• We've had an issue with our name servers today that may be affecting a number of users from accessing the site.

Introducing the UT '07 Class

therickbol

My crystal ball is showing me the #1 Recruiting Class in the country...(star ranking represents end of season ranking). You think I am kidding, but wait and see my Nostradamus like skills at work.

5-Star
Dwight Jones, WR
Brent Vinson, WR
Craig Cooper, RB
Chris Donald, OLB
Marvin Austin, DT
Eric Berry, CB

4-Star
Rae Sykes, DE (sign and place)
Chris Walker, DE/OLB
Rufus Williams, DE
Deshaun Barnes, OLB/S
Gerald Jones, S/WR (sign and place)
Art Evans, S/WR
Ahmad Paige, WR
Todd Campbell, WR
Roderick Davis, WR
Kaniela Tuipuloto, DT
CJ Fleming, CB
Dale Martin, RB
Dennis Rogan, RB/KR/PR (sign and place)
Daryl Vereen, RB/KR/PR
BJ Coleman, QB
Travaris Cadet, QB/ATH (sign and place)
Cody Pope, OL
Matt Romine, OL
Darris Sawtelle, OL

3-Star
Anthony Anderson, WR/S
Tyler Maples, WR/S
Josh Hawkins, RB/LB
Kevin Cooper, FB
Alonzo Winfield, OLB
Cory Hall, DE ***
Donald Langley, DT
Savion Frazier, ATH

Seems possible to me. It would have the potential to be the #1 class. A lot will depend on how we finish this season up. If we finish strong like we started then I don't see why we couldn't end up with that class.

gotta beleive in Phil recuiting =)

are you saying we get each of those guys? Im all for it, dont get me wrong, but I'll believe it when I see it.

No Rufus Williams? That kid is a beast and is high on the Vols.

Hillbilly, I'm pretty sure the only kid on that list that is looking at ND is Chris Donald and he will be a Vol.

this would be great, but i think we'll still have top ten class I dunno about #1, ND will prob get that

What about Dustin Lindsey?

and there's noway we're getting Marvin Austin. It's FSU/USC 50-50

Dustin Lindsey went Juco last year. We will not get him until the following year. And, we are very much in the Marvin Austin race. We have as much chance as FSU at landing him, USC is most likely the slight leader at this point. UT is in the race.

Rufus Williams is not real high on our list. In the end, I do not think we take his commitment if he wants to come to UT. It really will just depend on what they think our scholly count will look like.

And, what is with the Notre Dame infatuation on this thread? They are not even going after anybody on our list but Chris Donald, and he is UT bound. I left Harrison Smith off because I do think he will end up at Notre Dame. I think we do take that many WR because it is a very versatile position and because we are giong to have some difference makers fall into our lap at the lat minute. Ahmad Paige is very shaky about FSU and the #3 WR in the country, Dwight Jones, will not stay committed to a 1 win UNC team. Even though we have a lot of WR's when those two de-commit in January we will not be able to turn away players of their caliber.

I think we take Rufus. He will end up as a 4* and DE is a big need now. We may take 3(Walker, GW, and RW). I'm pretty sure Brent told me that we would definitely take Rufus if he wanted to commit.

Its because we lost so many of last years class to grades and discipline. We have a lot of room.

That's true... I'm guessing we sign 25.

Thats probably a pretty good estimate. That is why there were 4 or 5 that were listed as 'sign and place' recruits because they would be non-qualifiers meaning our actual class of signees would end up around 25-26.

We may sign more than 25. I know of at least 2 that will be early enrollees and count towards last year's schollys and 1 that may be. That is 2-3 extra plus any sign and place guys we take(ie Dennis Rogan).

and there's noway we're getting Marvin Austin. It's FSU/USC 50-50

What are Miami's chances of landing Major Wright, Chad Jones, Terrance Toliver, Marvin Austin, Brandon Hicks, and Alphonso Bryant?
--They are strong with Hicks and Bryant. The others have to be considered long shots at this point, but you never know what may happen.

What are the Vols' chances with Marvin Austin? Will they be able to get him on campus? Also, when can we expect a decision from Texas back Lennon Creer?
--Austin will visit Tennessee, and the Vols have as good a chance as anyone in my opinion. I think Creer will visit Georgia and some other places before making a final decision.

Where do you think Allen Bailey, Caleb King and Eric Berry will end up.
--As of today, Bailey to Georgia, King to Auburn and Berry to Tennessee.

IMO Berry is a lock for UGA. He is probably looking at how weak the Dawgs running game has been this year (Lumpkin is avg. around 56 ypg) and the fact that they do not have any commit from an RB for the 2007 class. UT on the other hand has some good RBs on campus and 4 commits from RBs in the 2007 class already. The opportunity to play would probably come sooner at UGA. Add UGA's in-state recruiting prowess and IMO Berry is a pipe dream for the Vols.

VN Store

Back