Jacob Eason Transferring?

Amazed at some of the cfb ignorant people. Eason is NEVER coming to utjr because Kirby will not allow him to transfer within the SEC. Good Lord people.............:banghead2:

Kirby can't stop any of his players from going to another school any more than Pruitt, Saban, Meyer, or other Division 1 cfb coach. Technically, a player can quit one program, enroll in another school and walk on to the football program if they were not recruited previously by the school they are transferring to.

Not sure why he would come to TN. Not sure if he could enroll in TN and become a PWO for 2018, since he has to sit a year, most likely. Either way seems like he'd back out west somewhere. Wash or Wash St. seem like good fits.

Reactions: 1 person
Kiffin getting talent down there would be scary! Look what he did year one! They would definitely be fun to watch!

Kiffin was the best coach in crappy conference. People are breathing too much into Kiffin. He beat zero teams that were actually any good and got throttled by Navy who finished 6-6.

The kid had a very good freshman year and was injured early this year. Not sure why people are down on him. Fromm has done well but Eason is at a different level talent wise. Tennessee actually would be a good fit for him now. But as of now he’s a dawg

He's a troll. NO Vol fan would say that.

Give him the ban hammer.

When you suffer through what we have suffered through since Coach Fulmer was fired we have become jr. Look what Texas did today in recruiting......#3. We suck and we are utjr. I DGAS what your opinion is, we are a terrible football program. Today UGA just pulled away so far from us that we cannot see their tail lights anymore to comment on how bright they are. Deal with it. :hmm:

When you suffer through what we have suffered through since Coach Fulmer was fired we have become jr. Look what Texas did today in recruiting......#3. We suck and we are utjr. I DGAS what your opinion is, we are a terrible football program. Today UGA just pulled away so far from us that we cannot see their tail lights anymore to comment on how bright they are. Deal with it. :hmm:

Texas has been a dump of a program for the last few years as well.

Reactions: 1 person
I may have this very wrong, but from my understanding of the rule, you can’t transfer to another sec school underscholarship. He can choose to come to Tennessee and pay for his 1st year. His parents are in a good financial situation to do so from what I’ve read.

My 2 cents...

If I were Eason, I'd explore all angles to transfer, he's likely wasting his talent riding the bench. Personally, if Eason was 100% healthy, I'd put Eason slightly in front of Fromm. It's a close call either way.

I respect Eason's loyalty, but it's 'personal' business, Eason needs to do what's best for him. Get a great education elsewhere, get a couple of years playing time elsewhere in a quality pro-style team setup... and maybe get a chance to play on Sunday's.

I'm friends with a former UGA player from way back, he told me after spring practice Fromm would be the guy. His leadership skills are what set him apart. With Fields coming in there is no way Eason stays. Now what should be looked into is how much did he play after he came back? He probably would have been wise to have not played and taken a redshirt year.

Kirby can't stop any of his players from going to another school any more than Pruitt, Saban, Meyer, or other Division 1 cfb coach. Technically, a player can quit one program, enroll in another school and walk on to the football program if they were not recruited previously by the school they are transferring to.

Technically correct. As such, if UT did not recruit him, and he left UGA, he could enroll at UT (or any FBS that did not recruit him), pay his own way for 1 year and immediately walk on to the football team. And even start immediately. He could not accept a scholarship until his second year at said school. I'm pretty sure that is what Mayfield did, but not 100% sure.

i.e. Baker Mayfield

What did tx do LY in recruiting? That's a more fair comparison. We will kill it next year. we just went historic 0-fer in sec and in two weeks on job have gone out and brought in good talent. With competence (Pruitt is at least that), UT sells itself.

Josh Dobbs says hi.

Josh Dobbs called me and said he had to run for his life and if he had more time his passing game would have been much better. I will give you he was a great escape artist. Do you know if we can find another escape artist? Far and few between. He did lose to a Vandy and Kentucky. Simply need a great OL.

Amazed at some of the cfb ignorant people. Eason is NEVER coming to utjr because Kirby will not allow him to transfer within the SEC. Good Lord people.............:banghead2:

Looks like someone dusted off the old troll account. Try harder.

Josh Dobbs called me and said he had to run for his life and if he had more time his passing game would have been much better. I will give you he was a great escape artist. Do you know if we can find another escape artist? Far and few between. He did lose to a Vandy and Kentucky. Simply need a great OL.
Dobbs didn't loose to Kentucky! G is this amateur hour?

Technically correct. As such, if UT did not recruit him, and he left UGA, he could enroll at UT (or any FBS that did not recruit him), pay his own way for 1 year and immediately walk on to the football team. And even start immediately. He could not accept a scholarship until his second year at said school. I'm pretty sure that is what Mayfield did, but not 100% sure.
This should happen. This would be best for Eason.

Ncaa should allow schools to pay buyouts to other schools for player's like they do for coach's all the time that walk away from their commitments for another job.

VN Store

Back