young man, not a priest nor full grown.

Most athletes, even a lot of 5* "sure thing" prospects never sniff $13M, nor get offered a fast $6M bump in pay. If you're not taking the short, best money in college, you're not very bright.

Integrity is obviously overrated in full grown, quite esteemed adults. I cut teenagers a lot more slack.

Most athletes, even a lot of 5* "sure thing" prospects never sniff $13M, nor get offered a fast $6M bump in pay. If you're not taking the short, best money in college, you're not very bright.

Integrity is obviously overrated in full grown, quite esteemed adults. I cut teenagers a lot more slack.
There it is!

Good for you! You don’t speak for ME! Takes a GENIUS to dump $9.5 million out the window to chase $2 million more by breaking an agreement and ending up with NOTHING. I can certainly see why a wizened middle aged man like yourself has cartoon hearts above his head in admiration of that methodology. Just a shame he’ll never know the windmills you jousted in said support or requite your crush. 😏

What is wrong with you people?

If your kid was promised 9.5M to do a job, then got a better offer for 13M, then they couldn't pay him........ you'd think your kid is the bad guy for suing the people who ACTUALLY cost him millions by lying to him about their offer?

How can he be the bad guy in your eyes? FL lured him away from Miami with lies about paying him more.

What if it was you? What if another company offered you 1/3rd more money so you took that job instead of another job, then you find out they can't really pay you? What would you do?
Wait? You mean some shady boosters weren't on the level? This is the world people wanted. The 9.5 million dollar deal probably wasn't real either. Caveat emptor, bitchez.

Pearl clutchers, unite!

Every other college student can go to another school every year. They can work and go to school. If they developed a software company with millions, while enrolled, that's heralded.

Heaven forbid someone with athletic talents use those talents to be paid fair market value.

Everyone recognizes the reality of the situation and that there is nothing wrong with the players maximizing their income from it. No one is saying they shouldn't be allowed to do so.

But that doesn't mean we can't also recognize that it destroys a significant aspect of being a fan and viewing yourself as part of a collective effort to win which used to include the idea that the players who want to your school had some sort of investment in it other than simply what was in it for them.

And if you think UF stands alone in screwing one of these up you're dreaming. Careful when you make too much fun of UF over it when you know there are players who will claim they were promised x, and got y.

Everyone recognizes the reality of the situation and that there is nothing wrong with the players maximizing their income from it. No one is saying they shouldn't be allowed to do so.

But that doesn't mean we can't also recognize that it destroys a significant aspect of being a fan and viewing yourself as part of a collective effort to win which used to include the idea that the players who want to your school had some sort of investment in it other than simply what was in it for them.
It's surprisingly naive for a cynic like you to hold to the idea that players went to a school for reasons other than what was in it for them.

The players have more freedom and more potential in this new system. Good for them.

VN Store

Back