Is your apathy at an all time high???

Boring style of game, limited fans in the stands, a coaching staff that is too stubborn to make changes and adjustments, and an administration that does not care if they win or lose. Yeah, apathy is setting in.

Bad years and bad coaches don't kill programs - apathy does. We are treading on very thin ice here before we hit Colorado or Minnesota territory programwise.

For me, it isn't so much that Fulmer made a bad hire under the circumstances. Much worse is that we are now fairly certain a different direction is needed, and he appears to be doing nothing about it. I am tired of waiting 2 more years before we do something about it.

Dooleys teams were at least somewhat competitive and fun to watch especially under Bray. Pruitt is getting beat on average by 25 points in conference

Well, I was referring to the specific moment we hired Dooley. It was already disappointing that Kiffin bolted, but when I found out Dooley was the hire, I just couldn't find a positive. As his tenure went on..... well, I loved Bray and that offense, and that's about all I can say lol.

But about Dooley being competitive in the SEC, teams across his tenure played top 25 opponents 15 times, went 0-15, and was within 10 of the opponent 3 times.

Pruitt's record isnt great (2-8 vs top 25, within 10 in 0 of 8 losses), but it isnt like Dooley was more competitive

Teddy Roosevelt once said that when you’re at the end of your rope, tie a knot and hold on. I am losing my grip on the rope.

This program has gone from a true passion to a running joke for me. Gallows humor runs deep.

I'll always pull for them and won't actively support another team.

That being said, I have not had much if any confidence in Pruitt from the beginning and didn't totally buy into the fools gold of the winning streak over a weak schedule.

This program needs a Bruce Pearl type hire badly.

They won't ever go after a known commodity or big name so that's the best we can hope for.

Someone like Pearl who the fans can relate to and can bring an exciting brand of football back into Neyland. Can't see that happening with Fulmer. He is still stuck in the 90s and Pruitt is right there with him.

Well, I was referring to the specific moment we hired Dooley. It was already disappointing that Kiffin bolted, but when I found out Dooley was the hire, I just couldn't find a positive. As his tenure went on..... well, I loved Bray and that offense, and that's about all I can say lol.

But about Dooley being competitive in the SEC, teams across his tenure played top 25 opponents 15 times, went 0-15, and was within 10 of the opponent 3 times.

Pruitt's record isnt great (2-8 vs top 25, within 10 in 0 of 8 losses), but it isnt like Dooley was more competitive
The fact that you loved Bray shows you must be young. Kelly, Shuler, Manning and Martin were awesome. Clausen wasn’t the best but man he was tough. Bray was just a bit above average.

VN Store

Back