It's OFFICIAL... Tennessee is loaded for 2009/10

UT's#1Fan

Senior Executive Member
With Tyler announcing he's coming back, the additional year of experience for Hopson, Negedu, Woolridge, Maze, and the new additions of Hall, Goins and McBee, Tennessee looks to be a strong choice for SEC Champs.

If we can get our PG issue under control.... look out!

oh, didn't you hear? Kentucky has the best team on the planet. We have to wait until they all go to the NBA or Cal gets locked up by the NCAA.

With Tyler announcing he's coming back, the additional year of experience for Hopson, Negedu, Woolridge, Maze, and the new additions of Hall, Goins and McBee, Tennessee looks to be a strong choice for SEC Champs.

If we can get our PG issue under control.... look out!
Kentucky.

admittedly im a UT football fan but a Duke basketball fan, so im not too familiar with UT basketball. correct me if im wrong, didnt UT beat memphis two years ago when he was coaching there? and last year, UT only lost to memphis by 2 points? why is it hard to believe that UT cant beat Kentucky? really, im not being a smart ass, i just want to know...

admittedly im a UT football fan but a Duke basketball fan, so im not too familiar with UT basketball. correct me if im wrong, didnt UT beat memphis two years ago when he was coaching there? and last year, UT only lost to memphis by 2 points? why is it hard to believe that UT cant beat Kentucky? really, im not being a smart ass, i just want to know...

Same thing I've been saying to my friends...the idea of these people is that he will build even stronger teams at the MECCA UK.

I don't see us as being loaded by any stretch of the imagination. Are we better with Tyler? Yes. Even with a point guard I'm not sure this team would a sweet 16 team.

my sarcasm wasn't thick enough. i think TN can beat UK this year. it will be harder than the past few years but it can be done and the news today will make it a little easier.

I don't buy this whole Kentucky hype. Patterson is soft, Meeks might not be back (even if he does he's overrated), and who knows if Wall will be the next Rose, I doubt it.

All we need is a couple of three point threats to open up the paint, then Tyler, Chism, and JP will look way better. As I said in the other thread, Hopson might take that freshman to sophomore leap, the other threats, who knows, hopefully someone will step up.

I see Tennessee in the 15-20 range, and Kentucky in the 10-15 range. So anything can happen in my mind.

I don't buy this whole Kentucky hype. Patterson is soft, Meeks might not be back (even if he does he's overrated), and who knows if Wall will be the next Rose, I doubt it.

All we need is a couple of three point threats to open up the paint, then Tyler, Chism, and JP will look way better. As I said in the other thread, Hopson might take that freshman to sophomore leap, the other threats, who knows, hopefully someone will step up.

I see Tennessee in the 15-20 range, and Kentucky in the 10-15 range. So anything can happen in my mind.

You obviously weren't there when he hung 54 on us.

An old buddy of mine from KY named his recent newborn son "Jodie."

It honestly felt like a dig on me.

Email I received today from a UK fan:

So here's what I'm basing my seemingly outlandish statement on (UK's Team will be top 5 talent wise in NCAA history):

Four potential first round draft picks:

John Wall - would have been top 2-5 pick in this year's NBA draft according to most scouts and next's years most likely #1 pick (Wall's recruiting camp should draft another plan - NCAA Division I Mens Basketball - CBSSports.com News, Fantasy, Video)

Demarcus Cousins - the #2 rated recruit in the nation according to rivals. Likely a one and done mid- to late-first round pick next year (DeMarcus Cousins: NBA Draft | College Basketball by Collegehoops.net)

Patrick Patterson - mid-first round pick this year, 1st Team All-SEC as a Soph. Most likely a lottery pick next year (DraftExpress: Mock Draft)

Jodie Meeks - late first round, most likely early second round pick this year. About the same next year. I don't need to tell you any more about him. You've heard his name about 54 times by now, right?

Also on this team:

#4 Center in the nation (#22 overall) Dan Orton
#3 point guard in the nation (#23 overall) Eric Bledsoe
#11 shooting guard in the nation (#40 overall) Jon Hood
4* Juco player Darnell Dodson

Upperclassmen

DeAndre Liggins - #6 PG in the 2008 class
Darious Miller - #8 small forwad in the 2008 class

Nice top 10 rotation, huh? Two First team SEC players with one of the Top 5 recruiting classes in NCAA HISTORY (Class of classes - College Basketball - Rivals.com) coming in to join them.

So yes, one of the top teams "talent wise" in NCAA history. Only 3 teams in NCAA history have had 5 players taken in the draft in the same year. Kansas in '08, Florida in '07, UConn in '06. There have never been more than 4 players from the same team taken in the first round. (Duke 1999, UNC 2005 and UConn 2006). UK has 4 draft locks on next year's roster and potentially 4 1st round picks. If so, only 3 teams in NCAA history would be AS talented. I'm talking raw talent.

Now whether they can play together is a different story. However, this is one of the most talented teams ever assembled. We're looking at a pre-season #1 (Kentucky now down to the scholarship limit - CBSSports.com) ..however, I have no idea if these guys will be a TEAM. Nevertheless, there is evidence to support my previous statement. I didn't pull it out of nowhere.

IDK about pre-season #1, but if they can develop solid team chemistry with all that talent, this might be the year UK finally gets back to the Final Four and competes for the NC.

They're easily the team to beat in the SEC.

VN Store

Back