Is Debord a place holder for Manning?

That's why he SHOULD be held in the same regard as Manning around here.

No disrespect to Casey but nobody other than Reggie White belongs in the same category with Peyton. Because they are arguably the greatest defensive and offensive players who ever played the game of football. The impact those two had on the program is much greater than what anyone else has ever had (and most likely their accomplishments will never be surpassed). How many HS players know or care that Clausen ever played for UT? At the same time Manning's name can still be used for recruiting etc.

Reactions: 1 person
Peyton Manning is NOT coming to Tennessee ever as an assistant coach

Or HEAD COACH, he wont every coach at any level, i seen where when his playing days are over he might go into the Front office of a NFL TEAM like Elway, i can see him doing that.

At least he knows how to beat Florida

Those losses had far more to do with our defenses being abused by Spurrier than anything Peyton did (even though he also did not play his best in those games). Unfortunately this was the one matchup where our otherwise great DC Chief came up short. By the way, below are the scores of UF games Peyton's teams lost to UF. Other than when he was a freshman (I believe his 3rd UT game?) his offenses scored plenty vs UF - for sure enough to win at least 2 if not even 3 of those games with better play by defense.

September 17, 1994 Knoxville, TN Florida 31–0
September 16, 1995 Gainesville, FL Florida 62–37
September 21, 1996 Knoxville, TN Florida 35–29
September 20, 1997 Gainesville, FL Florida 33–20

No disrespect to Casey but nobody other than Reggie White belongs in the same category with Peyton. Because they are arguably the greatest defensive and offensive players who ever played the game of football. The impact those two had on the program is much greater than what anyone else has ever had (and most likely their accomplishments will never be surpassed). How many HS players know or care that Clausen ever played for UT? At the same time Manning's name can still be used for recruiting etc.

Florida.
4th and 19 in overtime against bama.
That's all.
Not Casey's fault none of that gets the publicity it should.

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    31.1 KB · Views: 95
People got to give up on the Manning coming back to take the helm. He will probably be in Nashville owning the titans before he is back in Knoxville calling plays

Those losses had far more to do with our defenses being abused by Spurrier than anything Peyton did (even though he also did not play his best in those games). Unfortunately this was the one matchup where our otherwise great DC Chief came up short. By the way, below are the scores of UF games Peyton's teams lost to UF. Other than when he was a freshman (I believe his 3rd UT game?) his offenses scored plenty vs UF - for sure enough to win at least 2 if not even 3 of those games with better play by defense.

September 17, 1994 Knoxville, TN Florida 31–0
September 16, 1995 Gainesville, FL Florida 62–37
September 21, 1996 Knoxville, TN Florida 35–29
September 20, 1997 Gainesville, FL Florida 33–20

That 1996 game looks a lot closer than it really was. I think it was 35-0 in the first half. Miserable rainy day. Lots of meaningless points scored by UT.

I never see Manning coming back to UT in any official capacity. If hes going to be a coach (al-la Harbaugh) I dont think it will be at Tennessee.

Manning passed up the chance to play for the Titans when he had the chance, I believe it was because of the unreal expectations. I think the same would be true at Tennessee.

I mean, what if he sucked at it. Like, sucked bad. It would forever tarnish his legacy at UT. If he was smart, he'd stay away and let his legend be left as it is.

Peyton will never coach at UT, Never!

He'll also never own the Titans as the ownership isn't interested in selling any part of the Titans.

If Peyton coaches it will be in the NFL where he never has to recruit high school kids and in the NFL he'll have lots more time off for his family.

We'll know soon enough what he'll do because he doesn't have too many more years playing in the NFL and when he hangs up his cleats it will indeed be a sad day for millions of people.

#BrickbyBrick...VFL...GBO!!!

I can't imagine why anybody with that much money would want to be a GM.

I can't either but someone with as much drive as Manning has probably wouldn't be content with just playing golf and fishing for retirement. He pretty much can do whatever he chooses, it wouldn't entirely shock me for him to do something football related possibly in management. Coaching would be pretty shocking but who knows.

VN Store

Back