Imagine this SEC East scenario

UT finished 5-1 in the Division vs the runner up UGA who was 4-2 in the division. UF is irrelevant considering they didn't match our league record.

You can't back into a division title when the team that finishes in the runner up spot is a team you beat head to head. 3rd place UF is irrelevant.

And there has been no thrashing. Atleast not by you considering you sought me out in responding to my comment in the first place......
Not sure why you keep repeating yourself ad nauseam. Its almost like you are trying to convince yourself that you are right..

Not sure why you keep repeating yourself ad nauseam. Its almost like you are trying to convince yourself that you are right..

I am right. You don't back your way into a division title when the teams you lost to aren't in the runnerup spots. Not hard to figure out here.

Yeah, well, we haven't been in that position in over a decade. At this point it is more a realist mentality, not a loser mentality.
There is nothing real about it my friend. The Vols will not be close to the east title this season. Next year is a new year though. Sorry if I offended you. I just don't agree with putting our hopes on the success or failure of other programs. UT football should control their own destiny by winning the games and not being a weakling football program.

Go Vols!

Here’s how it would happen.
Vols lose to Bama, beat USC, UK, MU, VU. 5-3
MU Loses to UGA, UF, UT, beats VU, UK. ARK 5-3
UF loses to USC, UGA, beats VU, MU. 5-3
USC loses to UT, beats UF, VU,TAMU. 5-3
UGA loses to Aub,TAMU, beats UK, UF, MU 5-3

There is much easier path. Mizzou is banned from post season play. That changes this to:

Vols loses to Bama, beats USC, UK, MU, VU. 5-3
MU loses to UT, beats VU, UF, UGA, UK, ARK 7-1
UF loses to USC, MU, UGA, beats VU. 4-4
UGA loses to AU,TAMU, MU, beats UK, UF. 4-4

We would hold the tie breaker over USC. Honestly I only think we have a good shot at beating Vandy and UAB, but last weekend did blow the East race wide open

I had forgotten about their probation for creating a fake major at NCarolina.
Even if our ban stands, if we win the East I assure you we will promote the hell out of another East Division title to the annoyance of our fellow brothers in the division. Gotta play for something!

Reactions: MemphisVol77
There is much easier path. Mizzou is banned from post season play. That changes this to:

Vols loses to Bama, beats USC, UK, MU, VU. 5-3
MU loses to UT, beats VU, UF, UGA, UK, ARK 7-1
UF loses to USC, MU, UGA, beats VU. 4-4
UGA loses to AU,TAMU, MU, beats UK, UF. 4-4

We would hold the tie breaker over USC. Honestly I only think we have a good shot at beating Vandy and UAB, but last weekend did blow the East race wide open

I have a better scenario, UT can get into the National Championship Playoffs!!

It starts with a 4 TD blowout of Alabama this week. Not likely, yes, but you guys did win last week!

Now hear me out...

You blow Bama, then South Carolina forfeits because of fear, absolutely smash UAB with the 3rd string, resting the starters for a 50 point thrashing at Kentucky, followed by another forfeit by Mizzou, ending with a blowout win and an unprecedented 5 vandy player deaths in the same game.

This leads to the committee voting in the Vols for the Playoffs and the other 3 teams (once again) forfeiting and you got yourself a national championship!! (and eastern division title)

:)

There is also a chance I could start dating Jennifer Anniston. Not a great chance, but a chance...in that we are both still alive....and that is about it.

The delusion by some Vol fans is unreal.

I just wish Kate Beckinsale would lose my number.

Reactions: Bigun
I have a better scenario, UT can get into the National Championship Playoffs!!

It starts with a 4 TD blowout of Alabama this week. Not likely, yes, but you guys did win last week!

Now hear me out...

You blow Bama, then South Carolina forfeits because of fear, absolutely smash UAB with the 3rd string, resting the starters for a 50 point thrashing at Kentucky, followed by another forfeit by Mizzou, ending with a blowout win and an unprecedented 5 vandy player deaths in the same game.

This leads to the committee voting in the Vols for the Playoffs and the other 3 teams (once again) forfeiting and you got yourself a national championship!! (and eastern division title)

:)

One problem with this scenario, how does UT beat Vandy? They looked pretty good smacking Mizzou around.

VN Store

Back