IMO this will be Butch's last game

Only way I see Butch getting fired mid season is if we lose to UK and Vandy which will probably happen. I think this was the "last year was the coordinator/assistant coaches fault so let me bring new ones in and we'll be better" year. Coaches always get fired if that doesn't work out

I believe this Georgia game will be Butch's last game.

Georgia will beat us by about 30, and we have a bye week following the game. It's a perfect opportunity to get the interim coach in place.

People think we will wait until the end of the year, but we didn't do that for Dooley. If we lose to Georgia, we may as well scrap the season and get a big name coach in here who can't mess this up.

this is so ****ing stupid

Imo if we beat Georgia and we were close against Florida that will play into the decision no matter our record.

And believe me it pains me to say that.

What is this if we beat Georgia nonsense? We aren't beating Georgia. It's like us saying if we beat Alabama. Georgia's strengths are our weakness. They will run all over us.

Georgia will beat us by about 30, and we have a bye week following the game. It's a perfect opportunity to get the interim coach in place.

People think we will wait until the end of the year, but we didn't do that for Dooley. If we lose to Georgia, we may as well scrap the season and get a big name coach in here who can't mess this up.

One can only dream, but it won't happen the way you suggest

Glad you led with "IMO" because you may be sorely disappointed. All the positives CBJ has brought will help him immensely with the people who make these decisions....

Glad you led with "IMO" because you may be sorely disappointed. All the positives CBJ has brought will help him immensely with the people who make these decisions....

No amount of positives can make up for losing and making us a laughing stock.

Doubt it. They'll wait longer than they should like usual. What i worry about is this team doesn't have much fire too it. Some rumors about the lockeroom being a mess. Not sure Jones holds this thing together to get too the projected 7 wins. Which right now may be generous.. They won't fire him after Georgia, i don't think the game is close though.

You have lost your mind.

Yesterday the team was flat. It happens, especially with a big game last week and another one next week. Even the fans were flat. I'm beginning to wonder if Tennessee fans deserve a winning football team. Players are affected by your negativity. When you say you support the team, but not the coaches, you are lying. The coaches are part of the team. Is there a point in a coaching tenure that a change becomes necessary? Yes, it happened here with Bowden Wyatt, Bill Battle, and Derek Dooley. Are we at that point with Butch Jones? Not even close. If you're not on board with this coaching staff, you're part of the problem.

All due respect, that is BS. I was at game. I'm not some spoiled fanboy. Have had season tix for over 30 years. Went to my 1st game 60 years ago. Make a 5 hour one way trip for every home game.

Was it SEC-game loud... no. The fans were loud enough on several occasions to cause disruption for UMASS offense.

I remember the Battle years, et. al.
It is not the fans' fault for the performance of the team, nor for CBJ'S results (or lack thereof). I know a few letterman from Dickey, Battle going forward and they would also tell you the same.

Last edited:
At best it will influence the end of season decision.
Anything less that 8 regular season wins and I think Currie will pull the string.

Team down and injuries abound, coaches rattled, and fair weather fans equal a recipe for disaster vs Georgia. Butch will go nowhere unless we lose out in the SEC, which is a distinct possibility at this point.

VN Store

Back