Is there anywhere that we can complain to the NCAA about flopping and be heard?

Alabama can sub players on offense pretty much at will. It’s a luxury that their depth and skill affords them. We can’t afford to do that.
I'm pretty sure we are discussing the Offense getting flopped on by the Defense to pause the game but yes, they have great depth

I'm pretty sure we are discussing the Offense getting flopped on by the Defense to pause the game but yes, they have great depth
It all goes hand in hand. If we don’t sub thereby allowing them to sub, then they’re gonna flop. Rules are not going to change to help a few undermanned rosters play fast.

There just HAS to be a means to launch a massed complaint about diving to the NCAA. Or am I just pissing in the wind.
The University Presidents are the avenue though which communications are conducted. However, I believe that the NCAA , as we know it, is facing big changes.. The Power 5 conferences have outgrown the present responsibilities of the NCAA. Some new organization will be created and hopefully it will be more aware of the many dysfunctions of the current rules making NCAA.

Reactions: kcvols1
University/Coach will have to file a formal complaint. "Fan" complaints won't make it to the front door. But yes, there is a process for the University.

There just HAS to be a means to launch a massed complaint about diving to the NCAA. Or am I just pissing in the wind.

Given the recent and on-going blustery weather we're having, I suggest you to stop pissing. ;)

Reactions: kcvols1
As I said in another thread,unless this happens on a huge stage to one of the big market programs u prob won't see anything get done anytime soon.Just the unfortunate facts of the matter.The refs we can deal with,the flopping tho is something that could be very easily fixed and not he overly complicated.

The rule should be if an injury timeout is called the player who caused it sets out the rest of the opposing teams possession.

Anytime you want to go after the ncaa for anything, your first move is DWhite. He is the Athletic Director. It's his job to interact between the school body and the ncaa. He gets paid decently, and he loves his job. There are proceedures he can follow to file a complaint if necessary. He has the legal means, along with maybe a handful of others. Another route is Mrs. Plowman... who has proven to be on UT's side, and a very effective politician. You go through White first tho. If you go after the ncaa directly, you will only make them want to make things more difficult. They do not like being called out in public, much like the mob.

Reactions: mudhen
I think flopping will be addressed but that doesn’t mean the rule won’t be just as bad.

Usually the first reaction is an overreaction.

Tennessee needs to get better players and get better at execution when things slow down also.

Want to know why Saban doesn’t use the fast tempo offense? He doesn’t have to. It’s gimmicky- we should admit that. And it’s effective because it limits substitutions. It’s based on making a defense gassed and confused. I can see where other coaches are justifying this without mental guilt. And face it. Flopping wins games. We would have beaten Ole Miss and Purdue if they hadn’t slowed the game down.

If the NCAA fixes this, it’ll not be by punishing the floppers, rather change what happens with substitutions between plays. I have no clue what that would be.

Alabama has run the fast paced offense some but it’s not their standard. I don’t think it’s a gimmick thou. It does level the playing field some vs more talented & deeper teams but it’s a strategy, not a gimmick. If it were a gimmick, defensive coaches would have a better solution to stop it than faking injuries throughout the game.

A good way to not have customers is to ignore them.

I understand that view but can you imagine if fans could lodge complaints? Every week there would be millions of complaints filed. That’s why the complaints come through the schools, not the fans many of whom are irrational viewers. I admit I am a sometimes an irrational viewer and they don’t need to be listening to my rant charges.

Fast paced offense is where is game is headed for those who are able to run it. Game length is an issue the NCAA will address when it starts costing them money. The fast paced offense is legal, faking injuries isn’t and I bet will be addressed. With the NCAA and their track record, the cure may be worse than the illness but 4 1/2 hour televised games are too long….

Reactions: VolsSince78

The National Collegiate Athletic Association
700 W. Washington Street
P.O. Box 6222
Indianapolis, Indiana 46206-6222
Phone: 317-917-6222
Fax: 317-917-6888

Want to know why Saban doesn’t use the fast tempo offense? He doesn’t have to. It’s gimmicky- we should admit that. And it’s effective because it limits substitutions. It’s based on making a defense gassed and confused. I can see where other coaches are justifying this without mental guilt. And face it. Flopping wins games. We would have beaten Ole Miss and Purdue if they hadn’t slowed the game down.

If the NCAA fixes this, it’ll not be by punishing the floppers, rather change what happens with substitutions between plays. I have no clue what that would be.

Serious question:

What makes is a rapid tempo gimmicky? All offenses play by the same rules. If you can get it together for the next play faster than the defense can adjust what makes that a gimmick? To me it's intelligence, discipline and readiness.

Serious question:

What makes is a rapid tempo gimmicky? All offenses play by the same rules. If you can get it together for the next play faster than the defense can adjust what makes that a gimmick? To me it's intelligence, discipline and readiness.
It!s not. CJH creates mismatches and makes it difficult to communicate thereby stressing the defense. Everything he does is perfectly legal while faking injuries to create an advantage isn’t. It’s the two minute offense played throughout the game. It works and is fun to watch and it appears the players love the aggressive nature of it.

Reactions: VolArmy74
ESPN showed a replay during the game of a Purdue DL walking along just fine, looking to the side online, then just falling to the ground (oh dear!).

Anyone have that video segment clipped they can share?

Not that it will make a difference. Flopping is here to stay and part of the game unfortunately.

VN Store

Back