Is Debord a place holder for Manning?

Manning will never, ever be a coach...period. At most he takes a rOle with a NFL team's head office( example: John Elway ). Most likely, he will never work another day in his life. He has made a pretty hefty fortune through salary and endorsements. Look at it this way, had you hit the powerball jackpot would you be back at work? I doubt it. He already has hit his jackpot. To think he would ever in a million years coach here is downright delusional and plain dumb.

He may have to start delivering pizzas if he gets any more Papa Johns franchises.

Probably more likely outcome than becoming our OC.

Reactions: 1 person
Its not likely at all but no more ridiculous a thought than people bombing on the OP as if they have one freaking clue what Peyton Manning will do when he retires.

Disagree. It's been reported many, many times that Manning wants to be part of an NFL ownership group after he retires. There's plenty of documentation from credible sources that those are his likely plans. It's much, MUCH less ridiculous to assume that those are his aspirations than to think he's gonna come be a OC at UT, based on the speculation of a handful of VNers who seem to be pulling the idea out of their collective arses.

I know this way out there. But you kind of wonder if Debord is just going to keep a seat warm for the next year or so until Manning decides to retire. Maybe he wants to OC at TN for a while before jumping into the pro's and coaching.

Check my metrics.

too bad you cant go back and put blue font on this entire mess

I have posted in here many times the last few years that I believe Manning ends up coaching UT at some point in the future. People will get on here and say all the reasons he won't. But I'll still hold that I believe it'll happen one day. And I believe it for three reasons. First, what made his so great as a player was his mind...not his mechanics of anything else. He was always the best coach in the stadium. I just so happened that he was on the field. And secondly, he lives the TN the program and loves tn as a place to live. Thirdly, he is such a hard working, high energy guy. I just can't imagine him retiring and not wanting to continue to work hard. And what else is he going to do besides football. I'll happen on day!

When he retires, I have no doubt he'll continue to work hard....as an NFL owner, as a franchise owner, as a pitchman, as the face of his Peyback Foundation, as an instructor at the Manning Passing Academy..... not as an employee of Tennessee's head football coach.

I generally hope that Peyton never coaches at UT, because if he does and has a couple losing season I know exactly what our fan base will do.

Reactions: 2 people
This is a subject that should never be brought up again on this site. PM will never be a coach at UT, he may own a team one day but why in the hell would he want to deal with all the issues of college coaching at a school where he is looked at like s god.

I know this way out there. But you kind of wonder if Debord is just going to keep a seat warm for the next year or so until Manning decides to retire. Maybe he wants to OC at TN for a while before jumping into the pro's and coaching.

Check my metrics.

Attachments

• giphy-26.gif
    giphy-26.gif
    3.4 MB · Views: 129

Check my metrics.

Thanks for the laugh.

Reactions: 2 people
The real question - does this rank in the top 10% of ridiculous posts ever? Count me in for a yes.

"Hey Mr. AD, how about I go out and hire a big fat old guy who's massive buns can keep the OC seat warm until Manning begs for a job here". Good grief people. Please stop this.

I generally hope that Peyton never coaches at UT, because if he does and has a couple losing season I know exactly what our fan base will do.

Probably the best post of this ridiculous thread. Can you imagine what would happen to Peyton as OC the first time he gets clobbered by UF?

There is one reason.....and one reason only.....that I cannot see Peyton ever coaching on The Hill. It's the same reason that I would never want him to......the fan base.

We have serious issues as a fan base. We are very quick to turn on players, leadership, and each other when things don't go our way. Why on earth would we want to put Peyton in a position where a lack of performance could tarnish the image or arguably the Greatest Living Volunteer? More importantly, why would he choose to put himself in that position. He's undoubtedly seen what we have done to his coach, to Johnny Majors, to Arian Foster, and a host of others who have bled Orange but may have endured moments of diminished success for one reason or another.

I never want to be put in a position to see Peyton in anything other than a reverent light where this University is concerned. He's done too much....and will continue to. Once he leaves the league he will take a proper place among our other great "boosters". You know the names I am referring to. He's the guy that will provide the planes, the funding, and hopefully the guidance in the future. That's his place, and should remain so.

Reactions: 3 people
You're a better man than I am. I'd be doing some hard clowning on here if I were you...or maybe you ARE?

1012445.gif

That VFL is legit.

Holloway has stayed on the administrative side of things for the last 25 years and not on the sidelines. He still has his legacy and has not been fired/resigned/left/rejected an offer unlike every coach during his tenure until Butch and staff were hired. That's about the only thing I could see someone like Peyton in. Too much risk with a fan base that worships his every move.

There is one reason.....and one reason only.....that I cannot see Peyton ever coaching on The Hill. It's the same reason that I would never want him to......the fan base.

We have serious issues as a fan base. We are very quick to turn on players, leadership, and each other when things don't go our way. Why on earth would we want to put Peyton in a position where a lack of performance could tarnish the image or arguably the Greatest Living Volunteer? More importantly, why would he choose to put himself in that position. He's undoubtedly seen what we have done to his coach, to Johnny Majors, to Arian Foster, and a host of others who have bled Orange but may have endured moments of diminished success for one reason or another.

I never want to be put in a position to see Peyton in anything other than a reverent light where this University is concerned. He's done too much....and will continue to. Once he leaves the league he will take a proper place among our other great "boosters". You know the names I am referring to. He's the guy that will provide the planes, the funding, and hopefully the guidance in the future. That's his place, and should remain so.

There's a better chance of Gus Manning becoming Offensive Coordinator than Peyton Manning :eek:lol:

If ever there was a player who is a natural born coach it's Peyton. It is just in him to coach. While at UT, Peyton coached as much, if not more, than any paid UT coach during practice. Would not surprise me at all.

If ever there was a player who is a natural born coach it's Peyton. It is just in him to coach. While at UT, Peyton coached as much, if not more, than any paid UT coach during practice. Would not surprise me at all.

It wouldn't either. He has ties to TN. If he wants to be a molder of men then UT is the place to do it. Owning an NFL team is nice but isn't all that glamorous. Just look at the Browns... What a mess

It wouldn't either. He has ties to TN. If he wants to be a molder of men then UT is the place to do it. Owning an NFL team is nice but isn't all that glamorous. Just look at the Browns... What a mess

I'd say Jerry Jones leads a pretty glamourous life as owner of the Cowboys.

Check my metrics.

I just lost 5 IQ points from reading this post.

dear god no! Wth? From all accounts, peyton aspires to own papa johns. He's not gonna lower himself to being a collegiate oc. Why does this question continually get asked by ut fans. It's ridiculous, let it go folks. For crying out loud.

fyp

VN Store

Back