Is there something going on in Knoxville

Well, Alabama doesn’t have to zero blitz to effect the qb.
And that’s my point! Maurer was poised vs Alabama. He even checked down instead of forcing like he did last year and yet it goes unnoticed because were already on to the next guy that hasn’t played enough to know one way or the other. 🤦‍♂️

Reactions: Big Al Orange
@GAVol
@DeerPark12

Jim Harbaugh is currently in the final year of his contract.

Michigan is currently 1 spot ahead of us in recruiting and in the top 10.

Will he be fired? Maybe.

Will their class be any worse than ours? Appears no.

Will Michigan be paying a buyout? F no!

Power 5 school there for you.

This isnt personal gavol. Like you alot. But we are on way opposite sides here.

Reactions: Godfatha
i would say its more about the hiring of 4 hrs coaches that didnt work out and now having a guy hiring and extending coaches that he wants to play old school football in a new era. That not some grand conspiracy is the problem.
2 things. First tennessee fans and school need to understand it is not an elite place to go at least right now. If you haven't been good for 10 years that means an 18 year old was under 8 and doesnt remember you good. Tennessee is there. Getting some sec east division champs would help start to bring the school back. With clemson amd Georgia good and Kentucky not completely sucking, that has also cut off some prime recruiting areas for tennessee.
Gotta get a coach that can win with less then bring in talent. To get the team rolling again. Its not the blow outs to bama. Even the Georgia and florida Ls. It's the bad games vs poor teams tenn lost that will be the end of pruitt.
Last time the team was dominate for a while manning was QB. Tee had a loaded team because of recruits from the 4 years before with manning.
The team wont be great again til they get that elite QB.
Bama has seen the light and went from good steady QBs to elite QBs the with tua and jones.
You can win a division sometimes with okay QB play like Georgia or Florida but you wont be elite without a QB.
Fields, Jones, trask, clemson boy, with some other just off QBs with great teams around them look and are the best teams in the country.
And I ask what really elite QB is going to want to come play for pruitt? O

@GAVol
@DeerPark12

Jim Harbaugh is currently in the final year of his contract.

Michigan is currently 1 spot ahead of us in recruiting and in the top 10.

Will he be fired? Maybe.

Will their class be any worse than ours? Appears no.

Will Michigan be paying a buyout? F no!

Power 5 school there for you.

This isnt personal gavol. Like you alot. But we are on way opposite sides here.

Harbaugh's contact has another year on it and he is owed a $10 million buyout if he's fired after this year: Will Michigan fire Jim Harbaugh? Rest of Big Ten season, contract loom large in decision

They were working on an extension before the pandemic and tabled it until after the season. Beth they're glad they did.

Reactions: Woodlawn VOL
Harbaugh's contact has another year on it and he is owed a $10 million buyout if he's fired after this year: Will Michigan fire Jim Harbaugh? Rest of Big Ten season, contract loom large in decision

They were working on an extension before the pandemic and tabled it until after the season. Beth they're glad they did.

But they tabled it .....

Why couldn't we?

I know I have been uber confrontational tonight but it just seems like the AD and school are making bad decision after bad decision.

If we had waited just 3 months it would have been clear he isnt the guy and it would have saved TN millions.

It is what it is but Michigan does show not all coaches get an extension. That's all I was saying.

Either way, hope the guys up there get this turned around cause UT is honestly running out of time. An entire generational fanbase has been lost because of this crap. Words and what ifs are gonna work anymore. The fans dont buy it now.

Either way, I am sorry for making it personal.

Last edited:
That the majority of us don’t have the money/influence to see? It just feels like there is something going on here that doesn’t meet the eye for those of us who aren’t connected. Is there booster/AD conflict? Is there state government/UT administration conflict. Is there school administration/ AD conflict. ESPN published a tell all article this week that details the situations that caused FSUs dramatic slide. It makes me wonder what’s going on behind the scenes thats gotten us to this point.
Yeah, what’s going on is there’s an idiot on the sidelines

Reactions: Frozevol
Do you agree that except for a few individual miscues, there was significant improvement?[/QUOTE]
There was significant improvement after they lost to Geo st last year in a few games. And then , well this year it is awful.
Don’t be fooled because they played somewhat ok in year 3 .

Don’t shoot the messenger but my friends uncles cousins babysitter has inside scoop that there is a plane from Vegas to Knoxville and Gruden is in talks to be the next coach. ✈️

Well, I don’t think it is all about a conspiracy here. The Basketball team seems to be doing well and baseball is improving. I think it has been some bad choices in football and that’s it. It is fixable, but requires people to actually try to hire a coach with head coaching experience who has a winning record and will bring in the right staff. Yeah don’t hate Pruitt or Butch or Dooley, I just think the job was too big for them. They need a Freeze type hire to right the ship.

Reactions: Frozevol
This... it really is mind blowing how this man has got to the position he is in making 4 million a year leading a major football program. All the while no one noticed he struggles with the simplest concepts of the game.

Struggled with the concepts of the game?

The man struggled with asparagus.

ASPARAGUS LMAO

Reactions: tbh
👆👆This. Admin no longer prioritizes athletics. Never mind the actual evidence at Alabama that shows the quality of student pre-Saban vs. their current quality of student. More applications, higher caliber student and their average GPA and ACT scores have continued to go up.

Academians should realize that a strong athletic program escalates the caliber of student by making your school more desirable and increasing the demand for spots in the incoming classes.

Totally confused as to why they feel these two sides of the university do not compliment each other. It is like two dogs in a pissing contest. Until that gets fixed, there really is no hope.

They like others are to hardheaded and stubborn to work with.

This process started in 2002 under Fulmer. Correct, we stopped taking marginal academic students then and have since fallen far behind in the recruiting of that type of player. I think since CPF became the AD it’s trying to loosen back up BUT, is no where it was under Coach Majors and Fulmer in the 90’s. Theirs is 100% fact!

I wonder if this has had a bearing on our inability to hire some of the successful head coaches we have been rumored to have been turned down by over the past 20 or so years.

I wonder if this has had a bearing on our inability to hire some of the successful head coaches we have been rumored to have been turned down by over the past 20 or so years.
There is no evidence that UT has some sort of higher academic standards for athletes than other teams in the SEC. In fact UTs academic standards in general are on par with the SEC, which are on par with the rest of the Power 5.

But they tabled it .....

Why couldn't we?

I know I have been uber confrontational tonight but it just seems like the AD and school are making bad decision after bad decision.

If we had waited just 3 months it would have been clear he isnt the guy and it would have saved TN millions.

It is what it is but Michigan does show not all coaches get an extension. That's all I was saying.

Either way, hope the guys up there get this turned around cause UT is honestly running out of time. An entire generational fanbase has been lost because of this crap. Words and what ifs are gonna work anymore. The fans dont buy it now.

Either way, I am sorry for making it personal.
First of all . . . We're at 5 losses in a row lol. There's no reason for you to apologize. I know it's not personal and I totally get being pissed off with the way extensions get handed out like candy. All I'm saying is that it's become the way of the world. Agents have completely whipped Athletic Departments when it comes to extensions and buyout clauses.

My major problem with the contracts and these dumbass coaching search goose chases is that somehow, people have become convinced that every school is just a coach away from glory and there's this tiny talent pool for coaching big time college football. It's ludicrous. . . . They're football coaches; not neurosurgeons. There are plenty of guys with CEO skills that can lead if we'll just stop focusing on hot playcallers and shiny mid-major guys. And for God's sake - it's dumb to fire a head coach and then make him Athletic Director in charge of filling the very position that we fired him from. I think CPF is a great guy, but NO ORGANIZATION FUNCTIONS LIKE THAT!?

:breathesdeeply:

Covid as all of the Universities jacked up. My daughter goes to another out of state SEC school and is taking classes online. I will be transferring her tuition to a local college. Why would I pay out of state tuition along with sorority dues when she is sitting in her room taking classes? She & all of her friends have had the deadly disease...Nothing more than the sniffles & headache.. Dont hit me up with we want to save Grandma...Grandma wants to see her family & watch SEC football.

Reactions: DuckRiverVol
School wants to be Vandy and not Alabama and is on a woke mission.

Football is not the priority at all anymore.

need to dial back the additional “academic” requirements that UT has put in place, and open up the football factory again.

Reactions: NEO
First of all . . . We're at 5 losses in a row lol. There's no reason for you to apologize. I know it's not personal and I totally get being pissed off with the way extensions get handed out like candy. All I'm saying is that it's become the way of the world. Agents have completely whipped Athletic Departments when it comes to extensions and buyout clauses.

My major problem with the contracts and these dumbass coaching search goose chases is that somehow, people have become convinced that every school is just a coach away from glory and there's this tiny talent pool for coaching big time college football. It's ludicrous. . . . They're football coaches; not neurosurgeons. There are plenty of guys with CEO skills that can lead if we'll just stop focusing on hot playcallers and shiny mid-major guys. And for God's sake - it's dumb to fire a head coach and then make him Athletic Director in charge of filling the very position that we fired him from. I think CPF is a great guy, but NO ORGANIZATION FUNCTIONS LIKE THAT!?

:breathesdeeply:
My hope was Fulmer was to be a short term solution as AD when the department was an absolute train wreck and needed someone to at least stop the freefall. And when things were stable, the university would hire a professional athletic director.

Now that Fulmer's extension has finally been made public, obviously that is not the plan.

There is no COVID excuse. Every team in the country has to deal with it. It is not unique to UT.
Just part of the propaganda from a dysfunctional program.
That's the problem though. It's unique everywhere and it's hard to know who is really impacted relative to everybody else. Maybe places like Tennessee and Penn State really are bad football teams. Maybe they've been adversely affected by Covid more than others. As with most things 2020, I don't pretend to even have a clue at this point.

Tennessee has paid buyouts when buyouts werent needed (See Pearl & Mike Hamilton for two examples). And they dont play hard ball with guys like Dooley who wanted out the year before and Jones who basically quit mid way in the 2017 season.

VN Store

Back