Is there any chance whatsoever...

tenor.gif

If Phil Fulmer goes cheap and hires a mid-major head coach or an assistant coach that new coach will not have my support and they will have to earn my support by their coaching.

A real Vol fan will support the Team. If and when a new coach shows that they cannot get the job done, then dropping support may be appropriate.

... that once Fulmer announces his choice, regardless of who it is, that there could be at least a day or two of celebration of a truly momentous time in women’s sport before the ravenous vultures among this fanbase attack his decision?

We should all be resting easy that Fulmer is going to make his decision only after talking to several candidates, as well as several key supporters.
In my fantasy world, the Lady Vol fanbase will show up next season in record numbers regardless of who the next coach is. It would certainly be a sweet way to pay tribute to the past while supporting the future. :)
No chance whatsoever

... that once Fulmer announces his choice, regardless of who it is, that there could be at least a day or two of celebration of a truly momentous time in women’s sport before the ravenous vultures among this fanbase attack his decision?

We should all be resting easy that Fulmer is going to make his decision only after talking to several candidates, as well as several key supporters.
In my fantasy world, the Lady Vol fanbase will show up next season in record numbers regardless of who the next coach is. It would certainly be a sweet way to pay tribute to the past while supporting the future. :)
No chance whatsoever
Most women's basketball head coaches had next to no experience in 1974
Most women's basketball coaches haven't won 8 National Championships either. She must have had a really bad coach when she was in school.

If Phil Fulmer goes cheap and hires a mid-major head coach or an assistant coach that new coach will not have my support and they will have to earn my support by their coaching.
So if he hires an expensive "name" coach, you will unequivocally support them even if they are horrible?

So if he hires an expensive "name" coach, you will unequivocally support them even if they are horrible?
An expensive nationally known head coach probably wont be a bad head coach. You have a much better chance of hiring a bad head coach if you hire a bargain basement cheap mid-major head coach or assistant coach.

Reactions: bullet20
Lets don't say that PF is up to the job of a great hire just yet. Basically his only big hire was a assistance coach with no head coach experience. Don't get me wrong I have no problem with the JP hire, think it was a very good hire. I have the wait and see attitude on where he goes with this hire.
From the rank of assistant coaches, Fulmer had thus far hired a tennis, a baseball and a football coach.

Reactions: Tennesseefan2019
Well thus far has actually hired a tennis, football and approved the hire of the volleyball coach. Curry hired Vitelo as baseball coach!

Reactions: bullet20

VN Store

Back