Is anyone else feeling the same way I'm feeling? (Regarding JJ)

Will Jauan Jennings play on Saturdays?

• Yes, he will be a force

Votes: 273 62.0%
  • Yes, but not much

Votes: 124 28.2%
  • No, that ship has sailed

Votes: 39 8.9%
  • Who is Jauan Jennings?

Votes: 4 0.9%

• Total voters
If JJ can play he will, he has an NFL career riding on it, but I worry his knee won’t let him.

JJ is a dawg and when the lights come on, he is ready to play. He will have a great season barring injury, and I believe he will be healthy this year.

In 2016 (his most productive season), he had 1 100+ yard game, and that was the Florida game (111). I believe a single play made up for close to half of those yards.

His other memorable game was obviously the UGA Hail Mary. His totals in that one were 3 catches for 71 yards. I believe he got 50+ off that single play.

The other games:
App State - 1 catch, no gain
VT - 2 catches, 7 yards
Ohio - 3 catches, 24 yards
A&M - 5 catches, 68 yards
Bama - 3, 20 yards
Sc - 3, 54 yards
TNTC - 2, 5 yards
UK - 1, 19 yards
Mizz - 4, 67 yards
Vandy - 4, 75 yards

Also, it seems as if about 35% don’t think he will contribute much.

According to the poll...

Inspired by the JJ Peterson poll, I have to wonder if you guys are having similar thoughts about Jauan Jennings. Do we see him again on Saturdays, or has that ship sailed?

I think he ends up like Justin Hunter and we never see the same player.

Reactions: VolAllen
Inspired by the JJ Peterson poll, I have to wonder if you guys are having similar thoughts about Jauan Jennings. Do we see him again on Saturdays, or has that ship sailed?

How could that ship have already sailed?
Time will tell if JJ plays in the league, but, this could be a big year for JJ as he has gained more expierence and learned a few valuable lessons, hopefully

1534594991501.gif

I hate to say this but I do not expect much from JJ this year. I think he is only an average receiver overall. Yes he has Mae some spectacular catches on Hail Mary's but otherwise what has he done?

You don't comprehend football, do you op?

That's what your post suggests, JJ shouldn't have to prove himself to you, everyone already knows he's a very capable receiver
Go Vols

That's what your post suggests, JJ shouldn't have to prove himself to you, everyone already knows he's a very capable receiver
Go Vols

When you make comments like that, it tells me that it’s you who doesn’t comprehend football. JJ’s stats are average at best, yet you believe him to be All SEC. Maybe take off the orange glasses and realize that he’s really not that great?

Go Vols

And why address me (the OP), but quote another forum member. Maybe you don’t comprehend using a message board?

Reactions: 508mikey
In 2016 (his most productive season), he had 1 100+ yard game, and that was the Florida game (111). I believe a single play made up for close to half of those yards.

His other memorable game was obviously the UGA Hail Mary. His totals in that one were 3 catches for 71 yards. I believe he got 50+ off that single play.

The other games:
App State - 1 catch, no gain
VT - 2 catches, 7 yards
Ohio - 3 catches, 24 yards
A&M - 5 catches, 68 yards
Bama - 3, 20 yards
Sc - 3, 54 yards
TNTC - 2, 5 yards
UK - 1, 19 yards
Mizz - 4, 67 yards
Vandy - 4, 75 yards
Take into consideration a rookie qb and virtually no O line. It’s the eye test for me. Those numbers don’t take away from what I see. He lays the wood on blocks and is strong enough to win any 1 on 1 with a well thrown ball. Dude is a bully on the field.

Take into consideration a rookie qb and virtually no O line. It’s the eye test for me. Those numbers don’t take away from what I see. He lays the wood on blocks and is strong enough to win any 1 on 1 with a well thrown ball. Dude is a bully on the field.

Those stats were from Dobbs senior season.

Would not mind at all seeing him lay people out on kickoffs. He can ball, just hope we have a qb that can throw. Until then he's like all the Wrs.....average. I also don't think we are going to be a pass heavy offense.

When you make comments like that, it tells me that it’s you who doesn’t comprehend football. JJ’s stats are average at best, yet you believe him to be All SEC. Maybe take off the orange glasses and realize that he’s really not that great?
JJ is the most physical receiver we've had in a long time. I won't debate with you regarding the stats you shared other than to say do you realize the defense keyed on him when he was in the game freeing up other players with single coverage? I feel confident he will play and start this year. We haven't had a receiver block and be physical like JJ does in a long time. He never takes a play off and is an exceptional down field blocker.

I think there is a lot of people misjudging JJ. I spoke to a father of a 3 year starter about 18 months ago and he shared a lot of stories about Juan. JJ is an ultra-competitive player who probably lets that get in his way sometimes. However, let's not forget, Pruitt laid out what JJ had to do to get back on the team and said the steps were extremely difficult with no second chances. Pruitt painted a picture that it would be unlikely anyone could live up to those standards and yet JJ satisfied every requirement. He's hungry and realizes this is a make or break year for him. Based on what I've heard first hand about JJ, I think you will be eating some crow when this season is over.

I think he's a solid player when healthy. Based on two plays, he became somewhat of a legend. That's season Malone almost doubled JJ's production but was always referred to as "soft"

To me, it has a Da'Rick Rogers feel to it.

No way, JJ is probably one of the toughest Vols on scholly. If he's not out there, he's hurt. The young man is a play maker and I'd share a foxhole facing a suicide bayonet charge with him any day of the week.

I predict that Jauan Jennings will lead the SEC in receiving and have no less than 15 touchdowns this season. He’s got future Hall of Famer written all over him and that’s why I have him ranked number 1 in my 2019 NFL Draft Prospect Rankings and have him going 1st overall in my 2019 Mock Draft.

Not only does his face indicate that he’s remorseful of past mistakes, his physique and frame remind me of a young Larry Fitzgerald—ever heard of him?

I predict that after Big Ben goes down and Joshua Dobbs leads the Steelers to a Super Bowl victory they will trade up to get the first overall pick and the Dobbs to Jennings connection will be stronger than ever.

Trust me, I’m never wrong about this stuff.
Alrighty then. Now. Don't get me wrong, IndyVol. I'm in total agreement that JJ will be a force to be reckoned with this season, AND that he just may be likewise in the NFL. I also agree that Rocket Man will wind up being valuable for either the Steelers, or for some other NFL bunch who're interested in picking up a bona fide game winner.....but. My question to you is...Where's the blue font? I mean...jeeesh! D4H lives on?

Alrighty then. Now. Don't get me wrong, IndyVol. I'm in total agreement that JJ will be a force to be reckoned with this season, AND that he just may be likewise in the NFL. I also agree that Rocket Man will wind up being valuable for either the Steelers, or for some other NFL bunch who're interested in picking up a bona fide game winner.....but. My question to you is...Where's the blue font? I mean...jeeesh! D4H lives on?
It’s a D4H parody

Physically I think he’s average, but his great competitiveness makes him a very good receiver.

VN Store

Back