Is there any chance whatsoever...

Why wait for it to be announced who the hire is. Get an early start and begin criticizing right now. If necessary the coaches name can just be left blank. Everyone can just make multiple posts to cover every possible type of coach that could be hired.

Fulmer hired Pruitt, who nobody else close to the level we aspire to was ready to hire and he's got one losing season and an okay recruiting class. I don't know that I trust ADPF too much at this point. Then again, it's women's basketball and I doubt LV will ever get back to the level CPS had them at in her prime.

... that once Fulmer announces his choice, regardless of who it is, that there could be at least a day or two of celebration of a truly momentous time in women’s sport before the ravenous vultures among this fanbase attack his decision?

We should all be resting easy that Fulmer is going to make his decision only after talking to several candidates, as well as several key supporters.
In my fantasy world, the Lady Vol fanbase will show up next season in record numbers regardless of who the next coach is. It would certainly be a sweet way to pay tribute to the past while supporting the future. :)
I love your optimism, I really do. But...this is the same fan base that half want Rick Barnes to be fired and the other half were completely fine with the shape of the Lady Vols program. No matter the replacement, it will be a complete $h!t show from at least half of us! With that said, I love me some Big Orange nation!!
GBO!!

Reactions: VA_VOLFAN
... that once Fulmer announces his choice, regardless of who it is, that there could be at least a day or two of celebration of a truly momentous time in women’s sport before the ravenous vultures among this fanbase attack his decision?

We should all be resting easy that Fulmer is going to make his decision only after talking to several candidates, as well as several key supporters.
In my fantasy world, the Lady Vol fanbase will show up next season in record numbers regardless of who the next coach is. It would certainly be a sweet way to pay tribute to the past while supporting the future. :)
So unless he hires who you want then it’s not the right choice?

GTFO & support the new coach whoever it may be!

🍊🍊🍊

Why wait for it to be announced who the hire is. Get an early start and begin criticizing right now. If necessary the coaches name can just be left blank. Everyone can just make multiple posts to cover every possible type of coach that could be hired.
You must be a long time Vol fan too. You know this routine all too well.🥳
GBO!!

If Phil Fulmer goes cheap and hires a mid-major head coach or an assistant coach that new coach will not have my support and they will have to earn my support by their coaching.
I think with Fulmer in charge as AD those days are over. He knows what it takes to win. He will do what is best for the Lady Vols.

the Tennessee Lady Vols need and deserve nothing less than a first class coach who can restore a championship program
This! Also may be instrumental in stopping potential transfers, if any are considering leaving. Wrong hire could lead to a mass exodus..

Reactions: cutiepie5
Waltz is not coming. He wants a big raise. So get off your high horse and accept the fact that there are a lot of super assistants and head coaches at small schools who are very good and would do well at UT. You sound like the spoiled kids of today who say my way or I quit.
Glad ur not the one making the decision, we would be doomed to below mediocrity forever..

If Phil Fulmer goes cheap and hires a mid-major head coach or an assistant coach that new coach will not have my support and they will have to earn my support by their coaching.
So if he hires an expensive "name" coach, you will unequivocally support them even if they are horrible?

I will support Fulmer's choice till proven otherwise. I believe we owe Fulmer and his choice that. My first choice is a head coach, with outstanding recruiting and winning credentials, from a power 5 conference.

So if he hires an expensive "name" coach, you will unequivocally support them even if they are horrible?
They most likely wont be horrible if they're are an expensive nationally known name coach. They're more likely to be horrible if they're a bargain basement mid-major head coach or assistant coach.

Last edited:
Reactions: cutiepie5
So if Walz says no, then what other current head coach in a power 5 conference with a proven record be available?

So are you saying that if Fulmer hires someone you think is a poor choice for a coach, you will celebrate the decision for a couple of days before you criticize the decision? What the hell is wrong with you?

Reactions: Tennesseefan2019
So are you saying that if Fulmer hires someone you think is a poor choice for a coach, you will celebrate the decision for a couple of days before you criticize the decision? What the hell is wrong with you?

You may want to calm down a little. :rolleyes:

How will ANY of us know whether Fulmer’s hire was good or bad until we’ve had an opportunity to see what product that coach puts on the floor? My point is that it makes no sense to be harsh critics until we find out that we, in FACT, have reason to be. Why must everyone assume the worst even before we see what someone can actually do as head coach of the Lady Vols?

Reactions: Smallvol#1
the Tennessee Lady Vols need and deserve nothing less than a first class coach who can restore a championship program

Truth. Now think @ how the last hire came about. :mad: That's a sad lack of leadership. I'm believing we have a real leader for once in a long time. He got 1/2 the job done. If he can close the 2nd 1/2 right, then I'll be convinced.

VN Store

Back