Is there something going on in Knoxville

This is poor rationalization for incompetent decisions. Pruitt was under contract for another 2 years and there was significant uncertainty with his coaching abilities before this season started. If you did not extend him this summer then he would still be coaching this year which would give you more evidence to justify an extension. Pruitt would not have declined coaching because he was still under contract. At worst case, you would have paid more for the extension after this season but would also have proof that the extension was necessary.

This is a simple decision tree problem that UTAD absolutely failed. Yes, there is a trend to sign extensions at the 2 year mark but to use that as justification without making an individual decision given these unique circumstances is JV level thinking.

The rat finally with a legitimate post.

Reactions: MIT_Beaver
Absolutely, completely false. May have been trending that way a few years ago, but you have a President that doesn’t have an academic background that is focused heavily on fundraising and athletics. You have a chancellor who was hired in part because of her experience at schools with prominent athletic programs.

The present administration here is as committed to athletics as any since the 1990s.

What’s going on behind the scenes right now? People in decision-making roles taking a very deliberate approach to the situation. Everyone knows the constant instability of the last 15 years has dug this hole, and more changes aren’t going to dig it out.

Pruitt is getting next year, that’s all but certain. If you want to say UT isn’t committed to winning based on that, you’re entitled to your opinion. But this is no longer a place that is going to be allowed to flounder because people can’t get on the same page.
Great. Should be an exciting season. (BF)

Reactions: chattavol420
Pruitt is an extremely bad fit at Tennessee. Poor face of the program in literally every way. Players aren't well coached at all. Players aren't getting developed. Looks like an ass the way he wears his mask on his head . His assistant coaches hate him. Administrators hate him. He has lost parts of the team for various and sundry reasons (such as continuing to play #2 and sticking with older players who cant play over younger ones who are more talented but less experienced, and his treatment of assistants). I don't see how any reasonable administrator can believe this thing is heading in the right direction and more importantly what gives them reason to believe things will be any better next season.
Good grief, can we get over the way he wears a mask. Such a petty stupid little issue IMO. If we were winning not one word would be said about it by this fanbase. I've had it with the guy for several reasons but the mask thing is not even on my list... 🙄

Good grief, can we get over the way he wears a mask. Such a petty stupid little issue IMO. If we were winning not one word would be said about it by this fanbase. I've had it with the guy for several reasons but the mask thing is not even on my list... 🙄
You serious Clark?

Can we agree that the 6 figure fine that came with it is a big deal, but that otherwise it was overblown??

Can we agree that the 6 figure fine that came with it is a big deal, but that otherwise it was blown??
It's blown WAY out of proportion and ridiculous, especially when most everyone else on the sidelines (players) aren't required to wear them.

Also, I think Pruitt's 100k fine was bullsh!t when compared to the 25k fine Mullen got for running around the field, acting like an idiot, screaming at refs and, oh yea, without his mask on...

Reactions: onevol74
It's blown WAY out of proportion and ridiculous, especially when most everyone else on the sidelines (players) aren't required to wear them.

Also, I think Pruitt's 100k fine was bullsh!t when compared to the 25k fine Mullen got for running around the field, acting like an idiot, screaming at refs and, oh yea, without his mask on...

I’ll take that as a YES.😄

Reactions: m1al
I am so out of the loop. I had no clue the great prognosticator MIT beaver had crawled out of his hole. Wow. 2020 really is sh*t

The more I read your posts...the more I think they need to ban your sorry ass. You don’t show much intelligence yourself, hot shot.
Hey its Doug's burner! Atta boy for getting the accounts right so you didn't like your own post again!

There’s been something going on for quite some time now. The first time my eyebrow raised was 2018 Alabama game. JG was looking horrible and Pruitt refused to try another qb until JG got hurt despite being blown out. Christ came in and threw 2 tds within minutes. Yet the fan base chose to believe Pruitt that JG was the better qb even though Christ put an egg on Pruitts face that day.

Fast forward to 2019. JG looks so bad to begin the season that a change was warranted by halftime of week 1 vs GAST. Yet the fan base chose to believe Pruitt that JG was the best qb. Then came BYU and the same held true. Instead of using UT Chatt as a prep game for a younger qb with a higher upside, Pruitt chose to use it to build JGs confidence while giving the others just a fraction of PT and misusing their skill sets to boot. Because let’s not forget..... “JG gives us the best chance” but here comes UF and the gauntlet of the schedule. Once again JG looks like JG and only THEN did Pruitt make a change. Why then? Why vs UF? Did JG not look the same in previous weeks? I’ll tell you why. Because the UF, UGA and Bama defense would stand a better chance of making a true freshman look worse than JG than GAST, BYU and UT Chatt, thus making HIM “appear” to be right all along. Only it didn’t happen the way he AND any of us expected. Maurer was MUCH better than advertised and his success continued until he got injured and had to take time to heal. When he came back he was understandably rusty but Pruitt used that as an EXCUSE to bench him rather than allowing him to “settle in”. That move alone, regardless of how JG played, was proof positive that PRUITT didn’t and doesn’t WANT to move on from JG and he was in waiting for a reason to justify switching back to JG.

Two different qbs in two years has proven better than JG (Maybe 3 now if Baileys garbage time is true to his skills of a full game) and Pruitts comments are still consistent with what he’s always said that “JG is the best we have”.

What’s more alarming is now that people are starting to catch on to his BS, most only seem to remember what’s happening “now” while not realizing we’re three years into this lie.
Christ was better because he threw the ball on time. Maurer was better for several reasons as well. Bailey appears to be better in short sample and NONE of the three were given even a fraction of the chance Pruitt is continuing to show JG. I feel like the only only question left unanswered is “why?”.
Chryst

Can we agree that the 6 figure fine that came with it is a big deal, but that otherwise it was overblown??
He didn’t get fined for the goofy look. He got fined for it constantly slipping under his nose.

Absolutely, completely false. May have been trending that way a few years ago, but you have a President that doesn’t have an academic background that is focused heavily on fundraising and athletics. You have a chancellor who was hired in part because of her experience at schools with prominent athletic programs.

The present administration here is as committed to athletics as any since the 1990s.

What’s going on behind the scenes right now? People in decision-making roles taking a very deliberate approach to the situation. Everyone knows the constant instability of the last 15 years has dug this hole, and more changes aren’t going to dig it out.

Pruitt is getting next year, that’s all but certain. If you want to say UT isn’t committed to winning based on that, you’re entitled to your opinion. But this is no longer a place that is going to be allowed to flounder because people can’t get on the same page.
Who in their right mind thinks Pruitt is going to get it done here? It’s painfully obvious to anyone that is paying attention. If the right coach is available this year, the bandaid needs to be ripped off before opportunity is missed.

That the majority of us don’t have the money/influence to see? It just feels like there is something going on here that doesn’t meet the eye for those of us who aren’t connected. Is there booster/AD conflict? Is there state government/UT administration conflict. Is there school administration/ AD conflict. ESPN published a tell all article this week that details the situations that caused FSUs dramatic slide. It makes me wonder what’s going on behind the scenes thats gotten us to this point.

Rather than try to figure out how those morons think, I just try to imagine that Moe, Larry Curly, Shemp, Joe, and Curly Joe magically replaced them all. The decision making would not be any less intelligent, and it might be more entertaining. Wise of ESPN to publish an article about FSU. If they did one about Tennessee, nobody would be shocked.

Well, they might be on the same page...but if that page says anything about retaining Pruitt...then they are all on the wrong page.

The guy is in so far over his head it isn’t funny.
I agree. If they were so committed to athletics at this University then they would stop going cheap on football hires

You might as well give up. You've got a full fledged lynch mob out there, empowered by the internet. No way they'll allow Tennessee football to succeed.

I keep saying to myself there can’t be that many stupid people. I don’t have any hard numbers but anecdotal evidence is overwhelming that there definitely are.

VN Store

Back