In case you haven't noticed, we're on the move -2022 Rankings-

Great News! When I see this I get that same confidence I felt going into a game with this staff after they got settled in on Hooker as the starter. You know what I mean? That little tinge of confidence that you never had with Pruitt, Botch, etc... they apparently did some great recruiting but never could quite manage the big picture. I hope things really are different this time around.

Great News! When I see this I get that same confidence I felt going into a game with this staff after they got settled in on Hooker as the starter. You know what I mean? That little tinge of confidence that you never had with Pruitt, Botch, etc... they apparently did some great recruiting but never could quite manage the big picture. I hope things really are different this time around.
Oh yes, I know what you mean. It just feels good to have hope again......

I see nothing that warrants optimism in recruiting. Only three 4* recruits. We trail USC, UK, AR, and MO. AL and UGA have 6X more 4-5* recruits. That's not 6 more but 6X more. No way we will compete with those programs unless recruiting improves dramatically. Heupel has to do better. Hopefully, he will.

I see nothing that warrants optimism in recruiting. Only three 4* recruits. We trail USC, UK, AR, and MO. AL and UGA have 6X more 4-5* recruits. That's not 6 more but 6X more. No way we will compete with those programs unless recruiting improves dramatically. Heupel has to do better. Hopefully, he will.
Lol another star gazer… trust your eyes and go watch film of our commits or shut up crying my goodness we got some kids coming that actually fit our scheme and are good players I could care less about a star ranking…

Stargazer. Texas has probably almost as many times 4 or 5 star players on their roster. You going to take Texas heads up?

Reactions: jonnon111
I hope you realize where we have been and how far he has brought this team in a very short period.

I hate to say this - but you guys always saying star gazing is overrated, well the correlation between numbers of four and five star talent and the top teams (usually in the CFP) - Ohio State, Clemmer, Bammer, UGA, etc etc is very close. Said differently, when we were good, we were loaded with 4 and 5s.
There is no explaining this away with “coach em up and judge the film yourself etc”
It’s just reality. You take a team loaded with 4s and 5s and they will usually beat down a team with 3s.
See what’s gonna happen to Cincinnati for example.

He has proven to do more with less than anyone in the conference, so lack all the optimism you want, I for one am onboard GO VOLS

You do know that recruiting is not over yet. But hey why let a little optimism and trending good news spoil your miserable life.

Totally agree.

I have said, with many others, that if this guy can manage to recruit at a competitive level, he has a very high ceiling. A team of high 3 stars and some 4 stars is probably as good as it gets right now, but with this staff, I think they can squeeze 9-10 wins out of that roster in 2 years, and then the momentum will push him over the top.

If you are expecting us to shift to a 4 and 5 star roster this year, you're insane. Paycheck Phil and Slingblade McGump left an absolute wreck behind them. I'm happy Heupel has us this far in the time he has had to work.

UF will finish strong like they ALWAYS do! They wont stay at 76. I wouldnt be surprised to see them crack the top 15-20.

Reactions: TJVol95

VN Store

Back