Is there bad blood between Pruitt and Smart?

Smart had an opportunity to retain Pruitt as DC. He didn't. Part of it was due to Pruitt showing up at Richt's house drunk, and threatening Richt. Also, another UGA asst had to be pulled off Pruitt before he beat Pruitt senseless at practice.
Pruitt seems to be doing a great job at UT, so good for him and you. Just don't blow smoke.

Yep I've also heard all those stories. Also heard what started it was what we all knew about Richt. He was not running program/ practices at championship level and everyone knew it which led to alot of animosity. Not excusing any of Pruitt's actions there

You took a dig at Mays, and you were a typical uga fan with the snide comments toward UTwild82.

Yeah - if someone drove my wife to the freakin' hospital while she was in labor, I'd feel a bit of gratitude toward that person, and would not likely go out of my way to screw the guy over. Kirby has no such scruples, and apparently neither does the fanbase.

I'll say this again, because it bears repeating: your program is trash. Your fanbase is about the most annoying and needy in sports. If every 'dawg' fan left this forum, it would be a better place, but for some odd reason you feel the need to post here.

Reactions: brandonco05
Coach Flobee is Klassy with a K. Perfect fit for that trash program.

I'm sure the annoying fanbase eats that up.

Does it work like this? Someone trips over their own feet, they see dollar signs and decide it's someone else's fault. They contact an attorney who will files suit. To make it go away, the insurance company settles. I suspect few of these cases involve actual liability. They're shakedowns. Through his own carelessness, Mays injured himself operating a folding chair that everyone else in attendance managed to use without losing an appendage. UGA has deep pockets - so file a suit and hope for a payday.
There you go, case settled. No need to go to court now. SLO Dawg has all the facts and he's ready to render a verdict.

I like it. Too many coaches out here acting all buddy buddy. No one's got time for that and it's beat down time in Oct!

You took a dig at Mays, and you were a typical uga fan with the snide comments toward UTwild82.

Yeah - if someone drove my wife to the freakin' hospital while she was in labor, I'd feel a bit of gratitude toward that person, and would not likely go out of my way to screw the guy over. Kirby has no such scruples, and apparently neither does the fanbase.

I'll say this again, because it bears repeating: your program is trash. Your fanbase is about the most annoying and needy in sports. If every 'dawg' fan left this forum, it would be a better place, but for some odd reason you feel the need to post here.
How do you know Kirby hasn't returned the favor to Pruitt 100 times? Why do you assume Kirby remains indebted to Pruitt? And why is it you presume Kirby should repay a favor to Pruitt by doing a favor for Cade Mays? Should Kirby approve this sort of thing all the time because, you know, Pruitt helped him out once? You want to argue Mays should be eligible due to a hundred other reasons, so be it. This one is embarrassing. I get you think UGA is a trash program and UGA fans are annoying. I hope I won't lose sleep over that tonight.

I want to be sure I and everyone understand what you're suggesting. Pruitt drove Kirby Smart's wife to the hospital while she was in labor some years ago and you think that should mean today, Kirby Smart should allow one of his 5-star players tranfer to a division rival? That's what you think?

He's going somewhere, why not let him go to someone you supposedly get along with (at least enough to let your pregnant wife get in a vehicle with and drive her to a hospital)?

This is why the NCAA should take this out of schools hands and allow players a 1 time anywhere transfer. Isn't it odd they're not employees, yet that scholarship is treated like a contract? JMO.

He's going somewhere, why not let him go to someone you supposedly get along with (at least enough to let your pregnant wife get in a vehicle with and drive her to a hospital)?

This is why the NCAA should take this out of schools hands and allow players a 1 time anywhere transfer. Isn't it odd they're not employees, yet that scholarship is treated like a contract? JMO.
On the issue of NCCA allowing players a one time transfer, you and I agree.

Alll that high brow recruiting and he still performs about like Richt. Imagine that.

Reactions: Alto1
How do you know Kirby hasn't returned the favor to Pruitt 100 times? Why do you assume Kirby remains indebted to Pruitt? And why is it you presume Kirby should repay a favor to Pruitt by doing a favor for Cade Mays? Should Kirby approve this sort of thing all the time because, you know, Pruitt helped him out once? You want to argue Mays should be eligible due to a hundred other reasons, so be it. This one is embarrassing. I get you think UGA is a trash program and UGA fans are annoying. I hope I won't lose sleep over that tonight.

Let me help you on this. This is a Tennessee forum. Neither I nor anyone here has any use for Flobee, so to assume that I am going to expend any effort defending him, on my own team’s form, is asinine. I have no respect for Smart. He strikes me as a slimy used car salesman, much like Lyle Jones. He is a better coach, but no better of a person.

And I dont give a rat’s &$$ if you lose sleep of not. No one here does. In fact, if you disappear and never post here again, we wouldn’t skip a beat. Let me help you again, this is a TENNESSEE board. I’m not over on some uga board demanding people give Pruitt the benefit of the doubt, because that would be useless, and sad. Kind of like your posts here.

Trash program, and you confirm every stereotype of a needy, whinny uga fan demanding reassurance on an opposing fan board.

Let me help you on this. This is a Tennessee forum. Neither I nor anyone here has any use for Flobee, so to assume that I am going to expend any effort defending him, on my own team’s form, is asinine. I have no respect for Smart. He strikes me as a slimy used car salesman, much like Lyle Jones. He is a better coach, but no better of a person.

And I dont give a rat’s &$$ if you lose sleep of not. No one here does. In fact, if you disappear and never post here again, we wouldn’t skip a beat. Let me help you again, this is a TENNESSEE board. I’m not over on some uga board demanding people give Pruitt the benefit of the doubt, because that would be useless, and sad. Kind of like your posts here.

Trash program, and you confirm every stereotype of a needy, whinny uga fan demanding reassurance on an opposing fan board.
Wow. And I thought we were friends. So let me ask you, if I had posted the same skepticism about the birth of of one of Smart's kids having a bearing on Cade Mays' transfer, but my screen name was "Vol" - something, would you be as upset?

Wow. And I thought we were friends. So let me ask you, if I had posted the same skepticism about the birth of of one of Smart's kids having a bearing on Cade Mays' transfer, but my screen name was "Vol" - something, would you be as upset?

Irrelevant and silly. You are posting on a Tennessee board. I'm not upset in the least, just amused.

If you came here hoping for a positive opinion of your coach, good luck.

Please. Here's a cookie. You're not really wanted here. Feel free to leave at any time.

I swear to goodness, uga fans are the most annoying, whinny, needy fans in sports.

Alll that high brow recruiting and he still performs about like Richt. Imagine that.
Just curious, the knock on Kirby is he’s no better than Richt, which might be true. But Butch was 12-13 after 2 years and Pruitt is 13-12, would the same hold true for Pruitt? Seems like it? But I’m sure there will be the “Butch left nothing” crowd, just seems funny. Btw, I like Pruitt, and I think he and Kirby along with Mullen are making the East relevant again.

Just curious, the knock on Kirby is he’s no better than Richt, which might be true. But Butch was 12-13 after 2 years and Pruitt is 13-12, would the same hold true for Pruitt? Seems like it? But I’m sure there will be the “Butch left nothing” crowd, just seems funny. Btw, I like Pruitt, and I think he and Kirby along with Mullen are making the East relevant again.

Do you really think kirby would have done better with our roster through 2 years? When he left our teams could not beat Vanderbilt and Kentucky our talent had fallen off so bad.

Do you really think kirby would have done better with our roster through 2 years? When he left our teams could not beat Vanderbilt and Kentucky our talent had fallen off so bad.
I have no idea what Kirby would have done and wasn’t trying to insinuate he was better or worse. Just pointing out that people like to compare Kirby to Richt and the similarities as a negative but couldn’t the same be said about Butch and Pruitt through their first 2 years based on the results?

Irrelevant and silly. You are posting on a Tennessee board. I'm not upset in the least, just amused.

If you came here hoping for a positive opinion of your coach, good luck.

Please. Here's a cookie. You're not really wanted here. Feel free to leave at any time.

I swear to goodness, uga fans are the most annoying, whinny, needy fans in sports.
You seem to have a lot of anger for a guy who is being amused. The suggestion Kirby Smart should approve a player transfer because Pruitt once drove his wife to the hospital is embarrassing and you know it. If you don't know it, I can't help you. As for any bad blood brewing between the coaches over this, you think that bodes better or worse for Pruitt?

You seem to have a lot of anger for a guy who is being amused. The suggestion Kirby Smart should approve a player transfer because Pruitt once drove his wife to the hospital is embarrassing and you know it. If you don't know it, I can't help you. As for any bad blood brewing between the coaches over this, you think that bodes better or worse for Pruitt?

You do seem to need a response to give you "closure" on this, so I will reply that I think that Kirby is an all around (expletive deleted) and I would not be surprised by anything he does, including taking a photo of a recruiting board, etc. It's who he is. In that way, he is a great fit for uga. Richt was a nice person by all accounts, and had a decent ethical standard. Not surprised uga canned him.

By present indications, in time, Pruitt will be the better coach. He has a reputation (outside uga circles, which I discount heavily) of being a decent person and a heck of a defensive mind. He is willing to fire friends if they can't do the job, but those folks don't speak poorly of him afterwards, which tells me he talks the time and effort to actually relate to people. His hires so far, especially as he has replaced staff, have been solid. He is steadily learning. That said, he still has a bit to learn, and the jury is still out, but most Vols are hopeful.

Last edited:
I have no idea what Kirby would have done and wasn’t trying to insinuate he was better or worse. Just pointing out that people like to compare Kirby to Richt and the similarities as a negative but couldn’t the same be said about Butch and Pruitt through their first 2 years based on the results?

This argument could work but comparing each roster as a whole, Pruitt had to rebuild and reshape the roster. He even said that most of the players were too small and out of shape.

Smart already had an SEC level roster when Richt was fired. All he’s doing is getting more talent but still getting similar results like Richt did.

This argument could work but comparing each roster as a whole, Pruitt had to rebuild and reshape the roster. He even said that most of the players were too small and out of shape.

Smart already had an SEC level roster when Richt was fired. All he’s doing is getting more talent but still getting similar results like Richt did.
I’m not trying to compare Kirby to Pruitt and I agree, they inherited different situations. What I am asking is after year 2 it seems that Pruitt and Butch are also nearly identical, correct? Both inherited less than ideal rosters from previous staffs and one was 12-13 while the other is 13-12. Now, I can see that Pruitt is building a stronger team just like I know Kirby has UGA at a different level than Richt’s last 10 years, but on paper they are the same in both situations.

Better for Pruitt. He is and will continue to use it against Kirby in recruiting.

VN Store

Back