Introducing the UT '07 Class

I wasn't talking to you rick, I was talking to rex. If we can put him in prep, he will go to Hargrave if possible, if not then FU. My guess is JUCO though.

My crystal ball is showing me the #1 Recruiting Class in the country...(star ranking represents end of season ranking). You think I am kidding, but wait and see my Nostradamus like skills at work.

5-Star
Dwight Jones, WR
Brent Vinson, WR
Craig Cooper, RB
Chris Donald, OLB
Marvin Austin, DT
Eric Berry, CB

4-Star
Rae Sykes, DE (sign and place)
Chris Walker, DE/OLB
Deshaun Barnes, OLB/S
Gerald Jones, S/WR (sign and place)
Art Evans, S/WR
Ahmad Paige, WR
Todd Campbell, WR
Roderick Davis, WR
Kaniela Tuipuloto, DT
CJ Fleming, CB
Dale Martin, RB
Dennis Rogan, RB/KR/PR (sign and place)
Daryl Vereen, RB/KR/PR
BJ Coleman, QB
Travaris Cadet, QB/ATH (sign and place)
Cody Pope, OL
Matt Romine, OL
Darris Sawtelle, OL

3-Star
Anthony Anderson, WR/S
Tyler Maples, WR/S
Josh Hawkins, RB/LB
Kevin Cooper, FB
Alonzo Winfield, OLB
Cory Hall, DE (sign and place)

The image in my crystal ball is becoming more clear. A couple of hazy names have become more clear. It appears that the staff has decided they will accept the commitment of longtime UT lean Rufus Williams, so his name should be added as a potential 4-star DE. Roderick Davis' name was mistakingly included because it now looks like he will end up outside of Knoxville because he wants immediate playing time that he will not be able to get at UTK, plus he has an infant daughter that is going to cause him to stay closer to home. It also looks like Matt Romine's name was misread. It should be replaced by Kristopher O'Dowd. Romine is a lock to Notre Dame, unfortunately. But, O'Dowd has already taken a visit to UTK and came away very impressed. He is a stud and could be an immediate contributor on the offensive line.

He is right now. Thats why I said "potential" 4-star because there is some talk around rivals that he is one of the many 3-star players that has a good chance at moving up to a 4-star. Rivals will readjust the rankings again before the class if finalized.

He is right now. Thats why I said "potential" 4-star because there is some talk around rivals that he is one of the many 3-star players that has a good chance at moving up to a 4-star. Rivals will readjust the rankings again before the class if finalized.
I don't see why it really matters if he is moved up to 4* or not. He will still be the same player if he is a 3* or if he is moved up to a 4*. Moving him from 3* to 4* will not increase his level of play on the field.

Nope, it makes no difference in his performance. But, some fans will be overjoyed because they feel the difference between a 3-star and 4-star is make or break.

Although, I agree that it wont change his performance I do think it does mean something. It means that the evaluators look at what he has done this year and how he has grown physically and they agree that he is a better player than they thought when they last ranked the players. So, it does have some meaning.

like it or not we have a ranking system and there is a top 25 in recruiting and it pains me to be looking up at so many SEC rivals

As I recall, he basically only had Florida State and LSU as his top schools. But I guess during his 'decision day', he decided LSU wasn't for him and still hasn't decided.

Looks like a stud WR, though.

he is scheduled to visit and only has a soft verbal listed for FreeShoesU.

why isnt our recruiting gearing towards some new meat on the offensive line?

he is scheduled to visit and only has a soft verbal listed for FreeShoesU.

why isnt our recruiting gearing towards some new meat on the offensive line?

We've already got a bunch of young talent on the O-line. They just need experience and they need to develop. I think they'll probably sign a couple more big men in this class.

Paige is not feeling great about FSU right now and LSU was a little late offering him. He really likes Trooper, but he probably isn't a guy that will get much PT next year unless he gains some serious weight.

Paige will definitely be a player, just not next year. Dwight Jones on the other hand could start from day 1.

I think getting 2 would be nice, because we have a great chance at landing Berry. Austin is a ?. Jones could be turned.

Jones sayed he has been in much contact with Tennessee and the verbal is not considered to be very strong to UNC. I say we are out of the running for Austin, but like you sayed, we have a shot at Berry.

Jones sayed he has been in much contact with Tennessee and the verbal is not considered to be very strong to UNC. I say we are out of the running for Austin, but like you sayed, we have a shot at Berry.
I have heard several of the recruiting "gurus" say that we have just as good a chance of landing Austin as anyone does.

It is not so much that we have dont have a good shot, it is just that there are so many schools in the running it would be highly unlikely.

It is not so much that we have dont have a good shot, it is just that there are so many schools in the running it would be highly unlikely.
I think that if we can get him here on an official visit, then we have just as good a chance, if not better, than anyone else. Our coaching staff seems to be very good at sealing the deal when we get someone here on an official visit. Who is the primary recruiter for him?

Slade I believe, but I'm sure the whole staff is pitching in.

So many schools? We are in his final 7. The other six are Maryland, Illinois, Virginia, Miami, Florida State, and Southern Cal. We will be in his final 3 with FSU and USC.

VN Store

Back