IMO this will be Butch's last game

Is this based on some kind of information, or just a feeling from deep within your loins?

i think lyle is awful but he isnt going anywhere until the wheels are off. ky and vandy are his make or break games imo. maybe just vandy. lose 3 of 5 to vandy...thats grounds for dismissal

Butch Jones could rape Smokey on the 50-yard line this weekend and not get fired. Realistically speaking, they would not likely actually announce firing him until the end of the regular season. p nobody would be able to replace him midseason so the coaches there looking for would not be able to start until the bowl game should we make it to 1 which is highly unlikely.

And herein lies my issue with the Butch apologists and those who think all is well on the Hill. We are not "supposed" to lose to UGA. In Year 5. At home. Against a 2nd year head coach at UGA.

Butch has had 5 years to get his players, coaches, and system in place and functioning. Kirby is in Year 2. Having watched both teams play this year, it's not even close as to who has done a better job.

No, you don't get fired for losing to a team you're supposed to lose to. You get fired for losing to teams you should have beaten.

Go Vols.

Gonna beat that dead horse ...

I, personally, don't focus on overall record. IMO a UT coach should be fired if he has a 5 year SEC W-L record of:

2013: 2-6
2014: 3-5
2015: 5-3
2016: 4-4
2017: 4-4 (Maybe)

Insult to injury ... you lose to Vandy TWICE in a FOUR year period; you are 0-8 against SEC West; AND you have had a roster with many gifted and talented players for at least the last 3 years.

If boosters and administration isn't willing to go after the best coaches available then what's the point of firing a mediocre coach?

Buth's downfall is that he doesn't believe in the fundamentals of SEC football. Aggressive defense, physical line play, running the ball and play action.

It's been the same recipe for 50 years.

Reactions: 2 people
Losing to GA. will not ice it. IMO as long as he goes 7-5, he stays because of the buyout and the top recruiting class in SEC. He is still in line to 8-4, losing to the "Big 4 " on the schedule.

Y'all have no idea the work I put in to make this reply. I hadn't logged into this forum for a couple years and have changed email addresses as well. Needless to say it was painful figuring out how to get logged back in.

Ok now to my point.

You all are pathetic, you're wishing for a loss so you can make more "fire butch". He just don't get it, he will never be a winner. Well hell from yalls attitude, you don't deserve a winner. You deserve a few more decades of 6-6. Anytime this team wins you complain about the running game, or the play sheet, or the length of the grass or too much sun in the sky.

Anytime they lose there are 100 posts about how terrible they are. So what, they lost to Florida, on the road, on a last second Hail Mary. We did the same thing to GA last year and everyone was stoked! That's the breaks sometimes. It doesn't have to be a complete meltdown every week, but y'all make it out to be.

Sure they only beat umass by 4. Guess what it's still a W. if they went 13-0 and won each game by 1 point I wouldn't give a rats ass.

So summarize, this fan base is what needs replacing, think we can find some boosters to move in some actual dedicated vol fans? This will probably be my last post on here and I'm quite happy with that. I'd rather read ESPN than this garbage.

Reactions: 1 person
I believe this Georgia game will be Butch's last game.

Georgia will beat us by about 30, and we have a bye week following the game. It's a perfect opportunity to get the interim coach in place.

People think we will wait until the end of the year, but we didn't do that for Dooley. If we lose to Georgia, we may as well scrap the season and get a big name coach in here who can't mess this up.

You know better than this ^^^^ I hope......fired after Georgia.......never happen and You know it!

Losing to GA. will not ice it. IMO as long as he goes 7-5, he stays because of the buyout and the top recruiting class in SEC. He is still in line to 8-4, losing to the "Big 4 " on the schedule.

He loses 4 more games, with the temperature already boiling, the recruiting class is probably going to collapse.

Y'all have no idea the work I put in to make this reply. I hadn't logged into this forum for a couple years and have changed email addresses as well. Needless to say it was painful figuring out how to get logged back in.

Ok now to my point.

You all are pathetic, you're wishing for a loss so you can make more "fire butch". He just don't get it, he will never be a winner. Well hell from yalls attitude, you don't deserve a winner. You deserve a few more decades of 6-6. Anytime this team wins you complain about the running game, or the play sheet, or the length of the grass or too much sun in the sky.

Anytime they lose there are 100 posts about how terrible they are. So what, they lost to Florida, on the road, on a last second Hail Mary. We did the same thing to GA last year and everyone was stoked! That's the breaks sometimes. It doesn't have to be a complete meltdown every week, but y'all make it out to be.

Sure they only beat umass by 4. Guess what it's still a W. if they went 13-0 and won each game by 1 point I wouldn't give a rats ass.

So summarize, this fan base is what needs replacing, think we can find some boosters to move in some actual dedicated vol fans? This will probably be my last post on here and I'm quite happy with that. I'd rather read ESPN than this garbage.

Don't let the door hit you in the proverbial A**

Georgia will beat us by about 30, and we have a bye week following the game. It's a perfect opportunity to get the interim coach in place.

People think we will wait until the end of the year, but we didn't do that for Dooley. If we lose to Georgia, we may as well scrap the season and get a big name coach in here who can't mess this up.

With the early signing period for recruits in place, we not only need to part ways the bye week, but we need a new coach then or shortly thereafter to hold the class together. If we wait till after the season, the possible early signers could get nervous and start jumping ship.

Don't let the door hit you in the proverbial A**

I'm not going anywhere as a vol fan. I'll watch the boys every week and keep wearing my orange. What I won't do is come on here and listen to a bunch of grown men whine like school girls.

Btw Freak, you run an awesome board and do a hell of a job. It's the memebers that make it bad.

Lol we won't hire an OC or a DC.(unless you are talking about another team's OC/DC) This whole staff is laughable. Not one person will be retained. The new coach will bring an entirely new staff. We MIGHT keep Gillespie but I wouldn't force the new coach to do that.

I meant an OC or DC from another college.

Fact checks!

Fired:
Fulmer 2008 Final Season Record 5-7
Dooley 2012 Final Season Record 4-7 (Chaney coached the last game 1-0)

We don't fire coaches until they post an under 6-6 season. That is what Butch will have to do before getting fired.

I'm not going anywhere as a vol fan. I'll watch the boys every week and keep wearing my orange. What I won't do is come on here and listen to a bunch of grown men whine like school girls.

Btw Freak, you run an awesome board and do a hell of a job. It's the memebers that make it bad.

Agree 100%

Drink some more

VN Store

Back