Is Chaney a possibility?

Is making 995,000 per year at UGA. Would he even entertain the idea of leaving the trainload of talent right now at UGA for another stint at TN and an extra quarter of a million dollars a year ?

I personally would be okay with it but it simply is not going to happen. I felt like Chaney did a great job in his time here. He has a super sweet gig where he is now and is looking for his first natty ring.

I don't know that he would leave, but who knows ? Maybe he is just as content as can be where he's at right now or ... Maybe he's not all that happy living in Athens, maybe he doesn't get along that well with Smart or other staff members, maybe he'd just love the challenge of the job or maybe he'd just love a quarter million or more in the bank account yearly ? Never know until you ask and that's a certainty ! A question worth asking IMO.

Chaney and Pittman back on the hill would be amazing but as we all know, Tennessee fans aren’t allowed to have nice things anymore.

If we're stealing anyone from UGA Sam Pittman needs to be at the top of the list

**Absolutely agree with you on Pittman...the best offensive line coach in college football. When Dooley was fired, Pittman wanted to stay at UT. Then "knuckle head" Jones brought his own OL coach with him that was an absolute disaster.

Unless he just loved Knoxville or doesn’t like Kirby, I don’t know why he would. UGA can match whatever we are willing to pay and he is playing for championships as opposed to ground up rebuild.

It was posted earlier that neither Pittman nor Chaney like or get along with Kirby.

what a pipe dream. I'm usually called a Tennessee homer but this is dangerous levels.

Why the hell would he leave a boat load of talent at UGA and a title contender for a team that hasn't been to a bowl game the last 2 yr and could barely get a first down against UNC-Charlotte

Apparently like it here a lot. I heard a few ramblings that they may of came last year if offered.

It would be career suicide to leave the QB room in Athens and head to Knoxville. Especially if he swings by the UGA OLine room to say bye, and takes a look at what we have on the roster.

Again I don't know that he would consider leaving, but I think Chaneys career is well established enough and he's earned enough respect around the country that a year of struggling at a new gig wouldn't mean anything remotely close to career suicide for him.

Last edited:
You got something to say to me Z?

peppers.jpg

Gave me a bad feeling to see folks posting someone's unfortunate appearance for a laugh.

I'll never forget Chaney's comments after he did the "Derek Dooley Show" when he coached the last game and beat KY. He said he would love to stay at UT and do whatever they needed him to do (paraphrasing here). I liked him and we scored points when Tyler Bray had his head on straight. I don't think he gives up the latitude that Smart has given him nor the talent he has at UGA to come back here at this point though.
Well, he wouldn’t have tolerated Butch for more than one season. I knew coach when he was here and he’d of read through his **** real fast. Pittman wanted to stay as well.
If Butch had hired Chaney and Pittman it’s likely Bray would have stayed. Who knows what would have happened.

VN Store

Back