Is Debord a place holder for Manning?

would it be possible to see him in a athletic director position when hes an older man?...say after his years running for office or becoming a player on snl?

I think the only "job" he may ever have after retiring, is an owner or GM of a pro team (Think Elway).
If, if, he ever became a coach at TENN, would you want to be the person who would have to fire him if things went South.

If I had wrapped up the career Peyton had, I'd be coordinating...my fishing line, from the banks of the river flowing by my Alaska cabin, in the middle of nowhere.

Reactions: 5 people
Peyton can coach if he wants but why would he want to? If he wants to keep working I bet espn would love to have him as an analyst. Similar money with much less work and he is still involved in the game. I could see him doing the owner thing too. I'm not saying its impossible but there are reasons most NFL stars don't coach after they retire.

Its not likely at all but no more ridiculous a thought than people bombing on the OP as if they have one freaking clue what Peyton Manning will do when he retires.

Reactions: 1 person
I think we often confuse the issue on the whole Peyton coaching at UT question.

COULD Manning kill it on the collegiate level? Absolutely!!

Would he want to? Probably not.....

Would VN want him to? You bet your azz!!!

I think owning a NFL franchise, running for political office, or just being a super rich guy are all more likely futures for Manning than sitting in a living room somewhere trying to convince some punk ass kid to come to UT.

I'm going to apply Betteridges Law of Headlines to message board thread titles:

"Any headline which ends in a question mark can be answered by the word no."

Its not likely at all but no more ridiculous a thought than people bombing on the OP as if they have one freaking clue what Peyton Manning will do when he retires.

Umm...It's kind of ridiculous to:

A) Assume that someone with no experience as an OC would waltz in and immediately take that position.

B) That a multimillionaire would want to deal with the stress/scrutiny that goes into that position.

I know this way out there. But you kind of wonder if Debord is just going to keep a seat warm for the next year or so until Manning decides to retire. Maybe he wants to OC at TN for a while before jumping into the pro's and coaching.

Check my metrics.

57997189.jpg

Umm...It's kind of ridiculous to:

A) Assume that someone with no experience as an OC would waltz in and immediately take that position.

B) That a multimillionaire would want to deal with the stress/scrutiny that goes into that position.

Even position coaches are multi million acres. Agreed on point A.

If Peyton holds a position at UT at any point in the future it would be Athletic Director. His coaching career would certainly seem to be in the NFL. He will have the opportunity to go straight from playing into an NFL O.C. position.

Manning is going into broadcasting when his NFL career is over. He was a communications major in college.

would it be possible to see him in a athletic director position when hes an older man?...say after his years running for office or becoming a player on snl?

If Peyton one day wanted to be a part of the University, I could see AD or even University President, but never as a coach on the staff.

I think way too many of you are over glamorizing a job as OC at UT versus all the other options Manning will have when he retires. Manning wants absolutely no part of coaching ANYWHERE near UT.

Manning will never, ever be a coach...period. At most he takes a rOle with a NFL team's head office( example: John Elway ). Most likely, he will never work another day in his life. He has made a pretty hefty fortune through salary and endorsements. Look at it this way, had you hit the powerball jackpot would you be back at work? I doubt it. He already has hit his jackpot. To think he would ever in a million years coach here is downright delusional and plain dumb.

Peyton our OC:no: He will never coach at any level i have seen where his Dad said there is no way Peyton would get into coaching.

I have posted in here many times the last few years that I believe Manning ends up coaching UT at some point in the future. People will get on here and say all the reasons he won't. But I'll still hold that I believe it'll happen one day. And I believe it for three reasons. First, what made his so great as a player was his mind...not his mechanics of anything else. He was always the best coach in the stadium. I just so happened that he was on the field. And secondly, he lives the TN the program and loves tn as a place to live. Thirdly, he is such a hard working, high energy guy. I just can't imagine him retiring and not wanting to continue to work hard. And what else is he going to do besides football. I'll happen on day!

VN Store

Back