Jack Jancek Not Mentioned

I read the entire thread, also see post #61, so nice/condescending, saying “it was, likely, the only in-game TD he’ll score in Neyland.”
Yeah, I said that because it is likely the only in-game TD he'll score in Neyland. 🤷‍♂️ I ALSO mentioned that it was a great catch and that he should enjoy and treasure that moment until he's old.

NEVER did I say he wouldn't "amount to anything" and he's ALREADY amounted to more than most by making the Vols team as a walk on.

I said, and I believe, he likely knows he's not going to get ink and recognition. Answer me this, did you know who he was before Saturday?

I have read two Volquest write ups that list out the wr units post O&W game and neither had mentioned Jancek’s performance. Are the other publications leaving him out as well? What gives?
If he can’t replicate what he done in the orange white game against teams like UF, UGA or even USCe he will get plenty of respect.

Reactions: vegasvolfan
Gonna be the next Jeff S. "Not even gonna attempt to spell his last name" The wide out for Notre Dame years ago. You heard it here first. Take it to the bank!

Reactions: feathersax
Answer me this, did you know who he was before Saturday?
You didn't ask me, but I did!

Haha.

I actually asked, in another thread a month or two back, whether this Jack Jancek on the roster was the son of our former DC. Then did a little research and verified, yep he is!

Jack Jancek, #22, walk-on wide receiver ... anyone know if that's another of coach John Jancek's sons?

I know one of his sons was on the team while he was coaching here under Butch Jones. Is this another?

So I knew he was on the team, and was looking forward to seeing if he would play a role. :)

Lol

Just how many white guys over the last 35 years were great SEC WR ? One maybe two ?
I'm talking 1st,2nd or 3rd team all sec ?
Who said he’d be all SEC? IIR he was not the first read on either play, he was the #2 or 3 option, ran an outstanding route, and caught the ball..,. Over the last 5 years that type effort could have resulted an 4-6 more wins...when the opponents only need to cover 1 or 2 guys the secondary always wins

Reactions: Volfaninfl2
I have read two Volquest write ups that list out the wr units post O&W game and neither had mentioned Jancek’s performance. Are the other publications leaving him out as well? What gives?
Well, 1. he just doesn't move well "in space". 2. he is white 3. he was not recruited 4. his family has not given the school $1,000,000+ 5. that makes him just flat a.. out of luck, I guess.

I live in Atlanta now, and yes, California is a dysfunctional hell hole. That said, you are bringing in a lot of outside frustration into a area where it doesn’t belong.

The Knoxville media isn’t the NYT, Washington Post, CNN, et al. They don’t claim to be and should never be misconstrued as such. They are mostly fans trying to scratch out a living reporting on the team. The lack of emphasis on Jancek isn’t some conspiracy to hurt the kid. He isn’t a factor on this team, period. Yes, even after his scrimmage performance.

Does that change down the road? Maybe, but doubtful. And other than a couple of you posters that have an odd need for him to be “acknowledged”, none of their consumers are clamoring for analysis of this kid.

Yes, the national media is a biased disgrace, but let’s not stuff a square peg into a round hole that the local sports reporters are somehow also a part of the politicization of the media.
The KNS couldn’t find the space to provide a roster or a box score from the baseball game yet gave plenty or space for the body cameras that came off in a tussle -I think it’s a 1.5 person sports department that despises UT

Their job is to project what the spring game means for each position group. If they wrote that Jack Jancek had played himself into a role in the fall, they would be lying to you.

He had a great spring game, good for him. But if he plays a meaningful snap in the fall, then the receiver group is in deep, deep trouble.

Their job is to project what the spring game means for each position group. If they wrote that Jack Jancek had played himself into a role in the fall, they would be lying to you.

He had a great spring game, good for him. But if he plays a meaningful snap in the fall, then the receiver group is in deep, deep trouble.
This^

It could happen...
21f23630-a653-47e9-a710-495270ce17b6_1024.jpg

There's a built in bias against white athletes in football it seems to me and it's been there for many,many decades.

Reactions: walkenvol

VN Store

Back