Info for Gameday Visitors to Knoxville

I'm making my first trip to Neyland as an adult this weekend for the SC game and was hoping you guys could help me out with some info. Where is the best place to get up to date UT gear like the rise to the top shirts? Around what time do I need to be there for the vol walk and when and where is the best tailgating location. Since its a noon game I figure I need to be out pretty early but dont want to miss any of the UT traditions.

Vol Walk will start at 9:45. So depending on how good of a view you want you probably need to be there between 9-9:30. Check out the book store or the store inside the stadium near Gate 21 for apparel.

This.

Also for gear, you can check out Alumni Hall as another option. I've only used the website because I'm not in the area but I think they some pretty decent stuff. Don't know if it's any different than what ATC stated, but maybe you can check them out.

Here's a link for locations (scroll down for Tennessee) 17 Store Locations!

Good luck, enjoy the game and...
GO VOLS!!!

Need some help. I will be in town for my first game in Neyland when we play Bama. What are some of the better parking lots that don't require a parking pass and are not overly expensive?

Lots of lots and garages downtown. Most will charge around $20.

Parking at The Coliseum and taking the shuttle is another popular option.

Yeah, most are probably around a mile and a half to two miles. I park at the Locust St garage. It's a 20ish minute walk to stadium.

Is that garage open to the public and can you tailgate in/around the garage?

It is open to the public, and also those who have passes. I see people tailgating there every week, especially on the top level. It's not a huge tailgate spot though since it's a mile or two from campus.

Thanks. If we parked in one if the garages, where should we look to tailgate? Just walk towards the stadium until we find some good spots?

Thanks. If we parked in one if the garages, where should we look to tailgate? Just walk towards the stadium until we find some good spots?

Best tailgating spots are probably the lot right in front of the stadium, Circle Park area where the torchbearer statue is (this is where Vol Walk begins btw) and also along Volunteer Blvd between the library and circle park.

If you plan on just joining someone instead of setting up your own stuff I'd recommend just finding a good looking group and telling them you're visitors. People will be curious about you all and want to show you what a UT gameday is all about.

Last edited:
What would be a good time to get to Locust St garage to guarantee getting a spot before it fills?

Thanks. Talked to a guy at the Main St garage down Locust St from the Locust St garage and he said they would be there at 10 am. Had me a bit worried.

Reactions: 1 person
This is my first post, and it may be in the wrong place (sorry mods) but here goes:

Here's my suggestion: (Channeling the Jets cheer)
GOOOOOOOOOO (KICK) VOLS! V-O-L-S, GO VOLS GO!
I am a passionate Vols fan living deep in UGA country... I hate the Dawgs, but man when 90,000 people are chanting Go Dawgs at kick-off it really makes the hairs on your neck stand up. Game day at Neyland 110,000 strong is the most incredible experience I have been a part of, and after all the partying, anticipation, and excitement. The crowd comes to a fever pitch right before the ball is kick and every Vols fan joins in with a collective grunt. It's pretty anti-climactic... We can do better VolNation..

Someone with thread creating privileges please repost; lets make it happen!

Last edited:
Once in a lifetime trip for me and my buddies for the Florida game! Can't wait!!
We are coming in from out of state...Trying to figure out parking. Looking at the map we would like to get in the orange zone. Are passes available for that area? Where can passes be purchased? I don't see any info there.
Thanks in advance guys...go Vols!!

Does anyone know where the 9a parking is? On stub hub it shows but on the Tennessee Parking , it does not appear

Does anyone know where the 9a parking is? On stub hub it shows but on the Tennessee Parking , it does not appear

9A is just across the street and west of Circle Park. Due east of the Art & Architecture Building and due south of Humanities. Right next to Volunteer Village.

parking.utk.edu/wp-content/uploads/sites/6/2014/06/Football-Parking-Map-2016-final-printed-7-30-16.pdf

I hope someone can give me some advice. I have a group of 12 guys going to Nashville for the weekend of Oct. 12-17. We want to go to the Vols game on Oct. 14th against the Gamecocks. We were hoping to find some sort of a fan bus or something going from Nashville. Does anyone know of something like this? Thank you!

quick google turned up this. No idea how well it works but it says 6 or more get a discount

http://rallybus.net/ut-volunteers-usc-gamecocks/

Thanks. I have used Rally Bus in the past, and it is a good service. But, the bus also has to hit a minimum number of passengers or they cancel it, and I have had that happen before, a week before the trip. Right now, they need 25 passengers to fill this bus, and I only have 12! So, I was hoping there were other options, but, it is not looking good!

Myself and 2 of my buddies (mid 30's) are coming down from Indiana for the LSU game. I have been to several UT games but never tailgate, and my friends have never been. Is there anyone that wouldn't mind a few visitors? If so, other than our drinks, what can we bring? My email is bullness22@gmail.com
Thank you

Good thing about this game is there shouldn't be any drunken BYU fans to deal with after the game like the Bammers I have run into in the past. The BYU fans should be ready to deal with the obnoxious, drunken Vol fans though. Good luck.

VN Store

Back