Is there anywhere that we can complain to the NCAA about flopping and be heard?

mudhen

There just HAS to be a means to launch a massed complaint about diving to the NCAA. Or am I just pissing in the wind.

I hope NCAA does something about it. Purdue DLineman #90 was the cause of 3 medical timeouts himself. On one occasion he only sat out 2 plays
The ncaa will do nothing. As long as they can get away with it, they’ll continue to do nothing. Their only function is to collect money. They are nothing more than a shell corporation for a consortium of big money donors

They should put the flops on the Jumbotron. There would probably be a fine due to putting it on the Jumbotron would be considered unsportsmanlike

The NCAA is just as likely to install a mandatory time-between-plays as they are to do anything about the "Kiffin Flop".
Something like: "....a snap may not occur within the first 30 seconds of the allowed 40 second interval between plays".
That is, unless of course Saban begins to use a fast tempo offense and finds the "Kiffin Flop" to be interfering with his game plan.

There’s a legitimate reason the ncaa should take it up. It’s a way some coaches are gaming the system to get extra timeouts. It makes games last much longer and really bogs the game down. Even with UT playing that game was a chore to sit through.
The counter argument is that by preventing a defense from substituting players you increase likelihood of injuries so coaches feel justified teaching players to stay on the ground. Saban talked about this years ago. It’s not going to change because nobody wants to be responsible for trying to decide whether or not someone has a legitimate injury.

Reactions: VolWatchman
If Alabama was getting flopped on a committee would have already been formed to stop this malfeasance
Alabama can sub players on offense pretty much at will. It’s a luxury that their depth and skill affords them. We can’t afford to do that.

The ncaa will do nothing. As long as they can get away with it, they’ll continue to do nothing. Their only function is to collect money. They are nothing more than a shell corporation for a consortium of big money donors
Thanks for your positivity.

The counter argument is that by preventing a defense from substituting players you increase likelihood of injuries so coaches feel justified teaching players to stay on the ground. Saban talked about this years ago. It’s not going to change because nobody wants to be responsible for trying to decide whether or not someone has a legitimate injury.
I’m not saying to force the player to get up immediately. Let him sit there for the sake of the truly injured. But everyone with half a brain can see most of these D players are flopping. So instead of 3 TO’s per half you get 5 and each time a player goes down causing a stoppage of play, one of the TO’s is used , no judgment call necessary. I watched the playoff games yesterday and it wasn’t a problem. It’s primarily used against up tempo offenses and we’re just seeing how bad it is.

The NCAA is just as likely to install a mandatory time-between-plays as they are to do anything about the "Kiffin Flop".
Something like: "....a snap may not occur within the first 30 seconds of the allowed 40 second interval between plays".
That is, unless of course Saban begins to use a fast tempo offense and finds the "Kiffin Flop" to be interfering with his game plan.
Want to know why Saban doesn’t use the fast tempo offense? He doesn’t have to. It’s gimmicky- we should admit that. And it’s effective because it limits substitutions. It’s based on making a defense gassed and confused. I can see where other coaches are justifying this without mental guilt. And face it. Flopping wins games. We would have beaten Ole Miss and Purdue if they hadn’t slowed the game down.

If the NCAA fixes this, it’ll not be by punishing the floppers, rather change what happens with substitutions between plays. I have no clue what that would be.

I’m not saying to force the player to get up immediately. Let him sit there for the sake of the truly injured. But everyone with half a brain can see most of these D players are flopping. So instead of 3 TO’s per half you get 5 and each time a player goes down causing a stoppage of play, one of the TO’s is used , no judgment call necessary. I watched the playoff games yesterday and it wasn’t a problem. It’s primarily used against up tempo offenses and we’re just seeing how bad it is.
Then we should be trying to play big boy football and not tempo. We're in a LOS conference. We should play that way.

Reactions: Tnslim1

VN Store

Back