In case you haven't noticed, we're on the move -2022 Rankings-

Wrong again. Lack of a QB who could hit wide open receivers for easy TDS.
Running 3 running plays for net 2 yards in a row on multiple possessions..... Constructive criticism is a good thing brother. No one is perfect. Heupel is a grown man he can handle it. Not saying he hasn't done great but to say some play calling hasn't been questionable at times especially the bama game is wrong.

Reactions: LittleVol
14 3 stars
That will change and the players we pick up i
from the portal 2ill result in a better record in 2022. The improvement is just getting started. Happy days are ahead regardless of how muck you are against it. We will likely finish second in the SEC East next year. I predicted we would win 7-8 games this year and we will increase the number of wins in 2022.

Reactions: Sara Clark
Respecting the ancient adage that he who argues with a fool is a bigger one, I won't respond to this further.
Of course you will not....get your last word in though....LOL I was never arguing with you, nor do I think you are a fool. Just a star gazer looking for stars.

I have said this before and will continue to say it...Let the coaches coach. They know what they need more than the msg board forum posters.

Remember to bite your tongue....Mr. 2 degree....you are not kin to the PHd poster in this forum, are you?

No offense, but statistically speaking, maybe you should.

College players get drafted based on their ability and performance in college, yes? So.....

Last 4 years combined:
***** 84/126 were drafted. 67%
**** 269/1096 were drafted. 25%
*** 409/5461 were drafted. 7%
** or unranked 115/5600 were drafted. 2%

There's a lot of 3* players in the NFL for one reason: There's 5x more of them than 4 and 5*'s put together.

Everyone has their own favorite underachieving 5* and overachieving 3* that they like to throw out, but the facts are the facts. Every time we get a 4* recruit, he has 3.5x more probability to develop into a NFL caliber player than a 3*. Every time we get a 5* recruit, he has 10x more probability of developing into a NFL caliber player than a 3*. That's why I get excited when I see a higher ranked player commit to us, and that's why every SEC or National Championship team in the modern era has had more 4 and 5*'s in their two deep than 3*'s.

I'm sure our coaches would prefer more certainty with higher ranked guys, but Tennessee just can't pull the higher ranked players on a consistent basis right now. They are recruiting who they think we have a chance with. Some consistent success on the field can and will change that IMO, because Tennessee continues to show out when recruits get on campus.

I love Coach Heupel and really believe he can get us to where we are competing for Championships again, but to have a consistent shot at the big boys, we need a higher talent level. Embrace the facts and let us enjoy gazing.

I do think there's a good chance this staff adds 3-5 higher ranked guys (4* or above) in this recruiting cycle, as well as a few highly ranked transfers.
Thanks for the data. Many factors play into the ability of getting drafted and some may actually be confounding effects with the stats presented. The 4 and 5-star players typically attend power 5 schools where they have better facilities, better coaches (perhaps), better strength and conditioning programs, better trainers/health staff, better dietitians, higher likelihood of tv/media exposure, ability to practice and play against higher skilled players everyday, etc. I definitely agree the higher ranked players have a better percentage chance of making it to the NFL, but it isn’t an easy direct comparison. Additionally, comparing a low 3-star OL to a 5-star QB isn’t the best way to determine draft-ability. An interesting study would be to compare 3, 4, and 5 star players within the same team or at least the same conference vs their calculated draft percentages. With 5461 3-star players, there is a big difference in skill set between the lowest and highest rated ones within each position and across the range of players.

VN Store

Back