It's OFFICIAL... Tennessee is loaded for 2009/10

I don't buy this whole Kentucky hype. Patterson is soft, Meeks might not be back (even if he does he's overrated), and who knows if Wall will be the next Rose, I doubt it.

All we need is a couple of three point threats to open up the paint, then Tyler, Chism, and JP will look way better. As I said in the other thread, Hopson might take that freshman to sophomore leap, the other threats, who knows, hopefully someone will step up.

I see Tennessee in the 15-20 range, and Kentucky in the 10-15 range. So anything can happen in my mind.

Patterson is soft??? Patterson will destroy anyone we put against him-Tyler, Wayne, or Williams. No contest.

Meeks is overrated? Maybe, maybe not, but I wouldn't take shots at someone that hung 54 on us in Knoxville.

Patterson is soft??? Patterson will destroy anyone we put against him-Tyler, Wayne, or Williams. No contest.

Meeks is overrated? Maybe, maybe not, but I wouldn't take shots at someone that hung 54 on us in Knoxville.

Patterson won't dominate Wayne or Brian.
Posted via VolNation Mobile

It is a bit premature. But of course, if you didn't see a down year coming this past season (as I did) I guess I could see how it would be terribly shocking.

The biggest problem I saw, point guard not withstanding, was lack of improvement in the halfcourt O and on D, and I just don't see that getting any better under Bruce and the nimrods he calls assistants.

I know this. It was a potshot at the direction of the basketball program under Bruce Pearl.

Yeah, Pearl has done anything incredibly outstanding, but to talk trash about the direction he is taking is ridiculous..

Who's to say he doesn't have us back in the spotlight light he did two years ago.. How would you know?

And what has he done to prove he won't..

Main thing about hatvol, is he is extremely knowledgable about the basketball program therefore allowing him to make his comments and his judgements..

Your negative coments are getting old..

Unless you have something worth reading to add, just read and scroll like most..

With Tyler announcing he's coming back, the additional year of experience for Hopson, Negedu, Woolridge, Maze, and the new additions of Hall, Goins and McBee, Tennessee looks to be a strong choice for SEC Champs.

If we can get our PG issue under control.... look out!

Tyler returning certainly helps our team. But the PG situation is still the elephant lingering in the room.

So yes, one of the top teams "talent wise" in NCAA history. Only 3 teams in NCAA history have had 5 players taken in the draft in the same year. Kansas in '08, Florida in '07, UConn in '06. There have never been more than 4 players from the same team taken in the first round. (Duke 1999, UNC 2005 and UConn 2006). UK has 4 draft locks on next year's roster and potentially 4 1st round picks. If so, only 3 teams in NCAA history would be AS talented. I'm talking raw talent.

Your friend is getting a little carried away. It's not even the most talented roster in Kentucky's history...the 96 'Cats would punish the 09-10 team.

The biggest problem I saw, point guard not withstanding, was lack of improvement in the halfcourt O and on D, and I just don't see that getting any better under Bruce and the nimrods he calls assistants.

I'm not sure they will... they were pretty awful last year. But coaches do change on occasion.

You suggesting I'm not very knowledgable about the basketball program?

1. You need to check out Fox's toe thumb.

2. You haven't built up the credibility hat, BPV or others have. Relax and figure the place out first. At this point you are one of the more annoying people on here.

Your friend is getting a little carried away. It's not even the most talented roster in Kentucky's history...the 96 'Cats would punish the 09-10 team.

His argument is directed at talent, not end product. And I actually think it is reasonable.

It's easy to say that now, though. You are comparing NBA, or former for that matter, players to kids fresh out of high school.

It was easy to say it when they were in college too. It's not as if their success was a surprise...everybody knew that roster was loaded before they started the season.

VN Store

Back