Is that Aaron Beasley next to Bailey???

Is the guy on the back row with the orange hoodie or towel over his head Kivon Bennett?

I know you do. We’ve been over it . You’re not changing my mind on the subject no matter how you try to justify it through the relevance of life. Not saying he should go to jail, I just don’t want him representing our school on our football team.
He should get a chance at redemption just like Thompson and many others have unless he has a pattern of behavior. What he did is not worse than physically abusing a girlfriend or beating up on a weakling or a myriad of other things that guys have gotten a chance to overcome while staying at UT... and pretty much every other P-5 program.

He should get a chance at redemption just like Thompson and many others have unless he has a pattern of behavior. What he did is not worse than physically abusing a girlfriend or beating up on a weakling or a myriad of other things that guys have gotten a chance to overcome while staying at UT... and pretty much every other P-5 program.
As i said, you’re not changing my mind on this. I also have never thought that it’s ok to lay a hand on a female and be allowed back to school. I cannot and will not support a guy being on the team IF he is guilty of physically harming a kitten because it messed with his chicken wings . It’s a privilege to play football at Tennessee, and if you have so little respect for a living thing like a domesticated animal then my opinion is that you forfeit that privilege.

As i said, you’re not changing my mind on this. I also have never thought that it’s ok to lay a hand on a female and be allowed back to school. I cannot and will not support a guy being on the team IF he is guilty of physically harming a kitten because it messed with his chicken wings . It’s a privilege to play football at Tennessee, and if you have so little respect for a living thing like a domesticated animal then my opinion is that you forfeit that privilege.
While I agree with 99% of what you said, and I am certainly not trying to change you mind, I would offer that SOMEONE needs to teach him the value of life, its fragility, and the value of his opportunity.

If that's CJH, and he is willing to take that chance, or even better, teach this kid some much needed respect and life lessons, then who am I to judge him for that? I will HOPE this is the case until I am proven wrong. If that happens, I will be 100% in agreement with you.

If he learns how to be a better person, human, role model, and football player, then everyone wins. JMO of course

That's really pretty ridiculous. It is. I'm sure there's been a point in your life when someone gave you a chance to redeem yourself. You would not be where and who you are without that grace and forgiveness. This kid didn't kill 8 million people in concentration camps. In fact, we don't know exactly what he did do outside of the accusation of someone who may or may not be telling the full truth.

Your mind should be open to change. Mine is. I've seen nothing from any of you but emotion driven condemnation... lacking any sort of balance.

While I agree with 99% of what you said, and I am certainly not trying to change you mind, I would offer that SOMEONE needs to teach him the value of life, its fragility, and the value of his opportunity.

If that's CJH, and he is willing to take that chance, or even better, teach this kid some much needed respect and life lessons, then who am I to judge him for that? I will HOPE this is the case until I am proven wrong. If that happens, I will be 100% in agreement with you.

If he learns how to be a better person, human, role model, and football player, then everyone wins. JMO of course
I’m not saying he needs to have his life destroyed, but certain actions have consequences. This to me is an extreme action and one that I think should take more than just stadium steps and what other cookie cutter punishment coaches have leveled in the past. I don’t see this sort of behavior as normal. It’s the first instance I’m aware of involving an athlete at Tennessee hurting a defenseless animal. I think if he is allowed back there needs to be extensive benchmarks met that satisfies not just the coaches or teammates, but peers on campus as well.

That's really pretty ridiculous. It is. I'm sure there's been a point in your life when someone gave you a chance to redeem yourself. You would not be where and who you are without that grace and forgiveness. This kid didn't kill 8 million people in concentration camps. In fact, we don't know exactly what he did do outside of the accusation of someone who may or may not be telling the full truth.

Your mind should be open to change. Mine is. I've seen nothing from any of you but emotion driven condemnation... lacking any sort of balance.
Actually it’s not. I don’t want to get into this with you again . I know where you are on this and you know where I am .

Last edited:

I agree with both of you at the same time. It's a tough call. And, as with most of these kinds of situations, a lot should depend on the kid's history, his contriteness and his willingness to accept treatment. We don't know the details. But even if it is as bad as it sounds, conditioning and poor role-modeling is likely to have led him to believe this was somehow acceptable. When you're a kid trying to become an adult, you start to learn that the rest of the world isn't like how you were raised. A lot of the right kind of education and mentoring can have a profound effect on someone his age. There are few things more powerful than redemption. He's at a cross-roads either way. Until he shows me different, I will trust Heupel to make the call.

VN Store

Back