Is that Aaron Beasley next to Bailey???

You’re right. I should’ve specified that in the post you quoted like I did in others . I used the word IF, saying if he is guilty then I do not think he should be a member of the team.

Gotcha. Then I agree with you. If he is found guilty I don’t ever want to see him on campus again.

Hoping he is innocent and we have some more sweet sweet linebacker depth :)

Here's a topic.

How good is Aaron Beasley at linebacker?

As i said, you’re not changing my mind on this. I also have never thought that it’s ok to lay a hand on a female and be allowed back to school. I cannot and will not support a guy being on the team IF he is guilty of physically harming a kitten because it messed with his chicken wings . It’s a privilege to play football at Tennessee, and if you have so little respect for a living thing like a domesticated animal then my opinion is that you forfeit that privilege.

Why the disclaimer "domesticated "?

Why the disclaimer "domesticated "?
Because previously when I had this discussion with SJT he went into this whole deal about this very nice woman in his neighborhood that used to go and do the neighborhood a service and get rid of feral cats by drowning them in the river of something. I really didn’t want to go down that rabbit hole with him today.

Yeah
They all saying that crap and likely dont give two #@&!s about the horrible conditions on a chicken farm, or while theyre wolfing down veal.
You seem to be drawing a parallel between animals which are bred for slaughter, followed by human consumption, with animals that have been domesticated to keep as pets. Of course, there will be more compassion shown for a kitten, then there will be for a chicken on a farm. One serves the purpose of human companionship, while the other serves the purpose of human food production. Their functions and the purpose of their breeding are not equivalent with each other in the lives of humans.

Last edited:
Beasley will be back on the team....He deserves redemption... You guys that are mad are still probably mad at Vick too .. Roethlisberger is probably a God to y'all too 🤡

Reactions: CSVol
That would NOT be a punishment befitting the "crime" even if the accusations ARE true. Don't know if you are a parent... but I hope you don't kick your kids out of the house that quickly.

Seriously, you guys are painting him like he's a mass murderer.
I'm almost, or more, offended by someone who will defend someone who hurt an innocent animal. Personally, I don't want that character near me. I'm almost nearly more offended by someone who would defend that action. Boy needs help. Kick one of my animals sir, see what happens.

I know you do. We’ve been over it . You’re not changing my mind on the subject no matter how you try to justify it through the relevance of life. Not saying he should go to jail, I just don’t want him representing our school on our football team.
Agree, sjt18's brother hit a cat with a baseball bat or something when they were kids so this is a personal issue for him.

Last edited:
Reactions: VolFaninFla
I'm almost, or more, offended by someone who will defend someone who hurt an innocent animal.
Who is doing that? As so many times happens here, too many people are locked into an "either/or". In this case, either nothing is done or he's kicked off the team. There are a LOT of possibilities between those two poles. I think he should get counseled, pay the vet bills, and work some sort of community service. Preferably cleaning out kennels.

But unless this is a pattern of behavior it would be beyond ridiculous to kick him off the team. That is especially true in light of things that happen every year across CFB to include UT that somehow don't seem to upset many of you so much.

Personally, I don't want that character near me. I'm almost nearly more offended by someone who would defend that action. Boy needs help. Kick one of my animals sir, see what happens.
Are you consistent in that attitude toward people who do bad things to human beings (at all stages of life)?

I neither approve of kicking animals, abusing animals otherwise, or.... dropping the hammer on someone for doing so in an isolated instance.

I did some things when I was his age that could have literally ruined my life had someone taken the hardline approach that you and others are with him. Maybe you didn't do any of those things. Some young people are that good and wise (not being a smart aleck). But most of us seem to do stupid or even "evil" things and need grace and redemption from someone.

I wouldn't paint him as a mass murderer, and I don't want to see his life messed up going forward, but seriously, there needs to be some sort of psychological evaluation if the charges are true.
Agree. He should be counseled and may need some monitoring if he cannot control his rage. He should be punished in a significant way. It seems that a Heupel/White are severe enough that a couple of players have already decided to leave rather than deal with what it took to work their way back. Some were kicked off outright more than likely. But unless there have been charges that aren't public... a couple could have worked their way back.

It just isn't normal to be able to pick up a little kitten and abuse it--it just isn't.
People who can't control their anger do a lot of things that aren't normal and aren't even consistent with their own typical behavior.

There would have to be some scary underlying issues there.
Again... he didn't commit Assault and Battery much less murder anyone. It may not be "scary" issues but someone who got angry and did something they shouldn't have done and would not have otherwise done.

IF this is a pattern of behavior then I would actually agree with the more extreme folks here. He needs help and doesn't need to be while trying to balance football and school.
If they bring him back, I'll trust that they did their due diligence. I think Heupel is just wired that way.
Agreed.

There are too many here who want to claim that folks like me do not "care" about what he did or do not think it is a really bad thing (if true as described by the rumors). I do. But based on the info we have, I think he should get a chance to redeem himself and stay on the team.

Reactions: dd4vols

VN Store

Back