Is Chaney a possibility?

Money Talks

anigif_enhanced-12005-1428334432-2.gif

Last edited:
Unless he just loved Knoxville or doesn’t like Kirby, I don’t know why he would. UGA can match whatever we are willing to pay and he is playing for championships as opposed to ground up rebuild.

I'll never forget Chaney's comments after he did the "Derek Dooley Show" when he coached the last game and beat KY. He said he would love to stay at UT and do whatever they needed him to do (paraphrasing here). I liked him and we scored points when Tyler Bray had his head on straight. I don't think he gives up the latitude that Smart has given him nor the talent he has at UGA to come back here at this point though.

Is making 995,000 per year at UGA. Would he even entertain the idea of leaving the trainload of talent right now at UGA for another stint at TN and an extra quarter of a million dollars a year ?
I think he would he loved Tennessee and get Pittman someway somehow and keep Friend. We need all the coaching we can get.

Jim stayed from Kiffin to Dooley and supposedly loved Knoxville. Seriously doubt he'd leave though.

what a pipe dream. I'm usually called a Tennessee homer but this is dangerous levels.

Why the hell would he leave a boat load of talent at UGA and a title contender for a team that hasn't been to a bowl game the last 2 yr and could barely get a first down against UNC-Charlotte

what a pipe dream. I'm usually called a Tennessee homer but this is dangerous levels.

Why the hell would he leave a boat load of talent at UGA and a title contender for a team that hasn't been to a bowl game the last 2 yr and could barely get a first down against UNC-Charlotte
They loved Knoxville and with there pedigree love a challenge.

VN Store

Back