Is Brandon Huntley Hatfield one and done?

rocky200663

Just wondering because I believe he re-classified so don't know if that would mean he has to stay 2 years or if he can go ahead and declare after this season?

RhodesVol

Just wondering because I believe he re-classified so don't know if that would mean he has to stay 2 years or if he can go ahead and declare after this season?
He doesn't have to stay two years, I don't believe, but I anticipate he won't have the draft stock to go after this season. I could certainly be wrong, but I see Chandler as the only 1 and done player on this roster. The season could change that, though.

TheMookieMonster

Should he go and will he go are two different questions. There is a very good chance he sees himself as a one-year player no matter what, and he might leave even if it’s not warranted. We’ll see how things shake out.

golfballs

Mostly Peaceful Poster
If I had to guess, I’d say yes. He looked pretty good to me last night in his very first game and there’s a ton of opportunity for playing time in our front court. I expect he’ll improve defensively through the year and be a top prospect given his age and experience.

tennrich1

I think BHH will be an exceptional prospect but he’ll need to work on his aggressiveness and learn how to use his clearly physical advantage. Other words …that kid has a NBA-ready physique now IMO.

LucidZ

He could potentially, but I think he has a bit more to prove on the court than the likes of someone like Chandler. I mean if he really shows out as the season goes on, he could be. I think maybe he'll be here another year.

i2amavol

I tend to think he will be drafted high after this year. He has the physical tools, and he seems to do a lot of the little things necessary to succeed. I know a lot has been said about a bit of lackadaisical attitude, but I think that may be overstated.

He's not the sure thing that Chandler is, but I think we have just seen the tip of the iceberg with him.

rdk4121

Yes,, but he was held back a year, too. So, his age is right on, for most freshmen in their first year of college right out of high school
He just turned 18 in August, so not really. That would be really young for his grade. Cutoff is usually in July for a grade. Doesn't matter, he'll be draft eligible regardless I believe.

VN Store